• This topic has 14 voices and 67 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Jugović, is as far as I know an autonym used by our Gastarbajters, to denote themselves. :)
    Quote:
    Jugovići is acctually from Serbia. It is semi-selfironicall name for Yugoslav diaspora in Western Europe:

http://vukajlija.com/jugovici/61632

Yeah it is possible that they spread their own term among Slovenes but i often hear word Jugovič.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Jugovići is acctually from Serbia. It is semi-selfironicall name for Yugoslav diaspora in Western Europe:

http://vukajlija.com/jugovici/61632

It's also a surname.

Anonymous
    Quote:

It's also a surname.

Patronym from the name Jug.

Anonymous

You all bunch of Jugoviči anyway. ;D Jugoviči = sinovi juga. LOL Sometimes for fun pourpouses way we say naši južni bratje. XD

Anonymous
    Quote:

Cigani – Gypsies, Roma people – All used by ex-yu countries

It sounds like 'Цыгане' in Russian which is the official word for Gypsies in Russia.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In Polish Szwedzi is official word for Swedes, nothing offensive or negative in this.

So is in Russian: 'Шведы'. There is nothing offensive about this word.

Anonymous

Some romanians, for example, don't really like being called "vlasi".

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You all bunch of Jugoviči anyway. ;D Jugoviči = sinovi juga. LOL Sometimes for fun pourpouses way we say naši južni bratje. XD

Југовићи surname is old. According to epic poetry, Prince Lazar's father in law was Југ-Богдан and his sons Југовићи.
    Anyway, Jugovići was slang word for all Yugoslav guestarbeiters in Western Europe.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It sounds like 'Цыгане' in Russian which is the official word for Gypsies in Russia.

It has same greek root = Athinganos. In German it's zigeuner.

As for Albanians, one once told me (btw my city has become a sewer because of them) that it's not offensive if you call them shqiptari (which they call themslevs), but of course if a Serb calls them šiptari or šiptarčine they will get offended.

А Russian slur I particularly like is Чурка – which means dumb,  used mainly for Caucasus immigrants (which seems infest Moscow nowadays).

Anonymous

Чивут/Čivut – j.e.w, used for moneygrubbers, misers

Anonymous

Bežimo, tecimo (otroška pesmica)

Lyric;

Bežimo, tecimo, cigani gredo,
    v rjavih bisagah otroke neso.
    Ti dralala, ti dralala, tidralalalala,
    ti dralala, ti dralala, tidralalalala.

Če se ne umivaš, cigana se boj,
    sicer te zaloti in vzame s seboj.
    Ti dralala, ti dralala, tidralalalala,
    ti dralala, ti dralala, tidralalalala.

;D ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It has same greek root = Athinganos. In German it's zigeuner.

As for Albanians, one once told me (btw my city has become a sewer because of them) that it's not offensive if you call them shqiptari (which they call themslevs), but of course if a Serb calls them šiptari or šiptarčine they will get offended.

А Russian slur I particularly like is Чурка – which means dumb,  used mainly for Caucasus immigrants (which seems infest Moscow nowadays).

‘Чурка’ can be any Asian person. Literally is a ‘block of wood’ meaning the person is as dumb as a block of wood. This is contemptuous word and is best avoided.

Estonians – кураты (contemptuous word and is also best avoided) or чухонцы, чухня (historical name for some Finno-Ugrian tribes living in Novgorod republic)
    Finns – чухонцы, чухня.
    Lithuanians and Latvians are 'лабус' or 'лабас'. It’s derived from Lithuanian word ‘Hi’ but Lithuanians find it insulting. It’s not the word itself, it’s the meaning that is put into the word.

There are other slurs.

The word Albanian is in itself is used as a slur occasionally in discussions on the Internet. If someone makes a grammar error he or she would be recommended to learn Albanian language.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The word Albanian in itself is used as slur occasionally in discussions on the Internet. If someone makes a grammar error he or she would be recommended to learn Albanian language.  ;D

Hehe, with time it will become derogatory to call Albanians, Albanians :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hehe, with time it will become derogatory to call Albanians, Albanians :)

Maybe.  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Estonians – кураты (contemptuous word and is also best avoided) or чухонцы, чухня (historical name for some Finno-Ugrian tribes living in Novgorod republic)
    Finns – чухонцы, чухня. The word чухня is often used in context as nonsense or

I didn't know there were slurs for Finns! I know they call you Russians ryssä (negative connotations).

чухня probably derives from чудь, which was original name for Fennic and Estonian tribes met by Slavs/Russians during their migration northwards. As I stated before in the Finnish thread, Slavs had a technological edge over finnic tribes and managed to conquer them even if heavily outnumbered. So чудь must have been a word to denote their primitiveness. That, and their slow speech patterns which what I hear from my Russian friends cracks you up all the time  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

3 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • CivilixXXX