• This topic has 6 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Partial source: SlovakCooking.com

Salty Snacks

In Slovakia we have various, various kinds of flavour of chips. My personal favourites are Onion Cream, Forest Mushrooms, Outlaw Skewer and Wasabi :)

Sweet Snacks

[img height=400]http://stilus.cz/eshop/obrazky/80600021.jpg”/>

Anonymous

Mushroom flavored potato chips??????  Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Anonymous
    Quote:

In Poland the Horalky changed its name to Góralki  >:(

Anonymous
    Quote:

Isn't it becouse of language? Altho it is hillarious. It would be like if Slovene Gorenjka would be sould as Horenka or Horalka (???) among Czechs! ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Isn't it becouse of language? Altho it is hillarious. It would be like if Slovene Gorenjka would be sould as Horenka or Horalka (???) among Czechs! ;D

Yes, it's simply a translated word. And yes, it's hilarious. Still don't know why they did it, the new name sound stupid in comparison with the old one (but it's possible that my opinion is biased, as I encountered Horalky (:D) much earlier than they introduced them in Poland, and I was a bit shocked when I saw them in a Polish shop).

Maybe they wanted to increase revenue by selling something that looks "more domestic"?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Maybe they wanted to increase revenue by selling something that looks "more domestic"?

You can't exclude possibility Horalky has subsidary factory in Poland. Altho even in that case it's interesting that they operate under different brand.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You can't exclude possibility Horalky has subsidary factory in Poland. Altho even in that case it's interesting that they operate under different brand.

Nope, this says, that they are both the same, produced in the same factory, in the same varieties, only the package is different.

Oh, and the owner of the brand is also the same.

Anonymous

Chocolate and cookie wafers seem very popular in Slavic lands.  The Polish grocery stores here have many varieties

Anonymous
    Quote:

Believe me or not, Horalky exported to Poland taste different (worse) than Horalky in Slovakia. I was quite shocked  :(

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Mushroom flavored potato chips??????  Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

They're suprisingly tasty!! In Slovakia (and Czechia, Poland and Russia) there is very much known going to the forest to picking up muchrooms. Everyone can do it, in almost each forest (which is not part of the protected area and so). You just have to know which mushrooms are edible and which not ;) And if you'll say something against mushrooms, I ' m  g o n n a  f i n d  y o u  a n d  y o u r  f a m i l y .

Just for you, I found on official webpage of Slovakia Chips all flavours of chips ^^

– Salt
    – Paprika
    – Bacon
    – Onion Cream
    – Skewer (Shish Kebab)
    – Mushrooms
    – Rosemary
    – Paprika And Tomato
    – Various Cheeses
    – Wasabi
    – Mustard
    – Chilli
    – Cheddar

I tried all of them. They're all very tasty and i would eat them again :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Believe me or not, Horalky exported to Poland taste different (worse) than Horalky in Slovakia. I was quite shocked  :(

Never eaten them in Poland, so I can't compare. But in Slovakia they were good :)

Anonymous

Still love barbeque flavored chips.  Same with Buffalo wings flavored ones

Anonymous

I like those roladice

And I was mad on theese too

Anonymous
    Quote:

I found this on YouTube:

Reklama Holarky – Góralki

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • 'las
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • Tujev