• This topic has 15 voices and 36 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Our moderators have came up with an idea to change Slavorum post ranks as

1) New User
    2) Member
    3) Sr. Member
    4) Revered Member

with something like:

1) Peasant,
    2) Knight,
    3) Knyaz,
    4) Voivod of Slavorum,
    5) Tsar of Slavorum

So please tell us your opinions on the issue and is it a yay or nay.

Anonymous

I firmly vote yay!  ;D

Anonymous

IMHO Knyaz is higher in the rank than Voivode.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    IMHO Knyaz is higher in the rank than Voivode.

It depends how we all decide here tbh.

Knyaz can both be an equivallend of a lords or dukes which where just lords of some land, property and were under Voivoids who controlled whole regions who were in turn only pledged to King or Tsar. Then in other cases Knyaz/Knez was an eqivallent of a Prince which would in term make him above Voivoid as they we're the second in rule after their fathers, Kings or Tsars.

It just depends how we make a deal here, imo Voivoid sounds better but Knyaz of Slavorum sounds as good.

Anonymous

Voted "nay". No offence but it looks juvenile  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Voted "nay". No offence but it looks juvenile  :)

Well it's a leggit reason ;D me and Povhec had a laugh how awesome would it be if the forum was full of Pesants ;D

Anonymous

I voted "yes", but the main difficulty that this system will be less clear. I'd take some time for adaptation.
    I'm not sure in my English language skills, pesant and peasant are the same?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I voted "yes", but the main difficult that this system will be less obvious. I'd take some time for adaptation.
    I'm not sure in my English language skills, pesant and peasant are the same?

Yeah you are right, it was wrongly written as pesant. It's peasant.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It depends how we all decide here tbh.

Knyaz can both be an equivallend of a lords or dukes which where just lords of some land, property and were under Voivoids who controlled whole regions who were in turn only pledged to King or Tsar. Then in other cases Knyaz/Knez was an eqivallent of a Prince which would in term make him above Voivoid as they we're the second in rule after their fathers, Kings or Tsars.

It just depends how we make a deal here, imo Voivoid sounds better but Knyaz of Slavorum sounds as good.

Before Tsardom Knyaz was the ruler of a tribe or a principality and could have several voivods assisting him. The title voivod was widely used before Tsardom.The role of Knyaz became less prominent after Tsardom was established while the chief millitary commander (voivod) kept his political powers. There maybe variations. The meaning of Knyaz changed over time. IMHO

If Knyaz is the prince while Tsar is on the trone, then Voivod  is probably higher in the ranks. Voivod definately has more real power in the country than a prince unless the prince is the heir to the trone.

How is that for explanation? :)

Anonymous

nay! I don't post much so i'll be stuck on peasant!  ;D

Anonymous

The term 'peasant' has negative meaning in English. In modern English the term is used in nagative context imho. I am not a native English speak and I could be wrong.

If Voivod on the forum would to tell to a new user : "Begone peasant!" . That would sound offensive in English.  ::)

Anonymous
    Quote:

How is that for explanation? :)

pretty good :) In Croatia in early medieval times Knyaz/Knez as Stjepan Držislav was the ruler of the country/Kingdom (in latin scripts called Dux of Croatorum) and at the time the rank was the early version of latter what would become "king", yet in later medieval times the title was just sort of a nobility title as a Duke/Lord. But as i said due to the fact that we would (if we all decide to use such ranks) use all ranks meaning later versions where titles as Tzars exist so then Knyaz wouldn't have the higest role in the system due to exactly how you said Voivoid in reallity would have more real political power putting him just under Tsar/Tzar. It's all matter of our preference and how we would make a deal to use it (no big deal in general).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    nay! I don't post much so i'll be stuck on peasant!  ;D

Exactly a good reason, it might motivate you to work up on your rank ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The term 'peasant' has negative meaning in English. In modern English the term is used in nagative context imho. I am not a native English speak and I could be wrong.

If Voivod on the forum would to tell to a new user : "Begone peasant!" . That would sound offensive in English.  ::)

Believe me Peasant word isn't as bad as the Slavic title that feudal lords used to give to low-ranking mebmers of society. Slavic word for them was "Kmet" (which is a sort of equvivalent to Peasant), and was a much worse in meaning. Peasant still is quite positive word that could and was used to mean free-man that are usually farmers among others, compared to "Kmet" that was completly derogatory, as far as history would tell.

Anonymous

Replace peasant with seljak or kmet and you have my axe, I mean my vote :)

And can we change knight to boyar or vitez?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Jan Pat II
  • kony97
  • Piachu
  • haver25
  • GOGA