• This topic has 11 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Balts included.
    Inside the “()” we put ancestry of the character even if its uncertain and only partial. Lets focus on Slavonic part. You may also include spoken Slavonic languages.

Hannibal Lecter – in book (Polish or polonized Lithuanian. Speaks Polish)

Jason Bourne – in book (Unknown Slavonic ancestry. Speaks Polish ,Czech and Russian)

Max Rockatansky/Rokatański – Mad Max (Polish)

Ivan Drago – Rocky (Russian)

Yuri Boyka – Undisputed (Russian)

Isaak Sirko – Dexter (Ukrainian)

Matthew Kowalski -Gravity (Polish)

Walter Kowalski – Gran Torino (Polish)

Stanley Kowalski -Streetcar called desire (Polish)

B.J. Blazkowicz -Wolfenstein (Polish)

“Le Chiffre” -James Bond universe – in book (unknown Slavonic ancestry ,most probably Polish)

Nikolai Rachenko -Red Scorpion (Russian)

Vampire Armand (eastern Slavic)

Jude Lizowski (Polish)

Walter Langkowski – Marvel universe (Polish)

Nemo – in original version of book (Polish)

Mark Kaminsky -Raw Deal (Polish)

Nick Pulovski – The Rookie (Polish)

Ivan Danko -Red Heat (Russian)

Tommy Nowak – Pink Cadillac(Polish)

BONUS:
    Janek – Prometheus (Polish?) ;D

Boromir – Tolkien universe (Proto-Slavic?) ;D

As you may clearely see I’m focused on Polish characters so please add some other characters here. I’m very interested in southern Slavonic ones but we all know the stereotype of bad Russians in american movies so I expect a lot of fictional Russians here hehe.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Interesting list :D i’ll keep an eye for ither characters.

Anonymous

Kazimiera Rakuzanka – Rainbow Six (Polish, born in Gdańsk)

Arkadi Novikov – Rainbow Six (Russian)

Kowalski – Vanishing Point (Polish) [Dodge created a special line of cars called Challanger Kowalski Edition]

Ernst Stavro Blofeld – James Bond universe – in book (Polish ,born in my city -Gdynia)

Zbigniew Krycsiwiki – James Bond universe (Polish, born in Kraków)

Janos Prohaska (Bart Hawk) and Stanislaus Drozdowski – Blackhawk (Polish)

Beata Dubiel – Marvel universe (Polish)

Erik Lehnsherr – Marvel universe (in some versions Polish)

Simon Hall – Marvel universe (uncertain ,probably Polish)

Gustav Krueger -Marvel universe (Polish, born in Wrocław)

Viktor Borkowski – Marvel universe (Polish)

Sally Juspeczyk – Watchmen (Polish)

Laurie Juspeczyk – Watchmen (Polish)

Dennis Golembuski – Marvel universe (Polish)

Prodigy – Alpha Flight (Polish)

Radek – Marvel universe (Polish)

Władysław Szyński – Marvel universe (Polish)

Baron Povalski – DC universe (Polish)

Kraklov – DC universe (Polish)

Ok ,all character below are Polish.

Thomas Banacek

Jeff Lebowski and Walter Sobchak

Katherine Pulaski – Star Trek

Charles Kawalsky – Stargate

Andy Sipowicz – NYPD Blue

Carolyn Barek – Law & Order

Victoria Warshawski – V.I. Warshawski

Jan “Ender” Wieczorek – Ender’s Game

Guys ,its hard for me to search for other characters ,please upload some of your own nationality.

Anonymous

Barbara Koperski – Barb Wire (Polish)

Anonymous

Ah, Rainbow Six. I played that :) But adding Rakuzanka and Novikov, you forgot about Genedy Filatov, who was also Russian.

Anonymous

Fun and interesting topic, GolemyGniew! I have one to add here. Also, every Slav-American I know has at least one “Walter” in their family. :D

Stanislav Ianevski as “Viktor Krum” – Harry Potter

Viktor Krum (Bulgarian: Виктор Крум) was a Bulgarian wizard. He attended the Durmstrang Institute, and was also the Seeker for the Bulgarian National Quidditch team. Krum was Hermione Granger’s love interest in “Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.”

“He’s unbelievable. He’s really young too. Only just eighteen or something. He’s a genius, you wait until tonight, you’ll see.”
    —Ron Weasley about Viktor Krum

Anonymous

I knew that I “forgot” this Russian from RS but I didnt wanted to put everything myself.
    Krum! Right ,how could I forget!
    I think that when we all will start to put all those characters here ,we’ll have once or twice this feeling of obviousness that we missed. Any more fictional Slavs that I dont remember right now? Well I remember that there was a scandal with using Polish White Eagle as a symbol of nazi-like terrorist group in Bionic Commando game. Were they Polish? I hope Japs simply made some horrible mistake.

Anonymous

I haven’t played Bionic Commando, so I don’t know about it.

However here is:

Max Lewicki (Perception)

In one episode he tells that his parents migrated from Poland to U.S. :D

Anonymous

LOL Gaius! :D African-Slavs? I’ve never met one, but I guess they do exist in the modern world. I think everyone I know would laugh, or be confused, if they saw a black person here eating pierogi and dancing the polka. The black people I know would be laughing, too, to be honest! :D

Anonymous

There is one option – he could be adopted. However, I doubt it and I assume, that some people who wrote a scenario do not know much about Europe ;)

Anonymous

In one of the “Greys anathomy” (horribly stupid ,politically correct trash) episodes the Japanese doctor claims that her grandparents were in Auschwitz. Screenwriter probably don’t know that Japanese were part of the axis and some of them even served in German army. Ok ,guys upload other characters. Szekspir add this guy from RS for example.

Anonymous

Colonel Doctor Agent Irina Spalko (Ukrainian)- played by Cate Blanchett. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Olga Kurylenko often plays Slavic girls. May someone upload some characters played by her?

Anonymous

!!! STALKER GAME SPOILERS !!!

Strelok (Ukrainian) – S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Main character (player) in the game Shadow of Chernobyl, main antagonist in Clear Sky, present also in Call of Pripyat. In first part of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series he has an amnesia and the whole game is focused on main quest that appears on PDA he has (even though he doesn’t know it is not his) – “Kill Strelok”. In second part of series – Clear Sky – that is prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl, he tries to get into power plant and must be stopped. In last part – Call of Pripyat – he is helping the main character. If remains alive, he will get a job as a chief in newly created Scientific Institute that is focused on the Zone researches.

Major Degtyarev (Ukrainian) – S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Main character (player) in the game Call of Pripyat. Agent of Security Service of Ukraine (Sluzhba Bezpeky Ukrainy), who is sent to the Zone to investigate a catastrophy and has to work in cognito. After completing his mission he gets advance to the rank of Colonel.

In fact 99% of characters in the series are Slavic, probably all Ukrainians. 99% because there is an easter egg, and corpse of Gordon Freeman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.