• This topic has 10 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do we need a language that will be understandable by all Slavs. Interslavic language or Междусловјански језик might be the answer to that question. Easy to learn, 7 days learning period for Slavic speakers and 30 days learning period for Non-Slavic speakers. Based on words and grammar from all slavic speaking countries equally, both in cyrilic and latin form.

Link to the web site for full information: http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/index.html

Sample text:

Cyrilic

Отче наш
    Отче наш, кторы јеси в небесах,
    нехај свети се име Твоје.
    Нехај пријде кралевство Твоје,
    нехај буде вольа Твоја, како в небе тако и на земји.
    Хлеб наш всьакоденны дај нам днес,
    и одпусти нам наше грехи,
    тако како мы одпушчајемо нашим грешникам.
    И не введи нас в покушенје,
    але избави нас од злого.
    Ибо Твоје је кралевство и моч и слава, на веки.
    Амин.

Latin

Otče naš
    Otče naš, ktory jesi v nebesah,
    nehaj svęti sę imę Tvoje.
    Nehaj prijde krålevstvo Tvoje,
    nehaj bųde volja Tvoja, kako v nebě tako i na zemji.
    Hlěb naš vsjakodenny daj nam dneś,
    i odpusti nam naše grěhi,
    tako kako my odpušćajemo našim grěšnikam.
    I ne vvedi nas v pokušeńje,
    ale izbavi nas od zlogo.
    Ibo Tvoje je krålevstvo i moć i slava, na věki.
    Amin.

What are your toughts regarding mutual language as an internationally used by all Slavs and Non-Slavs to easier mutual understanding.

Anonymous

There's a thread on Slavorum in which you can dorazumevati na medžuslovjanskom jezyke  : http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3751.0

Anonymous

I can see it now, was looking for Interslavic on the forum and i couldn't find. I apologize if this is a double thread. I would like to hear the opinions of other Sslavs regarding the language and i will definitely write in Interslavic on your thread Sviatogor. Thank you for the link.

As for other readers please give your opinion about the langugage, would you learn it? If yes, will you encourage other Slavs/non Slavs to learn it and if not, why?

Anonymous

I learned it and it helped me :)

Anonymous

It would probably be a very unique and cool asset to possess…to speak interslavic. Basically in any Slavic country they would understand you with no problem (both old and young) and you would be kinda cool. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It would probably be a very unique and cool asset to possess…to speak interslavic. Basically in any Slavic country they would understand you with no problem (both old and young) and you would be kinda cool. :)

I'm Polish and I talked with no problem with Ukrainians ,Slovakians ,and Czechs. I also understand in contest every single word in Serbian songs like my favourite "Oj ruzice" (first I've thought its "oj rodzice" but after I while I realized its "oj różyczko" (oh rosie).
    From what I recall there were some attempts to create such language before ,like Slavio (as I recall) criticised for its russian-centrism. I prefer to learn actual language than learn artificial ones. Now I'm considering Slovakian cause its the closest one to Polish. Actually there is not much for me to learn.

Anonymous

it is here from 17 century, long before Slåvio.

Anonymous

It is handy tool when considering interslavic contact (I for one understood every word in that text :) ), but don't you guys think that if such language were learned that our native languages would start being impacted and even start disappearing?

It would make sense if Slavia was created between all Slavic states, but it won't.
    Still, it would be super handy to know this language if you travel throughout Slavic countries countries.
    Of course, others would have to learn it to. :)

But like GolemyGniew said, interslavic communication is already possible. I communicate with Ukrainians and Slovaks without problems, and with Czechs also quite well (though indeed, some words they use are quite different from ours and sometimes it leads to hilarious situations, hehehe), since Slavic languages are closer to each other than say, Germanic ones are.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm Polish and I talked with no problem with Ukrainians ,Slovakians ,and Czechs. I also understand in contest every single word in Serbian songs like my favourite "Oj ruzice" (first I've thought its "oj rodzice" but after I while I realized its "oj różyczko" (oh rosie).

You're lucky then, however still majority of population can't even understand the same language just on a different dialect. I know for example how Croatian islanders can't understand Croatian Zagorians from bednje town and many similar examples.

Anonymous

I used to learn russian in school. It helped me a lot i think, if i read or hear someone speak russian i understand 80%, but i can't speak it myself because i had no one to practise with. So i think having courses for interslavic could be easier for people to understand each other.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is handy tool when considering interslavic contact (I for one understood every word in that text :) ), but don't you guys think that if such language were learned that our native languages would start being impacted and even start disappearing?

It would make sense if Slavia was created between all Slavic states, but it won't.
    Still, it would be super handy to know this language if you travel throughout Slavic countries countries.
    Of course, others would have to learn it to. :)

But like GolemyGniew said, interslavic communication is already possible. I communicate with Ukrainians and Slovaks without problems, and with Czechs also quite well (though indeed, some words they use are quite different from ours and sometimes it leads to hilarious situations, hehehe), since Slavic languages are closer to each other than say, Germanic ones are.

No, I don't really think any kind of Interslavic, when it would be taught broadly across the Slavic territorium, would endanger national languages. Look at High German and local German dialects. After two or so centuries of its spoken existence (it was mainly a written language before that), the German dialects are still very strong. Also, Slavs are generally too big of nationalists to even give up on their language.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No, I don't really think any kind of Interslavic, when it would be taught broadly across the Slavic territorium, would endanger national languages. Look at High German and local German dialects. After two or so centuries of its spoken existence (it was mainly a written language before that), the German dialects are still very strong. Also, Slavs are generally too big of nationalists to even give up on their language.

Good example with the German dialects. I stand corrected.

Anonymous
    Quote:

What he said.

Anonymous

Never heard about this language before.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Never heard about this language before.

Thanks for info.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.