• This topic has 7 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My grandmother from Slovakia used to warn me about stepping in my dog’s droppings…called them “gunzik”??? I have no idea how to spell it and wondering what it actually means. Anybody help? I apologize for lack of details.

Anonymous

Hi. I’m Slovak but I have no idea. There are infinite ways to call dog’s droppings.

Anonymous

Hi, I’m not Slovak but perhaps its suppose to be guznik, because the way you spelled it has to do something with gunz n’ shiet :# :#

Anonymous

In Belarusian shit is ‘hovno’. But ‘pod-h(g)uznik is a kind of diaper placed under baby’s bottom. Pod -h(g)uznik.

Anonymous

In Slovakia to children they would say Kaka usually. Hovno is also a word for shit in Slovak but never heard it said to children. I was 5 years old when I lived in Slovakia so I still remeber being told not to step in dog crap or touch stuff that was dirty. Usually old babkas just told me “fujjjj Kaka” and I knew not to step or touch dirty things  :D

Anonymous

Maybe his grandmother was from Eastern Slovakia and/or Rusyn? Maybe guznik means poo-poo in Rusyn?  My Ukrainian grandfather used to say to me in the morning something that sounded like “Ubirausa!” (spelling?). What the heck is that word?

Anonymous

@Karpivna 

Ukrainian grandfather used to say to me in the morning something that sounded like “Ubirausa!” (spelling?). What the heck is that word?

But you know that word now, right?

Anonymous

@”Kapitán Denis” No, I don’t know that word. 

Anonymous

@Karpivna Well I don’t know for sure but I bet it’s the same as Slovak “preberaj sa”, which means “wake up”.
    We also use “uberaj sa” but it means something like “go”.

Anonymous

@karpivna Ive heard that word before in Russian, I think it means to change your clothes, but I coul be wrong…

Anonymous

no idea, although what Shaokang said came to my mind too.
    I googled it a bit and apparently there is Gundzík surname, of course in the East.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.