• This topic has 4 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I want to know about the Slovak's siituation in this state and at that time. Please give me exact facts and no things like "The Czechs wanted to czechisize the Slovaks" or even "The Czechs treated the Slovaks bad" etc. Those aren't exact informations but childish comments. We know those things. So to start, lets give some questions:

Which language slovak children learned in school?

Was the standard slovak language already common amongst most of the Slovaks?

Bonus off-topic question: Which relationships did the Sudeten Germans and carpathian Germans have with the Slovaks?

Those are just questions for beginning this topic. Economical and political facts and so on would be also interesting.

Anonymous

1. well they were learning literary slovak language. that doesnt mean they learned it. if so, they probably used it only in official sphere (and sometimes not even there) and in contact with people from different parts of the country. even generation born after 1st czsk republic ceased to exist couldnt handle official language properly  :)  (similar situation as in old hungary, where people in whole regions couldnt say a word in official language)

2. as the 1st point implies, no, it just couldnt be.

3. sudeten germans lived in bohemia and moravia, so hardly any relations there. relations with carpathian germans werent bad (thats certain), i would say they were good at least in eastern slovakia. there were strong cultural contacts.

4. economical facts? in comparison with bohemia and moravia it was the barefooted and emptyhanded part of republic.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Slovak.

Quote:

Standardised Slovak was codified in 1844 but it was in use mostly among writers. Common people were still speaking dialects and knowledge of standardised Slovak was probably not high.

Quote:
    Bonus off-topic question: Which relationships did the Sudeten Germans and carpathian Germans have with the Slovaks?

Sudeten Germans had no relations to Slovaks as they were living in different part of Czechoslovakia. If you mean political relations they were mostly neutral.

Carpathian Germans had mostly good relations with Slovaks. There were no big problems at last.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Slovak. But my traditional pesimism (haha), Czechs published new Slovak Spelling Rules with lots of Czechized words, and this was taught in schools. It never worked though >.<

Quote:

Hard to say, even nowaday lots of Slovaks prefer speaking in their dialects, mostly in Eastern Slovakia and maybe in Záhorie. And I'm not an exception, I speak some words in Detva dialect :) (sú = sa, štyri = šťiri, de/te/ne/le = ďe/ťe/ňe/ľe, di/ti/ni/li = ďi/ťi/ňi/ľi, také/pekné = takô/peknô (sing.), takie/peknie (pl.), etc.)
    But that days, probably yes. MOST of Slovaks. But they probably prefered speaking in their local dialect anyway.

Quote:

I don't know, I never paid attention to this relationship. Sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • 'las
  • Nexius
  • Tujev