• This topic has 7 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Slovenia pulled off one of the biggest upsets of PyeongChang 2018 thus far, rallying to defeat the United States 3-2 in overtime during the men’s hockey opener.

Jan Mursak scored his second goal of the game 38 seconds into overtime.

More to come.

Anonymous

No one expected this kind of showing from Slovenia, which looked overmatched in the first two periods and is mostly known for having a star in Los Angeles Kings captain Anze Kopitar. There was no Kopitar — this is the first Olympics since 1994 without NHL players — but still the same pluck and no-quit attitude that helped the Slovenians beat rival Slovakia in Sochi for one of the biggest victories in national history.

Slovenia added another by upsetting the U.S. and gets the Russians next.

“I’m proud of my guys,” Mursak said. “I’m proud of the team and hopefully we can start looking to the next game and surprise somebody else.”

The Americans didn’t expect to be surprised by much but go back to the drawing board to prepare to face Slovakia on Friday.

Anonymous

Congrats slovenia! and Slovakia beat Russia!

Anonymous

Hockey and Ice Skating are my favorite Winter Olympic sports to watch. 

My favorite women’s skater is Alina Zagitova/Russia. Only 15 years old! I predict she wins Gold in the Ladies Single Free Skating.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28kN3YvbUjk

Anonymous

The Americans didn’t expect to be surprised by much but go back to the drawing board to prepare to face Slovakia on Friday.

I imagine some of them be like “Are we playing against the same country again?!”

Anonymous

@Karpivna We felt sorry for your bad start, so we let you win this time.
    Intentionally…

httpscdnshopifycomsfiles108918314productsPoker_Face_Die_C_4fedc859b8b66_largejpegv1459067191

Anonymous

…and tomorrow/today Slovakia will stand against Slovenia. Might be interesting match as both teams show some surprising results. 
    Anyway, i´ll bet western world will get confused who´s standing against who LOL

Anonymous

Slovenia really left a scar on the Yankees, they’re seeing it everywhere now:

Anonymous

Russia v USA 4:0
    Slovenia v Slovakia 3:2

Russia and Czech  republic (Group A)have progressed into 1/4 finals. Slovenia, Slovakia, USA to participate in play-offs to gain place in 1/4 finals.

Anonymous

@Sviatogor 
    One little correction: Olympic athletes from Russia. :D

Anonymous

Czech Republic bet USA making into semis.  It looks as OAR is going to semis too. Second period OAR v. Norway 5:1

Edit . OAR  v Norway 6:1. OAR is in semis. OAR! :D

Anonymous

Russians won the final. Oh! Olympic Athletes of Russia. :)

Anonymous

@Sviatogor
    They weren’t allowed to represent their country under Russian flag because of that anti-doping travestry?

Anonymous

@Shaokang

Russians don’t take more drugs than athletes from other countries. It’s mostly due to politics. Russian top athletes were banned from participating. Even those athletes who were never tested negative. It’s politics.

Anonymous

Russians don’t take more drugs than athletes from other countries. It’s politics.

@Sviatogor is a Belarusian and he has a Stockholm syndrome. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • Fia
  • Симеон
  • Australian Santa
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Das Rheinenfuchs