• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Everyone's making some threads about Slavic military, so I thought "hey, what the hell, let's do one about our lads". So, here're some pics and videos of the Slovene Honor Guard or Častna straža as it is called here.

Their early uniforms, which aren't in use anymore …

The former and the current president inspecting the Guard

[img width=700 height=457]http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20130624/Delo_Foto-20130624183456-31675700.jpeg?rev=0″/>
    They also guard the place where the president works, let's call it a "palace" …

… and show of on holidays.

Winter uniform

SHOW PROGRAM GARDNE ENOTE

Slovenska Garda

Anonymous

The boots are terrible,it's like someone equipped them to go shovel manure.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Slovene Honor Guard or Častna straža as it is called here.

Exactly. I didn't knew its garda now. Sounds odd. 😮 Otherwise am more used to earler uniforms. Not saying which of these are better but i grew up when they had those sand uniforms. :D I am unsure how i would change them but i know at least for winter season the guardsmen with polhovke would look quite cool and special. So we could advertise them like British do with those bear hat guards. 8)

Anonymous

Nice thread,  Štajerc!  :)  I love military uniforms, history, museums and especially ceremonial guard unit performances. The second video was just great.  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The boots are terrible,it's like someone equipped them to go shovel manure.

What can you do? They don't look so bad to me. :)

Quote:
    Exactly. I didn't knew its garda now. Sounds odd. 😮 Otherwise am more used to earler uniforms. Not saying which of these are better but i grew up when they had those sand uniforms. :D I am unsure how i would change them but i know at least for winter season the guardsmen with polhovke would look quite cool and special. So we could advertise them like British do with those bear hat guards. 8)

I don't know, I was too young to see or remember the early uniform. Do you perhaps know until which year they were wearing them? The old uniform looks better to me, but I'd replace the berets with hats. Looks more official. Povhovka is acually a great idea – that'd pop up the winter uniform a bit. And I'd also add some bigger and shinier epuletes on the shoulders. ;D

Quote:
    Nice thread,  Štajerc!  :)  I love military uniforms, history, museums and especially ceremonial guard unit performances. The second video was just great.  :)

Thank you, I'm having a hard time finding good videos. Sadly I couldn't find any from a national holiday like dan državnosti or so. They usually work great on such ocassions. The unit is actually the size of a platoon or perhaps not even that although it is officially called a company. But hey, the whole army is about 7600 men with less than 200 reserve, so … :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • Nefario
  • кошка
  • jorgos
  • some slavic guy...
  • Piachu