• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Prior to 1951, the official handbook stated that each color corresponded to a particular continent: blue for Europe, yellow for Asia, black for Africa, green for Australia and Oceania and red for the Americas; this was removed because there was no evidence that Coubertin had intended it.

And yes, the fifth circle wasn't opened.  ;D

How symbolic. So, the opening ceremony has already passed. Did anybody watch it? If yes, what do you think?

Anonymous

haha :D funny stuff

Olympic ring fail at Sochi 2014 opening ceremony

It's kind of funny…back in 90's there was an Euro-song to be hosted in Croatia…as in any Slavic country, something went wrong :D whole stage and everything was shut-down due to some electricity malfunction and whole of Europe was watching ;D

Anonymous

as in any Slavic country, something went wrong

;D well said.

Thanks, Pentaz, I actually thought to make a new topic too.  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
      ;D well said.

Thanks, Pentaz, I actually thought to make a new topic too.  :)

Did you go in Sochi Slavyanka? :D

Anonymous

I watched the opening and I was pretty impressed. It was a great show. I really enjoyed the storytelling of the Russian history.

I also expected a bit more Russian music in the background, something else than "They're not gonna get us" remix, but it was okay, the message is gotten. :D

Quote:
    It's kind of funny…back in 90's there was an Euro-song to be hosted in Croatia…as in any Slavic country, something went wrong :D whole stage and everything was shut-down due to some electricity malfunction and whole of Europe was watching ;D

If the ceremony was held in Macedonia, four out of the five rings would have failed. ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Did you go in Sochi Slavyanka? :D

No, it's better to watch it at home. Dom mily dom.  ;)

I also expected a bit more Russian music in the background, something else than "They're not gonna get us" remix, but it was okay, the message is gotten.

The most I liked was song at the very beginning from Knyaz Igor opera "Улетай на крыльях ветра" и "Кострома" by the band Ivan Kupalo. They are really cool.

If the ceremony was held in Macedonia, four out of the five rings would have failed. ;D

haha ;D

Anonymous

It was great performance of the Russian national anthem – it's probably most powerful anthem in the World, along with Italian. Perhaps it seemed too long (they sang all three parts, about 5 – 6 minutes), but I enjoyed all of it, humming myself: Славься, страна! Мы гордимся тобой! Great!

The three giant mascottes reminded me on 1980. Olympics when they let Mishka into the skies on closing ceremony, when I myself couldn't keep the tears; later I showed those records on You Tube to my daughter – now got the problem: must find Mishka (the real one, from 1980.) somehow/somewhere, otherwise she'd never forgive me.

Also good choice of flame – carriers, great they remembered Teryeshkova and Mihalkov. All the respect to Tretyak, still think Zajtsev should stay along with Rodnina – I know they divorced etc. but for this occasion it would be best fit. Pardon me, I don't know – is he alive?

Anonymous

I've seen German diplomats came to provoke Russian internal affairs by being dressed in rainbow colors etc… during the display of Russian history in Sochi opening you should have played the fall of Berlin to provoke back :D

Anonymous

это все фигня, я был в Сочи на последних 4-х днях Олимиады , что я видел: довольные иностранные болельщики, триумф сборной России

Anonymous

давайте говорить не  на английском, а на славянских языках
    что за славянский форум на английском ?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    давайте говорить не  на английском, а на славянских языках
    что за славянский форум на английском ?

Мы не можем говорить каждый на своём языке. Многие не поймут русский, а мы не совсем поймём какой-нибудь другой язык.

Btw, the closing ceremony was even better than the openning one :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.