• This topic has 25 voices and 37 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

In light of this constant Chechen problem, what you think is best solution in long term for Russia?

Anonymous

Well Chechenya no matter their race as any other nation on this earth has the right to live freely. But their Islamic extremism and terrorism, and worst of all killing innocent civilians is the most cowardly way to achieve that. I have respect for terrorist organizations that fight for independence of their countries, as  IRA on example….they only and mostly had tasks which targeted English soldiers, so that's the way you do it. For killing innocent civilians they don't deserve anything good in return…

but i support the thing that they should live freely and not under Russian imperialism, everybody should have that option to govern themselves and decide for their own people so should they.

Anonymous

Independence is what they want so they can make new Afghanistan or something similar.
    No way, the only solution i that Russia shows some teeth but all is in the money right now. :(
    If they finish with those islamist in their backyard then they risk to lose "good relations" with islamic states i the south.
    F..k modern politics!

Anonymous

First of all let me say that I have a pessimistic view of life and mankind. I think that a harsher policy toward the Chechens is useless. They want to be independent and they want until they have fulfilled their purpose. If Russia does not want to lose that territory they must proceed with extreme measures.

Anonymous

I voted final solution. I think that explains all :)

Anonymous

Just give it independence. I mean maybe they are terrorists and as such don't deserve their own country, but why does Russia need it at all?

Anonymous

Well, considering Chechnya as a part of the Russian Federation, it is not under it's own rule, therefore people that will fight for the freedom of their own nation will be active in the near future with no doubt. The question is what happens if they become independent ? As you all probably know Russia is one of the most multicultural modern day states ( racially, religiously and by the sense of belonging to a certain nation ), and if one part of that enormous country separates from it, you'll have a chain reaction and all of the sudden everyone will ask for independence. The other thing is what will happen to a new formed Chechen state, will it become a base for many criminals ? Most certainly yes. Chechen warlords that don't care about their own people's lives now won't certainly care when Russia leaves them alone and they'll be able to do what ever they like. I have absolutely no doubt that they will do everything for profit including drug, weapon and even slave dealing. Besides, Chechen terrorists aren't even stopping before children which they proved during the Beslan hostage situation. That is why I think that russian harsher military, political and economy control of the region is necessary. Russia needs to do everything possible to destroy the Chechen terrorist organization.

Quote:
    Just give it independence. I mean maybe they are terrorists and as such don't deserve their own country, but why does Russia need it at all?

Does Serbia need Kosovo?

Anonymous

Nicely said Jelen.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Does Serbia need Kosovo?

Yes.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, considering Chechnya as a part of the Russian Federation, it is not under it's own rule, therefore people that will fight for the freedom of their own nation will be active in the near future with no doubt. The question is what happens if they become independent ? As you all probably know Russia is one of the most multicultural modern day states ( racially, religiously and by the sense of belonging to a certain nation ), and if one part of that enormous country separates from it, you'll have a chain reaction and all of the sudden everyone will ask for independence. The other thing is what will happen to a new formed Chechen state, will it become a base for many criminals ? Most certainly yes. Chechen warlords that don't care about their own people's lives now won't certainly care when Russia leaves them alone and they'll be able to do what ever they like. I have absolutely no doubt that they will do everything for profit including drug, weapon and even slave dealing. Besides, Chechen terrorists aren't even stopping before children which they proved during the Beslan hostage situation. That is why I think that russian harsher military, political and economy control of the region is necessary. Russia needs to do everything possible to destroy the Chechen terrorist organization.

Chechnya will not survive without Russia, because curently Russia donates Chechnya many money. Simply people from Chechnya don't want independence. Terrorists are not representative of Chechnya population, they are marginals.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Chechnya will not survive without Russia, because curently Russia donates Chechnya many money. Simply people from Chechnya don't want independence. Terrorists are not representative of Chechnya population, they are marginals.

I didn't know this. But still, why does Russia need it? Why doesn't Russia simply call the UN to take control in Chechnya and then Russia would be rid of terrorists, and normal Chechens would be protected from terrorists by the UN as well.

Anonymous

I voted for independence for those monkeys, but "Final solution"  is the best solution of this problem at the distant future :)

Anonymous

Chechenya was never independent.I personaly consider it part of Russia.However, the solution is either Lesser Russian military/police control or Final solution.I personaly would say the first (i don't think that final solution is a kind of solution since i am not admirer of Hitler).

Anonymous

Chechenya should not be independent… It would be a solution for Russians to a little bit lighten on them, but guess what happen if this territroy gains independence… A lot of new country would born… No… We need a powerful Russia, even if ukranians or others not like this idea… A Big and Strong Russia is one of the 3 concrete of the Slavic Union, like it or not… Deal with it…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    …but why does Russia need it at all?

Russia needs Chechnya, because Chechnya is located near a key geographical feature, the Caucus Mountains. This range is Russia's main security in the region, since it is hard to invade over mountains. Mountain also often contain deposits of raw materials. This is why the Russian Empire pushed its borders down to this region and why the USSR absorbed the Caucus States. It's classic geopolitics and strategy. The core of Russia is relatively open and that is why they always pushed their borders as far away from Moscow as possible. Sadly, this often came at the expense other fellow Slavic nations.

Not to go on a huge ramble here, but the East Bloc was another move in this strategy. The Warsaw Pact was a buffer region between the heart of Russia (the default controller of the USSR) and Western Europe.

So, YES, Russia does need Chechnya. It's about geography. No one wants idiot extremists living in their nation, but it just so happens that these extremists live on a strategically valuable piece of land. If Chechnya were to break free, the entire region would be ripe for fragmentation as there are many different semi-autonomous republics there. Ossetia being one and tension over this led to 5 days of fighting in the late summer of 2008.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • Glockamole
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)