• This topic has 4 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

First of all, this is not personal feud, or anything personal. I just wished to answer on two statements. I am not suggesting Štajerc to reconsider his outlook of History or anything similar. :)
    I also did not wish to continue off-topic in your thread. I am sorry for participating in that topic for start.
    First:

Quote:
    Vojvodina wasn't in that time even part of Serbia as it was gained in 1919 just like Prekmurje.

National boards of Bačka, Baranja and Banat declared unification with Serbia 25th of November 1918. Serbian army was controlling line Timisoara-Arad-Szeged-Subotica-Baja allready before 15th of November. There was nothing to be gained in 1919.
    Second:

Quote:
    Anton Korošec is also a person we're mostly not really proud about.

I am not Slovene, so I could not enter in such discussions. I just pointed out that he was part of Government, and also, he was leader of strongest Slovene party. That was my point nothing else.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Anton Korošec is also a person we're mostly not really proud about.

First time i hear this. :)

Anonymous

I don't wanna start again with THAT. It depends on what history teacher you had in 9th grade. :P She made quite reasonable arguments.

Btw, Povhec, please add some stuff you think we're famous for. I bet you got some interesting stuff hidden! ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    First time i hear this. :)

Anton Korošec was bad, for he was a perpetual [size=2pt]Serb lover[/size]  😮

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't wanna start again with THAT. It depends on what history teacher you had in 9th grade. :P She made quite reasonable arguments.

I won't hold anything against you but i just wanna know what did she say?

Anonymous

Well, she sayd he was more interested in his career and was buyable. Centralists could "buy" him with giving him positions in the government. Like being the School minister and stuff like that. He wasn't that interested in what's best for the nation. At least that's what she has told us. I'd say she is mostly right. Similar things can be  seen in todays policy and elsewhere.

Anonymous

First of all I thank you for this. I am not angry as I don't see why neither Iam ofended by it. Maybe I am wrong but I was told in school Kingdom of Yugoslavia got Vojvodina and Prekmurje in 1919 for helping suffocating a communist uprising  in Hungary. I don't know diferent. Anton Korošec (so was I told) was often "bought" by government fractions with offering him a place in the government. The government was often centralistic which was opposed by Slovene and Croatian partys. Korošec as the leader of the biggest Slovene party could make some s***. But not if being part of that government. That's why some don't like him.
    That is mostly all I know without looking in a book.  :)

Quote:
    I also did not wish to continue off-topic in your thread. I am sorry for participating in that topic for start.

I don't see why you should be sorry for participating in the thread? You originally just asked about a song/poem, we made our point and you yours. Then the whole thing escalated and turned into a minor conflict which I wish never happened. It seems we're both temperamental. ;) I am sorry if I insulted you in any way.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, she sayd he was more interested in his career and was buyable. Centralists could "buy" him with giving him positions in the government. Like being the School minister and stuff like that. He wasn't that interested in what's best for the nation. At least that's what she has told us. I'd say she is mostly right. Similar things can be  seen in todays policy and elsewhere.

It is possible. However as in many other things this can also be an issue of interpretation. One can see his actions pure political opportunism while other could see this as clever political strategy.

Parties and their leaders switching sides and abandoning certain elements of their programs in order to promote better other elements is nothing realy special in political world. Personally i think federalism and strong regionalism just wasn't viable at that time. The entire state was in big political chaos there were many problems and as i say perhaps at that time it was better that state was more centralist than federalist despite the fact that i am supporter of strong regionalism. But again ofc i could be wrong. :)

Anonymous

You see how it is in Slovenia. We are a small state but mostly everything is in Ljubljana and its surrounding. What about the rest of the state? It's got nothing to do with this here though. As I sayd some thing good about Korošec and some don't. With your words its a matter of interpretation. I personally don't. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You see how it is in Slovenia. We are a small state but mostly everything is in Ljubljana and its surrounding. What about the rest of the state?

That is why support regionalism.

Quote:
    With your words its a matter of interpretation.

Indeed. This especially goes for public schools where each teacher teaches pupils in a way how he sees (interprets) things. This is my observation when i was still in school. Naturally this doesn't mean i try to say that she is wrong i just think it is hard to tell it especially when it comes to political histories.

In any case even if Anton was selfish i think overall SHS and Kingdom of Yugoslavia (altho fairly centralist) was a milestone that was positive in Slovene history.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In any case even if Anton was selfish i think overall SHS and Kingdom of Yugoslavia (altho fairly centralist) was a milestone that was positive in Slovene history.

There is no doubt about it. But anyway, we all love most the state which is ours as a homeland. So do I.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.