• This topic has 6 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

This is not about understanding the language, but rather a test about how much of spoken Slovene can be "decoded" by those of you who never learned this language. Let me explain what I mean by that.

Spoken language sometimes sounds like a continuous stream rather than seperate words to a non-speaker. To "decode" it, the listener tries to segment this stream of gibberish into a sequence of individual words according to own perception. What you write doesn't have to make sense, words can be imaginary, so don't worry if it sounds funny. That's the point of the thread. ;D the Slovenians of this forum deserve a bit of fun, isn't that right?  :P

I have made a few snippets of speech and songs. Listen to it and write down the speech/lyrics as you hear it.
    You don't have to do all of them, you could pick just one.

– Speech:
    Speech

– Song 1:
    Song

– Song 2:
    Song 2

– Rap:
    Rap

Anonymous

I best understood song 2 and the rap.

Anonymous

I have only a very limited understanding. I understand Croatian Kajkavian far better as it can be considered a transitional dialect between Croatian and Slovene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ipIl0WvLk

^ How much of this can a Slovene understand? I assume nearly all of it as can I.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I have only a very limited understanding. I understand Croatian Kajkavian far better as it can be considered a transitional dialect between Croatian and Slovene.

No worries, in this thread understanding it doesn't matter. It's all about trying to type it for the lulz :D

Quote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ipIl0WvLk

^ How much of this can a Slovene understand? I assume nearly all of it as can I.

I can understand almost all of it, though the fact that I learned Štokavian (standard Croatian and Serbian) helps me somewhat in understanding it. Slovene speakers who never learned Štokavian will understand Kajkavian better than they will understand Štokavian though, but knowing Štokavian adds the "missing piece" in understanding Kajkavian. As you said, it could be considered as a transitional dialect.

Anonymous

Seems like noone wants to cooperate, so far…  :( Sad, it's a great idea and could make me really laugh, though…  :)

Go on, fellows!!! Write it down! >:(

Anonymous

Hey i understood all of it! :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hey i understood all of it! :D

Gratulations! Now you can work all over Slovenia (if you find a job). :) Anyway, how do you stand now? Everything alright?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Anyway, how do you stand now? Everything alright?

I am alright but i need to get rid of some habits. This is main issue in my life currently. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am alright but i need to get rid of some habits. This is main issue in my life currently. :)

It's New Year time, so make a "zaobljuba" but stick to it for a difference, as people often forget what they have promissed themselves on New Years eave. :) Good luck with it.

Anonymous

Come on people! Don't be shy, give it a try  :D

Anonymous

First song is about bar fight, gypsy and something about 400 dinars.
    Second about love, passion, wishes, sailor, askings, gentle touch etc.  <br /:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” />
    Rap is less decodable, but I have problems to decode Serbian rap as well ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    First song is about bar fight, gypsy and something about 400 dinars.
    Second about love, passion, wishes, sailor, askings, gentle touch etc.  <br /:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” />
    Rap is less decodable, but I have problems to decode Serbian rap as well ;D

Like which one?

Anonymous

Gru, Skaj Vikler, Ajs Nigrutin, šta god.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Gru, Skaj Vikler, Ajs Nigrutin, šta god.  ;D

Možda jer pričaju nepovezane gluposti u većini spevova  ;D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • kony97