• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Stalin wanted to turn Moscow city into an 8th Wonder of the World, thus he was planning on constructing some buildings that would look tremendous. Most of his dreams have not come true, Moscow hasn’t become a World’s Wonder and the buildings were left just on paper, probably because of WW2 was taking place and then the country was recovering from its consequences. Still the designs are fun to look

Moscow could attract a lot more travelers if there was something like this built.

And a little Russian story about Stalin.

Stalin wanted Russian engineers to build a new army plane, with superior characteristics. He invited the main engineer, comrade Ivanov, to his office in Kremlin and ordered him to have the plane ready in two months. “But according to our secret service, it would take 1 year for Americans to build such a plane!” replied the engineer. For this Stalin said: “I can’t understand comrade Ivanov, are you an American?”. It has been said that after that the plane was built in time, after two months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvFy-2tB3w#

:)

Anonymous

Despite my hate of Stalin and Communism, I must say, Moscow would look awesome if it was built up like that.
    Something like Gothem was in those old Batman movies. ;D I always liked how it looked.

Anonymous

Despite that it reeks of Communism, the imagery and the idea itself is really awesome. Many contemporary cities are crowded and chaotic. Civilization lacks a greater vision. It's depressing in a way. Albert Speer drew up similar plans for Hitler for the latter's dream of building Berlin into "Welthauptstadt Germania." It is urban planning with a vengeance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Glockamole
  • kony97
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Fia
  • Tujev