• This topic has 6 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #344794

    Anonymous

    Please, spend 36 minutes to watch this movie – it's in Russian with Polish subtitles. I don't know if there is version with English subs – but picture are talking a lot.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7cWQ6a2tcI

    Movie talks how for decades Russian society was intoxicated in purpose. I think that this is not only concerned with Russia but also with Poland and other Slavic countries. Just look around you. Look on young people. Drinking become a "sport" for them. Ever hear about "beer bong"? It was exported form USA to Poland recently… Youth boast that they don't drink on bottles but whole shelfs. Even icon of this section (Lounge) is alcohol connected…

    I think that alcohol is a serious threat for Slavic countries…

    We are just like Indians in North America. Colonist trade with them paying with alcohol… destroying a great Indian nation. Today we are also in the same threat…

    To be totally honest with you – I don't drink alcohol from 1997 (when I was 16) and from 1999 I'm Straight Edge. So my opinion could be considered a bit radical… bot what YOU think about it?

    #405564

    Anonymous

    I almost never drink hard liqueur. Not my cup of tea but without beer, wine and such, now that is not possible for me to give up. Especially not beer. The thing is altho any alcohol is same thing i sincerely believe fermented drinks are less dangerous than distilled. Also it is stuff of habit. I will never drink alco during day time. No way i will not. And during the weeks i usually drink very rarely and even then its usually just 1 or 2 beers before bed time. I drink around 6-7 strong beers only during weekends and even the just one day in weekend.

    #405565

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    The thing is altho any alcohol is same thing i sincerely believe fermented drinks are less dangerous than distilled.

    You're wrong – in one beer is about 25 g of pure alcohol. And it works exactly the same way as distilled ETOH. People getting drunk  in most cases drinking beer. As in the movie was said – habit or "cultural drinking" is irrelevant. ETOH always works the same way.

    It's good to be aware of risk… even if you don't want to quit alcohol…

    Please tell me how it is in Slovenia? Youth drinking a lot? Do they consider it as a "sport". On the street, are there many intoxicated people visible? How is the law? Is it legal to drink on the street? How old you have to be to buy a alcohol?

    #405566

    Anonymous

    Quote:
    To be totally honest with you – I don't drink alcohol from 1997 (when I was 16) and from 1999 I'm Straight Edge. So my opinion could be considered a bit radical… bot what YOU think about it?

    According to data release by WHO not all Slavic countries are worst drinking offenders. French, Irish, Germans, Portuguese, Italians drink more than most Slavic countries. However, the stats released by WHO are misleading. The problem is not the amount of alcohol consumed per capita each year but rather the type of alcohol is consumed in large quantities. Strong liquor is popular in some Slavic countries which creates all kinds of problems to individuals and societies. Also, the consumption of alcohol is not evenly distributed across the population. Some people will never ever drink, while others drink spirits heavily every second day or so. This will bring the average amount of consumption of “pure alcohol” on par between societies preferring non-strong alcoholic drinks drunk frequently and those which prefer strong alcoholic drinks drunk less frequently. I think the consumption of strong alcohol is the main cause of many problems.

    Amount of alcohol consumed per capita per year (World Health Organisation)
    Slavic countries
    All alcoholic  drinks
    Czech Republic 14.97
    Croatia 12.61
    Slovenia 12.19
    Bulgaria 11.24
    Belarus 11.22
    Russia 11.03
    Slovakia 10.33
    Serbia 9.97
    BIH 9.63
    Poland 9.55
    Ukraine 8.10
    Macedonia 5.61

    Strong alcohol (spirits)
    BIH 7.08
    Russia 6.88
    Slovakia 5.40
    Ukraine 5.21
    Bulgaria 4.88
    Belarus 4.08
    Czech Rep 3.59
    Serbia 3.42
    Macedonia 2.08
    Croatia 1.91
    Poland 1.56
    Slovenia 1.33

    No data for Montenegro

    http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/msbgsruprofiles.pdf
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

    #405567

    Anonymous

    I don't drink alcohol that much. Last time I had any alcohol was a few months ago. But I don't see much of a problem with people drinking alcohol, as long as it's in moderation.

    #405568

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    You're wrong – in one beer is about 25 g of pure alcohol. And it works exactly the same way as distilled ETOH. People getting drunk  in most cases drinking beer. As in the movie was said – habit or "cultural drinking" is irrelevant. ETOH always works the same way.

    Yeah i know its intoxication in any case but most serious alco cases here are hard liqueur drinkers. Such usually end up homeless. This is what i meant. Maybe it is because it has high alco and you get hooked on it more quickly.

    Quote:
    It's good to be aware of risk… even if you don't want to quit alcohol…

    Please tell me how it is in Slovenia? Youth drinking a lot? Do they consider it as a "sport". On the street, are there many intoxicated people visible? How is the law? Is it legal to drink on the street? How old you have to be to buy a alcohol?

    During high school years there is lots of binge drinking, etc. but over time it mostly stops. During weekend there is youth drinking outside yes. Especially if there is some concert but now since crisis is here this has drooped dramatically. I remember before crisis our capital was swarmed by drunk people during the friday nights. Current situation is more thanks to the fact here people are cheap and if they have less money they will drink less. ;D So in this sense crisis is good. Alcohol consumption is big according to statistics but considering my family and relatives don't consume much i am surprised. In any case i agree with this documentary about stooping alcohol before getting a child. This i knew before and it is most important. :D

    #405569

    Anonymous

    In Poland prices of strong alcohol ale quite low and access to it is very wide. So drinking is a popular "sport":

    Beer Bong 2 na Ostróda Reggae Festiwal 2010

    ADAPT 2010 – Rudy & Beer Bong

    Daro wali z beer-bonga :-)

    Yes, in movie was told that France and other western countries consume great amount of alcohol. But I worry about Slavic countries. In Poland we have stereotype of Russian that drinks as hell. There is a lot of jokes about drinking Russians.

    In book "Dom nad Oniego" of Janusz Wilk is described how whole villages in Karelia fall into alcoholic hell…

    #405570

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Amount of alcohol consumed per capita per year (World Health Organisation)
    Slavic countries
    All alcoholic  drinks
    Czech Republic 14.97
    Croatia 12.61
    Slovenia 12.19
    Bulgaria 11.24
    Belarus 11.22
    Russia 11.03
    Slovakia 10.33
    Serbia 9.97
    BIH 9.63
    Poland 9.55
    Ukraine 8.10
    Macedonia 5.61

    Strong alcohol (spirits)
    BIH 7.08
    Russia 6.88
    Slovakia 5.40
    Ukraine 5.21
    Bulgaria 4.88
    Belarus 4.08
    Czech Rep 3.59
    Serbia 3.42
    Macedonia 2.08
    Croatia 1.91
    Poland 1.56
    Slovenia 1.33

    It is surprising that Russia doesn't even has so much alcohol consumption, lower than Czechs and us, but they have problems with alcoholism. I do think drinking habits have some role.

    Quote:
    In Poland prices of strong alcohol ale quite low and access to it is very wide. So drinking is a popular "sport":

    We don't have this kind of drinking style. :)

    #405571

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Amount of alcohol consumed per capita per year (World Health Organisation)
    Slavic countries
    All alcoholic  drinks
    Czech Republic 14.97
    Croatia 12.61
    Slovenia 12.19
    Bulgaria 11.24
    Belarus 11.22
    Russia 11.03
    Slovakia 10.33
    Serbia 9.97
    BIH 9.63
    Poland 9.55
    Ukraine 8.10
    Macedonia 5.61

    Strong alcohol (spirits)
    BIH 7.08
    Russia 6.88
    Slovakia 5.40
    Ukraine 5.21
    Bulgaria 4.88
    Belarus 4.08
    Czech Rep 3.59
    Serbia 3.42
    Macedonia 2.08
    Croatia 1.91
    Poland 1.56
    Slovenia 1.33

    Why is Bosnia near the bottom for all alcoholic drinks, but at the top for strong alcohol? Are spirits halal or something? ;D

    #405572

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is surprising that Russia doesn't even has so much alcohol consumption, lower than Czechs and us, but they have problems with alcoholism. I do think drinking habits have some role.

    AFAIK these statistics are made from amounts of sold alcohol. Guess that much of the Russian alcohol is home-made, thus not included in these statistics. The same goes to smuggled alcohol.

    And well, Poles probably also contribute to the high Czech alcohol consumption.

    #405573

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    AFAIK these statistics are made from amounts of sold alcohol. Guess that much of the Russian alcohol is home-made, thus not included in these statistics. The same goes to smuggled alcohol.

    And well, Poles probably also contribute to the high Czech alcohol consumption.

    So Poles go to Czechia just to buy alcohol?

    #405574

    Anonymous
    Quote:

    It is surprising that Russia doesn't even has so much alcohol consumption, lower than Czechs and us, but they have problems with alcoholism. I do think drinking habits have some role.

    It’s possible if one society has 20% of heavy drinkers of spirits, while other society has 80% of moderate drinkers of non-strong alcoholic drinks. The average numbers will favour the society with the heavy drinkers suffering from alcoholism.

    IMHO The problem is with the habbit of drinking strong alcoholic drinks which coupled with stereotyping. If French drink a lot alcohol in forms of wine, then it becomes a sophisticated culture for other nations to follow.

    #405575

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    So Poles go to Czechia just to buy alcohol?

    At least they were going some years ago, and I suppose they still do. I'm not sure about the price differences now, but then the Czech alcohol was very cheap. (recently the trade for sure decreased much, because of an alcohol poisoning in Czech Republic).

    #405576

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why is Bosnia near the bottom for all alcoholic drinks, but at the top for strong alcohol? Are spirits halal or something? ;D

    The question you will need to forward to the World Health Organisation that compiled the table.

    #405577

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why is Bosnia near the bottom for all alcoholic drinks, but at the top for strong alcohol? Are spirits halal or something? ;D

    I think you should know this. From Bosniaks in Slovenia i would say they drink rakia alot when going outside despite being muslims. XD Since rakia is considered "national" Bosnian stuff. But in any case Bosnia is full of Serbs and Croats who also consider rakia as their own.

    Yeah anyway among Slovenes hard liqueur used to be widespread but it is considered drunkards drink by broad society. At least here. And importance of wine in our culture is just to strong. I mean among the oldest known legal documents in Slovene language is law book regarding production and selling of wine. So go figure. ;D

    Quote:
    At least they were going some years ago, and I suppose they still do. I'm not sure about the price differences now, but then the Czech alcohol was very cheap. (recently the trade for sure decreased much, because of an alcohol poisoning in Czech Republic).

    It might contribute but do your think it is really so contributing to the standard of Czechia? Concerning Russia and home making. This is nothing special in Slovenia either. I mean we produce alot of home made cider, wine and liqueur. Practically almost every rural household makes its own alcohol not to mention there are also hobby alco makers in towns.

    Quote:
    It’s possible if one society has 20% of heavy drinkers of spirits, while other society has 80% of moderate drinkers of non-strong alcoholic drinks. The average numbers will favour the society with the heavy drinkers suffering from alcoholism.

    IMHO The problem is with the habbit of drinking strong alcoholic drinks which coupled with stereotyping. If French drink a lot alcohol in forms of wine, then it becomes a sophisticated culture for other nations to follow.

    I also think something like that. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • кошка
  • Tujev
  • GOGA
  • Glockamole
  • some slavic guy...