• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Many Russian sportsmen and sportswomen were band for taking illegal substances. Tennis Maria Sharapova was banned a while ago for taking  Meldonium. Meldonium is not performance athletic enhancer. But it was prohibited for unknown reason. It’s going to permitted  again.

===
    Meldonium (INN), trade-named as Mildronate among others, is a limited-market pharmaceutical, developed in 1970 by Ivars Kalviņš, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (USSR), and manufactured primarily by Grindeks of Latvia and several generic manufacturers. It is distributed in Eastern European countries as an anti-ischemia medication.[1]

Since 1 January 2016, it has been on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list of substances banned from use by athletes.[2] However, there are debates over its use as an athletic performance enhancer. Some athletes are known to have been using it before it was banned.
    ===

Maria Sharapova was banned  for testing positive for taking Meldonium during Australian Open. She received a letter that Meldonium is banned.
    But she didn’t read the letter as she receives  bags of letters. The fact that she didn’t read the letter does not excuse her.  I am biased. Maria has Belarusian ancestry from south-eastern Belarus.

Let’s look at tennis players.  Who do you think takes enhancing drugs Maria or Siriena?

Anonymous

That picture is crap. If both are tested for doping and one shows up positive for the drugs they’re testing then it doesn’t really matter what they look like. I hate seeing sports fans get so angry when their heroes turn out to be cheaters. People take sports way to seriously.

Anonymous

It is quite wrong they banned all Russian sportsmen in athletics (but not in other fields). Think of it my mate goes on juice and now i am banned from competing too? Crazy, Anyways for me taking roids (or something like that) or going to altitude chamber, they are all sort of “cheating”. From what i heard chambers increase your red blood cells and anabolic steroids increase testosterone.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Well they all use some shady methods to push their body to limits. Let’s just remember UFC Alister Overeem vs Brock Lesnar. I know it isn’t Olympics but the point is all of sports have become shady business. 

Anonymous

@Svevlad

Meldonium for which Sharapova was tested in not performance enhancing drug. It was always a permitted substance. The authorities banned it catching many sportment unaware. They are considering the permission of Meldonium once again.

Anonymous

The  concern of the Russian Olympic team is collective responsibility applied to them. Some sportsmen and sportswomen take performance enhancing substances. Not just Russian. In most cases only those  who took them would be banned from participating. In the case of Russia the entire athletic team was banned. Some athletes were always clean. It doesn’t even make sense to take enhancing substances for certain athletes such as pole volters. Two times Olympic Yelena Isinbaeva was going for her 3rd gold medal, if not for the ban. She has retired from the sport.

Here she makes an emotional speech in front of the Olympic team and the president of Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoAxl6N7G3c

Anonymous

Meldonium (INN), trade-named as Mildronate among others, is a limited-market pharmaceutical, developed in 1970 by Ivars Kalviņš, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (USSR), and manufactured primarily by Grindeks of Latvia and several generic manufacturers. It is distributed in Eastern European countries as an anti-ischemia medication.

Since 1 January 2016, it has been on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list of substances banned from use by athletes. However, there are debates over its use as an athletic performance enhancer. Some athletes are known to have been using it before it was banned.[3] It is currently unscheduled in the US.

Just because certain politicians decided to create a negative immage about Russia, the world has lost one of the better tennis players for 2 years.

On March 7, 2016, former world number one tennis player Maria Sharapova announced that she had failed a drug test in Australia due to the detection of meldonium. She said that she had been taking the drug for ten years for various health issues, and had not noticed that it had been banned. On June 8, 2016, she was suspended from playing tennis for two years by the International Tennis Federation (ITF).

Anonymous

Sviatogor I was referring to the image, not the legitimacy of the drug. 

Anonymous

Speaking of sport  ice-hockey teams of Belarus, Slovenia, Poland, Denmark participate in qualification for winter Olympic games. Both Slovenia and Belarus bet Denmark and Poland in their respective games. Now Belarus is facing Slovenia. Despite Belarus is ranked higher, Slovenia has kicked out Belarus in Olympic qualification once. It’d be a good game.

Anonymous

A hacking team ‘Fancy Bear’, probably from Russia, hacked WADA database twice obtaining sensitive data about many sportsmen. WADA confirmed their computer system were hacked.

I watched a show on where a known scholar with PhD in Medical Science was answering the questions about the effects the substances Williams brothers and other athletes were taking.

Three categories of substances that are prescribed for medical uses can also be used to enhance performance of athletes

1. Substances that promote the growth of muscles. Williams and black muscular American gymnast Simone Biles were taking it.
    2. Substance that are prescribed to asthmatic to dilate bronchia increasing the flow of oxygen into the lungs. Have you even noticed a large number of sportsmen diagnosed with asthmas particularly in biathlon and swimming?
    3. Substances that have psychological effects

Many of these substances are used in medical treatment. Some of the substances are so strong that are used treat people have serious health issues. But if these substances are prescribed by medical professionals, then they can  be used for therapeutical purposes. In this way, prohibited substances are permitted.

Anonymous

This really should come as no surprise to anyone who’s had even a cursory impression of international sports organizations. They naturally attract opportunistic scum of the worst kind. I would actually be surprised if they have prominent officers who are not crooks or sexual deviants, or a combination thereof.

Anonymous

> opportunistic scum of the worst kind

This.

I knew people who spent much time  and effort to make into state championships. Some sportsmen dedicate all their time and efforts  to make into Olympic team.  Some low scum from international sports organisations are taking that dream away from them. From  girls and guys who are innocent having not taken any illegal substances.

Yelena Isinbaeva her early 30s. She’s the best pole volter in the world having not been tested for any prohibited substance throughout her career. She doesn’t need to take them.   Some scum from WADA banned her and other sportsmen and sportswomen, just to smear Russia on international stage.  I posted a video above of Yelena getting emotional asking to defend athletes from injustice. She’s retired from sport now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Nefario
  • Tujev
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • kony97