• This topic has 7 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Many people think that C++ is just a superset of C, which is not true.
    C++ is strongly typed, object oriented language whereas C is more loosely typed with no built in support for the OO paradigm. You can usually tell what a snippet of C code would compile to. Good luck doing the same with C++.
    Dealing with identical problems requires different approach when using in C vs C++.
    For all intents and purposes C++ is a different language sharing some of the syntax and semantics of C.
    A true OO superset of C would be Objective C rather than C++.

Anonymous

C has structures, C++ has classes.

Anonymous

I like how they chose the name C++. It's like an increment of C. Although it's not really. Also, C# is like halftone above C. Isn't it cool? :D

Anonymous

This topic reminds me of this video. Together we'll discuss HTML and C++… :D

Britney Spears – Womanizer – Parody

Anonymous

You should check out D.

Anonymous

C++ can do what C cannot do since C++ understands the language of his predecessor. On the other hand Java (more object oriented) can do the same with C++ as C++ does with C. I am not IT guy but this is my understanding from what I have learned touching bases of all three.

Anonymous

That’s the compiler, and you still need to tell it it’s C code (because they’re processed differently). You can do more with C that you cannot do with C++ than vice versa.

On the other hand Java (more object oriented) can do the same with C++ as C++ does with C. I am not IT guy but this is my understanding from what I have learned touching bases of all three.

Java is slightly more consistent than C++ at being object oriented and even more limited in what you can do with it. Plust it’s clumsy because of all the qualifiers and.name.space.es.

Plus I made this topic to lampoon the other C vs C thread.

Anonymous

Oh yeah, totally forgot about it.

Anonymous

So slavic discussion

Anonymous

@Penkalo both languages have structs. C doesn’t have classes.
    @thecentre Wouldn’t hurt you not to revive topic that nearly ended in graveyard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.