• This topic has 19 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If the European Union collapses in the coming time. Would you embrace the building of an Eastern Union or Federation that would incorporate the following states:

[table]
    [tr]
    [td]Initiators: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia

[li]Slovenia, Croatia[/li]
      [li]Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bulgaria,
      BiH – if they build a sovereign government, else successor states*[/li]
      [li]Romania, Greece, Cyprus[/li]
      [li]Ukraine, Belarus – if interested*[/li]
      [li]… and others acceptable, capable and willing[/li]

[/td]
    [td]

[/td]
    [td]
    [img height=200]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7/theeasternunion.jpg”/>
    [/td][/tr]
    [/table]

This first Union/Federation could be influential enough not to fall under to great Russian influence, and hold it's weight if ever considering tighter bonds with the Russian Federation, which of course would be of interest. We wouldn't build an "iron curtain" towards our western neighbours, but our states would consolidate with each other on a higher level than now, "watching each others back" to put it simple.

[hr]

Or would you rather consider to strengthen bonds with western Europe, Germany and France, for better economical profit.

I ask this question because, personally I believe the "initiator states" listed above (Poland, Czech Rep., Slovakia) would rather pick the second choice, if they had to choose. I hope I am mistaken.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    If the European Union collapses in the coming time. Would you embrace the building of an Eastern Union or Federation that would incorporate the following states:

[table]
    [tr]
    [td]Initiators: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia

[li]Slovenia, Croatia[/li]
      [li]Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bulgaria,
      BiH –

if they build a sovereign government, else successor states*[/li]
    [li]Romania, Greece, Cyprus[/li]
    [li]Ukraine, Belarus – if interested*[/li]
    [li]… and others acceptable, capable and willing[/li]
    [/td]
    [td]

[/td]
    [td]
    [img height=200]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7/theeasternunion.jpg”/>
    [/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Thisfirst Union/Federation could be influential enough not to fall under to great Russian influence, and hold it's weight if ever considering tighter bonds with the Russian Federation, which of course would be of interest. We wouldn't build an "iron curtain" towards our western neighbours, but our states would consolidate with each other on a higher level than now, "watching each others back" to put it simple.

[hr]

Or would you rather consider to strengthen bonds with western Europe, Germany and France, for better economical profit.

I ask this question because, personally I believe the "initiator states" listed above (Poland, Czech Rep., Slovakia) would rather pick the second choice, if they had to choose. I hope I am mistaken.

Here in Hungary some believe that the old Warsaw States (Communist Block, expect the Soviet Union) would cooperate well, as an Eastern European Union. With a little trade agreement with Russia, I believe it would surely better, than this EU… We, Eastern Europeans would stand together, and not accept Russian hegemony, nor USA, and German, and Allied …

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We, Eastern Europeans would stand together, and not accept Russian hegemony, nor USA, and German, and Allied …

You're 100% correct for this is the will of our people… the problem is that the politicians don't give a shit about what the people really want and need, they just pretend that they care.

Anonymous

Once, I have been believed that western and eastern Europe can form strong federation as a counterweight to the US domination in the world with their own military organisation. Now I am sure that is nothing like that possible. We have been able to establish a culture of the same value like the western was, but it will never be respected because of simple reason. Our eastern dialects sound strange for the westerners. The cultural barrier is now much deeper than during the cold war, I think. We are for them just a cheap labour force. Maybe the things turn better in the future for both sides in Europe but if not, this  is the necessary solution.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We, Eastern Europeans would stand together, and not accept Russian hegemony, nor USA, and German, and Allied …

A good point!

Anonymous

It is definitely more realistic now than European Federation incorporating all Europe.

My opinion is that Western Europe in recent times is being so globalized, multiculturalized, politically-corrected and Americanized that it is harder and harder to recognize them are European ethnic nation states like ours are (Russia not included in this because they too have very large number of minorities).

I hope we manage to keep our homogeneity, our culture, our identity and our heritage, unlike our Western neighbours, so unless rising right in Western countries (like in UK, France and Netherlands) gains any real influence and reverses this sad trend in their country, we should not join their world.

Anonymous

The realistic way of forming the political union in Eastern Europe would be for one or two nations with historical ties to become strong economically and technologically and consequently politically and militarily. Then, the neighbouring nations will join in. Naturally… As it stands the countries are relying on technologies, economies, energy sources and resources, military protection of the western and eastern neighbours. This does not come for free. The nations are asked to return favours in forms of political allegiance and military base camps . The political union based on cultural ties alone is not going to work. The geographical proximity and cultural ties can help to form such union but it is not enough. IMHO.

Anonymous

Not a good idea, with other non-European nations population growth, economic growth, military growth etc, an Eastern European alliance would divide Europe more, and with the scales already evening out worldwide, that wouldn't be a good idea for Europeans.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Not a good idea, with other non-European nations population growth, economic growth, military growth etc, an Eastern European alliance would divide Europe more, and with the scales already evening out worldwide, that wouldn't be a good idea for Europeans.

Not really – diversity in Europe ends on the border of France and the Low Countries, the middle countries (Italy to Denmark) are in a salvagable state and Eastern Europe (minus Russia which is an Empire) is essentially 110% European when compared to the multicultural west.  Bosnia and Croatia are just like Eastern Europe too. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This first Union/Federation could be influential enough not to fall under to great Russian influence
    Quote:
    not accept Russian hegemony

Oh thank you, gentleman. The 'Slavic' union without the biggest ethnic Slavic group is soo Slavic  :) Maybe, Russia should also elaborate some…plan?..

Anonymous

Strange enough that Cvetinov haven't included India into his Eastern Union. Mass migration from that country would solve the demographic problem and help assimilate the Roma by his method ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Not really – diversity in Europe ends on the border of France and the Low Countries, the middle countries (Italy to Denmark) are in a salvagable state and Eastern Europe (minus Russia which is an Empire) is essentially 110% European when compared to the multicultural west.  Bosnia and Croatia are just like Eastern Europe too.

Regardless, further division is not a good idea at the moment, I understand your point though.

Anonymous

I don't understand why forgot Russia…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't understand why forgot Russia…

No, Russia wasn't forgotten. On the contrary, it is pointed out that this 'Eastern/Slavic Union' is formed to oppose Russia and minimize its influence  ;D

Anonymous

Dont worry, If there is no Russia, Serbia, Bosnia (Because Serbs here will block it) and Belorussia would not join suh "Slavic" union. Basically Slavic Union minus more than half Slavs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • kony97
  • ca$hbunni
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)