• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Leszek Paweł Słupecki:

The Krakus’ and Wanda’s Burial Mounds of Cracow

http://sms.zrc-sazu.si/pdf/02/SMS_02_Slupecki.pdf

Abstract

The author presents the Krakus and the Wanda’s burial mounds in the vicinity of Cracow, Poland. He has established that the connection between the figures of the Cracow legend and both mounds is more than just a product of 15th century literature, but originates from a much earlier tradition. Archaeological excavations of the Krakus’ mound indicated that the mound originates from the 9th and the 10th century. According to the author, the pagan peoples living along the Visla river created these mounds in the very center of their state as a response to the advancing Christianity from neighboring Moravia.

Anonymous

Zajebiste tematy masz ostatnio, Pani Preljo! :) Here are some pictures of Cracovian burial mounds:

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.geometra.krakow.pl/zdjecia/kopiec_kosciuszki_1.jpg”/>

And this next one is about 5 minutes walk from where I live. I live in apartment overlooking what was Płaszów concentration camp (now there is nothing left of this camp, except some parts of Amon Goeth's house. It is public park now ) and walking through it and up to top of small hill, you have full view on this mound:

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Zajebiste tematy masz ostatnio, Pani Preljo! :)

Dzięki Panie Wilkołaku, jakoś tak wyszło :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

From the top of that mound is an awesome view of Kraków. And I must agree that this is a very interesting topic. Recovering lost history and culture is Slavic Europe… this should be good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • jorgos
  • Tujev
  • kony97