• This topic has 21 voices and 65 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think everyone knows about the Russian Empire and everyone has his own opinion of it. Here I want you to leave your viewpoints on this Russian state and Russian folk during the time of Empire.
    I want to concern one question, about Russian folk. This state was very contradictious. Maybe for little folks it could be a trouble to live under the Russian rule, yes. But for Russians, my opinion is that for Russians it was the real fatherland, the most appropriate country to live. Todays Russian Federation seems like a feeble shadow of the past Empire. Russian folk needs an aim to strive for, a uniting symbol that lacks today. Such symbol was Russian monarchy. If I could choose todays Russian state system, I would choose constitutional monarchy which appeared in Russia 1905 but was wiped out due to Bolsheviks. Today Russia would have to be like Great Britain, Sweden and other monarchic countries.
    Why I think the Russian Empire was so wonderful country? There were a lot of questions in other threads about who is real Russian. Anthropological answer is clear. But cultural traits and the world-view may be not so obvious. In my opinion the real Russians in all senses were in the Russian Empire. The brightest representatives were among noblemen such as M.D.Skobelev, A.V.Kolchak and other. This kind of characters is very good transfered in some Russian films, which I really advise you to watch, if you want to understand what was Russian Empire for Russians. One of the best films is the serial "Гибель Империи". Here one can watch it entirely. Its main heroes are the ideal Russians for me forever.
    "Гибель империи"
    You can also merely listen. This song reflects all what the heroes of Russia suffered during the breakup of the Empire.
    Все теперь против нас…

But what do I want to say? I want people, who blame Russian Empire, to look at this state from Russian point of view. The time of Empire was the flowering of Russian culture and Russian might. In the first place it was due to existence of the stratum of real Russian who knew what was nobleness, honour and faithfulness to the Fatherland and their folk. "За Веру, Царя и Отечество!" – this slogan excites Russian souls even today. And it means something remains so far. I hope the revival of Russian Russia is at hand.

Leave hear your opinions about Russian Empire.

Anonymous

To me Russian Empire is the same shit like the Soviet Union, it is also debatable how Russian it was since the Tsars were from the same family as the Prussian and British royals, not to mention that these royals had close relations to world jewry and masonry. I will not make any further comments since I do not want to provoke another Battleground-thread. I just want to add that it does not mean anything that many Russians want the Empire to return, many Russians also want the Soviet Union to return since Muscovians always want to have a great Empire were they can gain profit from the suffering of others without having to work themselves. I support the return of the true Slavic states in Russia occupied by Muscovites, Tver and Novgorod Republic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    To me Russian Empire is the same shit like the Soviet Union, it is also debatable how Russian it was since the Tsars were from the same family as the Prussian and British royals, not to mention that these royals had close relations to world jewry and masonry.

If we look at the blood, than formally one can hesitate. But the main thing is an upbringing. Russian grand dukes were reared in Russian traditions. They since their childhood knew that they are Russians, and their bond with foreign rulers means nothing if it opposites interests of Russian state. Moreover it doesn't matter how pure Slavic was their blood, because their belonging to Russian family is indisputable. Slavic families are determinated through a father. If your father is Russian, than in principle your are Russian. To elaborate on this question one should also analyze blood compound of Prussian princes. Many of them are likely to have the blood of Pomeranian and Polabian slavs, who I consider to be Russian ancestors in Novgorod Republic.

I will not make any further comments since I do not want to provoke another Battleground-thread. I just want to add that it does not mean anything that many Russians want the Empire to return, many Russians also want the Soviet Union to return since Muscovians always want to have a great Empire were they can gain profit from the suffering of others without having to work themselves.

No. Those who want to return Soviet Union are Soviets, not Russians. The difference between Soviets and Russians is huge. It is an essentially different world-view, culture, traditions.
    I just tried to explain in this post why Russians want a return of the Russian Empire. The lands under Russian rule of that time don't disturb us. Why do we need eventually all these Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and so on? Even Ukraine (except Krim), Poland and Finland don't signify anything for Russia. We have a lot of our lands to settle in there and need to keep these lands for us,  not give it to Chinese as a present. This is a real problem. But coming back to the question. Russians want the Russian Empire because it was a real Russian country as I said, where Russian were at the top of the social pyramid and Russian folk was the main host of the country. The elite of that time was fully congenial to the Russian soul and could be treated as its essence. These people were annihilated during the Civil War.

Anonymous

Czarist Russia was an empire in the classic sense, meaning it exploited certain subjects, but that is the nature of empire. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was pretty much the same thing. Eventually, the ruling class starts to get favored too much by laws and this causes tensions amongst the population that does more work yet doesn't receive benefits. The Russian Empire was heading in a good direction with the establishment of Constitutional Monarchy and such, however there were still large portions of the population, mainly on the fringes, that could never be satisfied with being Russian subjects, these being Poles and Ukrainians mainly. Many Russians were unhappy with the Czar and it was this that was brutally exploited by the Bolsheviks. This actually shows the potential danger of revolution, for I do not think that the "Russian Revolution" was very Russian at all. All subjects of the former Russian Empire suffered tremendously as a result of it. One elite was replaced with another and the new one was more vicious than the previous had ever been. It should have been called the "Subversion of Russia." There is no way that Czarist Russia was the "same shit" as USSR. The Bolsheviks destroyed immense amounts of classic culture, so much so that they should be considered a foreign element which plundered and pillaged and destroyed as it saw fit. And no surprise: all leading Bolsheviks were Jews.

A romantic look back at empire, particularly its better parts, is good for a healthy nationalism, but in this day and age, any calls for a "return to empire" are fundamentally flawed. It is something that should be learned from so that we can move on. Take note that all empires have fallen, and thus if your worldview is just the greatness of empire, you will be hounded by your own inevitable pessimism. It was for reasons akin to this that Polish statesman Roman Dmowski urged Poles not to yearn back to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, aka "Great Poland," but rather that they embrace the modern world.

I suppose that we all look back at the greatness and former might of our respective nations (just look at my avatar) but a worldview mustn't end there. Russian, Polish, or otherwise.

Anonymous

I have nothing against Russian Empire as long as it stays away from Poland and other European countries it once swallowed up and brutally exploited. Many non-Russians were forced Russification and suffered much worse if they rose against Russian rule.

Otherwise, if it stays within what is now Russia, I would have no problem with it. If they ruled over all those Asian, Caucasian and North American (Alaska) countries, that would also be fine. Russian nationalism was top-notch then and Russia as such was mightier than it ever was. Russian art, literature, music, ballet and other artforms were absolutely at their prime and comparable only with that of Prussian, French and Austro-Hungarian Empires of that time. Though like every monarchy, it failed. Like all other European countries, it simply could not be that ruling class remained filthy rich while majority of people remained dirt poor (classic recipe for revolution).

I imagine it must have been truly polarised in Russia, that there was such massive revolution that claimed all those millions.
    Though of course, from Polish perspective, I can respect elements of Russian Empire of then, but naturally not all of it, since Russian rule of Poland was far more harsh than even Prussian rule over Poland (which is symbolized by amount of Polish uprisings against Russians).
    For Russian perspective only though, I can imagine though that this is ultimate empire that they would want to return to.

Anonymous

The Russian Empire… Like the Hungarian, but a really bigger version… After all, I like that empire… If we not watch what did they do with their Slavic Brohters… Should Bols were defeated, Russia I guess would be the only world power for decades now… It's rich lands, and manpower, and Russian strength would and will give them The leadership of the world… This will be not good, but surely better than America or China's or anyone else's leadership… End…

Anonymous

This may seem odd, but bear with me.

People find other people attractive, but often find gorillas ugly, but then then find cats beautiful. The reason is that gorillas are pretty similar to humans and thus are seen as "ugly humans" and not as separate creatures as are cats.

With neighboring nations, it is often the same thing. When Poles were in power, everything was to be Polish with others being "flawed Poles" or just "incomplete Poles" etc… no surprise that when Russia became mighty, the same thing happened just from a different side. Henryk Sienkiewicz ended With Fire and Sword with the line, "Hatred poisoned the hearts of two brother nations." Brothers will never be the same, but good brothers show respect and honestly try to cooperate in any way that they can.

In a broader sense, this also applies to Slavics and Germanics. We've been neighbors for over 1000 years.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This will be not good, but surely better than America or China's or anyone else's leadership… End…

That's your point of view. In my opinion there is no difference if China, America, Russia or strange looking reptiloid aliens rule the world, it will all end up with suffering and oppression of everyone who disagrees with the rule of the afromentioned. I'm against any superpower controlling the whole world and forcing their will on others.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    This will be not good, but surely better than America or China's or anyone else's leadership… End…

That's your point of view. In my opinion there is no difference if China, America, Russia or strange looking reptiloid aliens rule the world, it will all end up with suffering and oppression of everyone who disagrees with the rule of the afromentioned. I'm against any superpower controlling the whole world and forcing their will on others.

I see your point of view, and agree with it…It would be good to everyone rules his country and stay in it… I'm just said wich one of present's super powers would be the better of all… I would like to remember you, that I lived under russian occupation, and now american (you know who control Usa right?). And so on, I worked in a Chinese factory, that altough in Hungary, I see what Chinese rulership is look like (in a factory, it is really smaller…)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would like to remember you, that I lived under russian occupation, and now american (you know who control Usa right?).

Well, Russia is controlled by the same hook-nosed dudes ;)
    All the same ZOG-driven bullshit nowadays…

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    I would like to remember you, that I lived under russian occupation, and now american (you know who control Usa right?).

Like our old friend, the Térképfejű? XD

Anonymous
    Quote:
    …hook-nosed dudes ;)

Cat Raced Fikes.
    Fat Cased Rikes.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like our old friend, the Térképfejű? XD

Yep.

Anonymous

Russia is Motherland, Germany is Fatherland.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Russia is Motherland, Germany is Fatherland.

The Polish word in this case, Ojczyzna, also translates to Fatherland.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • jorgos
  • Fia
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Piachu
  • kony97