Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kseniia K.
    Participant
    @kseniia_krivileva

Among the many creepypastas circulating the internet, the story of The Russian Sleep Experiment is certainly one of the most horrifying ones. Accordin
    [See the full post at: The Russian Sleep Experiment]

pollex
    Participant
    @pollex

These Russians “scientists” are worse then nazist “doctors” from Dahau.
    But it seems that Russians are nearly proud of such history…

Mikhail Galamov
    Participant
    @mikhaila

@pollex

Thankfully it’s just fiction.  These Soviets that did this can thankfully be relegated to being the fictions they are.  And I am not proud of such history, especially since these are Soviet scientists in the story, not just Russians.  And Soviet history is unfortunately shared from the shores of Klaipeda to the Far East of Russia.  What’s more unfortunate though, is that experiments of similarly cruel nature, judging by the absolute evil of the Soviet machine during its so-called Golden Age (before Gorbechëv), would not have received inhibition from the higher-ups.  So no, I am not proud of any of the similar histories that have occurred within Soviet borders, and the only thing I can be proud of, if possible, is the victory in Europe in 1945.  After that, it’s just a history of crimes upon crimes to maintain a system that was already going to fail once Stalin finally died.

pollex
    Participant
    @pollex

@mikhaila
    Thankfully it’s just fiction.
    Really? There is no mention in the text that it’s a fiction.
    And unfortunately it is not a fiction since sleep deprivation really was a torture frequently used by Stalin’s NKVD.

And I am not proud of such history, especially since these are Soviet scientists in the story, not just Russians.
    You may not worry a lot about it since according to your profile You are a US citizen of Ukrainian origin.

And Soviet history is unfortunately shared from the shores of Klaipeda to the Far East of Russia.
    Yes, unfortunately. But problem is that Klaipeda’s inhabitants did not want to share this history with Russians. They were forced to do it by Soviet tanks.
    Moreover as far as I know Russia had declared itself as the only legal successor of Soviet Union. It means that Russians agreed that only they are legally responsible for Soviet crimes.

only thing I can be proud of, if possible, is the victory in Europe in 1945
    The result of this victory was the fact that regimes similar to Stalin’s one were established in many European countries. I hope that You are not proud exactly of this fact.

Mikhail Galamov
    Participant
    @mikhaila

@pollex

I will never be proud of the Stalinist regimes set up.  I’m more proud of the sacrifices that were given, that while these people never thought of what they were doing as “saving” anyone, they still set the stage for a preservation of the existence of Slavic nations (though relocating Poles from Western Ukraine and Belarus and several other forced migrations involving Germans, Tatars and other groups are thing that no sane person should be proud of) and other groups that would have been destroyed entirely.  I do understand that Stalin was a genocidal monster, so it’s really a matter of somehow not making the paranoid monster twitch.

Of Russia being the legal successor of the USSR.  Russia shared its capital with the USSR in Moscow.  Thus, when the USSR was dissolved, it only made sense for Russia to take its place, as most of the the governmental processes of the USSR took place in Moscow.  Legally, though, Russia is not responsible for the collective crimes of the USSR.  They are still separate legal entities.  Legally, Russia is responsible for none of the crimes that were committed in the name of Communism.  Russia is responsible for the crimes of the RF.  That is why even if Golodomor were to be termed as a genocide (it was a famine that was the result of stupid policies, so it was not a genocide, but a really big fuck-up that cost millions of Soviet lives), there is little likelihood that Russia would pay reparations for it.

I am of Ukraine from Donetsk.  I will worry about it because Soviet history is shared throughout all fifteen of the former republics, like it or not.  I am a Russian ethnic from Ukraine, perhaps a legacy of Stalin’s resettlement programmes or even the Novorossija era during the Russian Empire.  In 2016, I finally sorted out my US citizenship and am now a full certified citizen of the US.

And the thing is, it’s a fiction.  Perhaps based partly in reality, I will admit.  But this is a creepypasta that is already more than several years old.  I don’t doubt what the NKVD and other organisations within the USSR were capable of and did.  But the experiment within this piece is a fiction.  Every word of dialogue is a fiction.

Mikhail Galamov
    Participant
    @mikhaila

That is a fucking creepypasta, not reality.  Is stupid folk tale,

pollex
    Participant
    @pollex

Russian wikipedia:
    Депривация_сна

В годы «большого террора» (1936—1938) НКВД СССР массово применял «конвейер» — метод допроса (пытки), при котором посменно меняющиеся следователи допрашивали арестованного сутками без перерыва, иногда больше недели, из-за чего тот мог сойти с ума.

“During the years of the “Great Terror” (1936–1938), Soviet NKVD regularly used “conveyor” – the interrogation method (torture), during which constantly changed investigators examined a detainee for days without interruption, sometimes for more than a week, because of which he could go mad.

pollex
    Participant
    @pollex

Could You imagine a German writer who writes and publish a fiction story about some (completely fictive of cause) laboratory created during Hitler’s times in some German city with fictive name (for example Tannenwald) where special chambers were constructed to examine how poison gas impact human organism and then claiming that all German concentrate camps gas chambers history is a fiction just because every word of dialogue in his story is a fiction?

In my opinion it might happen only if
    * He has no knowledge about Nazi concentrate camps at all
    * Or he think that this history is a fiction
    * Or he think that gas chambers were OK

But I cannot imagine such German writer because Germans are well informed about German Nazi crimes and what they really want is that world forget this history as soon as possible.

Unfortunately it is not so with Russian writers and Russian Communists crimes history.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

12 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • haver25
  • kony97
  • Jan Pat II
  • 'las
  • буквальный мусор