• This topic has 19 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

As far as we know Peter the Great, a big fan of the western world betrayed his nation with taking foreign national colors from the Netherlands and using them as official.

The dutch flag:

I suggest using new colors for slavic nations which use those colors right now..

For example Russia:

Czechia:

image image

For Poland we'd need also a new one (because of Czechia):

Do you have examples for other slavic countries? Bulgaria for example already has it's flag without those colors.

Anonymous

If Russia goes back to that flag should we Serbs turn that one upside down too  xD ?

That black-yellow-white one you've posted is flag of the Russian Empire used for celebrations in 19 century but it was not popular as the white-blue-red one.
    I must say I like the colour combination, it is definitely refreshing but I can't say anything about should it be official or not.

As for others examples of Slavic colours , Serbia's  first flag from 8th century would be this one :

Yeah, I know, it is nothing surprising  xD

Anonymous

Red blue flag is from XIII century.
    Anyway just short notes. Anyway it is not sure if Flag of Muscovite Emperor (Russian tricolour) is introduced during emperpor Alexis, or Theodor III, or Peter I, but it is certainly sure, it was introduced before Peter I went in Netherlands. Slavic colours were introduced on Pan-Slavic congress. And since all of us (except Bulgarians, and Poles) use them, those are pan-Slavic colours.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    For Poland we'd need also a new one (because of Czechia):

Yes i also suggest Czechia should made new colors (because of Goriška and Koroška). ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Serbia's  first flag from 8th century would be this one :

I like that flag. :) We could also add the current serbian coat of arms into the middle.

Quote:
    Yeah, I know, it is nothing surprising  xD

Why?

Quote:
    (except Bulgarians, and Poles)

And Ukrainians? :)

And Belarusians? :)

And what about FYROM? :)

Quote:
    those are pan-Slavic colours.

The pan-slavic colours are of germanic origin. There is also another problem.. many german nationalists are supporters of the slawenlüge-theory. They say that there was no Great Migration Period and that there were no ancient slavs and that our slavic languages all evolved due to forcing the local germanic-mongol mixed population (yes, that's what they think) speaking the artificial language created by Cyril and Methodius.
    With the pan-slavic colours which descend from germanic people we unwillingly support those german chauvinists.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And Ukrainians? :)

And Belarusians?

And what about FYROM? :)

No offense, but we speak about flags with some tradition. That three are relatively new.

Quote:
    The pan-slavic colours are of germanic origin.

Says who? I allready said, theory about Peter the Great using Netherland flag is just theory. But to be precise, house of Orange was French, by Origin.

Quote:
    They say that there was no Great Migration Period and that there were no ancient slavs and that our slavic languages all evolved due to forcing the local germanic-mongol mixed population (yes, that's what they think) speaking the artificial language created by Cyril and Methodius.

There is part of my anatomy which suffers a lot because of it ;D

Quote:
    With the pan-slavic colours which descend from germanic people we unwillingly support those german chauvinists.

It is strange argumentation.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    (except Bulgarians, and Poles)

And Bosnians.

Anonymous

Red on white background is a characteristic combination of colours in many Slavic folk cultures. We discussed it on the forum already. The blue is a common colour used on many national flags.  The current pan-Slavic colours are fine regardless where Peter the Great went.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And Bosnians.

as Dalibor already said, he's talking about flags with some traditions and current Bosnian flag is artificial (made by UN) and new (since 1998).

Anonymous

I completely support the OP, not only for the reason that the colour scheme is of foreign origin but also because we must rid ourselves of the stigma of the old, failed Pan-Slavism.

Anonymous

I would support changing the Russian flag to the flag of the Russian empire. Would give it a nice distinct look. Kind of like Ukraine's colors, besides Sweden which is far away enough that I think we can share the colors.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    failed Pan-Slavism.

What makes you think it's Failed?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What makes you think it's Failed?

1. It was an offshot of 19th century liberalism.

2. It lacked any consistent ideological basis and most of all, goals – which made it vulnerable to exploitation first by imperialists, then communists.

3. It failed to produce anything significant except a couple of completely artificial states. All of them collapsed, one of them in a bloody war.

We shouldn't identify with this failed concept any longer. We need to craft a new Slavic idea instead.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    1. It was an offshot of 19th century liberalism.

2. It lacked any consistent ideological basis and most of all, goals – which made it vulnerable to exploitation first by imperialists, then communists.

3. It failed to produce anything significant except a couple of completely artificial states. All of them collapsed, one of them in a bloody war.

We shouldn't identify with this failed concept any longer. We need to craft a new Slavic idea instead.

So what do you suggest?We stop being pro-slavs?
    I don't think we should abandon Pan-Slavism, I belive we should build upon it and try to improve it….

Anonymous

Red , White , Blue ( or any combination thereof) are great colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • some slavic guy...
  • GOGA
  • slovborg
  • Nefario
  • kony97