• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello, for threads that have been read or commented by moderators that have been moved to their respective or appropriate destinations later…

for example I was participating and contributing to a thread labeled "more info for white wolf" and it says it's off limits to me again like a prior thread… which section was it moved to?

If there is an option like this it would be nice to be able to still at least read threads I already participated in if no longer able to post because I'm not at the appropriate rank, what do you think?

Anonymous

IMHO, if you want more users in the forum maybe you should stop closing our mouth by moving topics where we were discussing?

Anonymous

My holiwar threaaaaaaad  :'( It was very promising in terms of boosting my post counter  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My holiwar threaaaaaaad  :'( It was very promising in terms of boosting my post counter  :)

lol and that thread was about you too …

Anonymous
    Quote:
    lol and that thread was about you too …

Yes, and I will be missing it, too! RIP  :'(

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

We made Anthropology section just for senior users (above 1000 posts) and supporters to lessen up the posting in that section so our dear users can focus on other sections which are very neglected. Also we won't have any troll users just joining so they could have fun in Anthropology, rather only established members (those that actually do post and are friendly with others) will have the chance to do so.

This way we would also like to give our users a guidelines:

If you're only into racism and talking about politics and immigration you should go –> http://www.stromfront.org
    If you're only here to talk about anthropology you should go —> http://www.forumbiodiversity.com

Slavorum is not a hate-racist site neither an anthropology website. If you want to be on a Slavic forum about all-around Slavic topics and socialize with Slavs, stay here.

Anonymous

Making that section for established members is the best thing to do indeed so i support it. Until person makes 1000 posts it weeds out the rotten apples among members and thus only quality posters will be able to post there along mods and supporters.

Anonymous

Maybe you think this way because you have more than 1000 posts. We don't.

New member is logging in, he is often seen in one topic, maybe even about him in some way. Next day you see something like "who are you talk like that" and topic is moved. It is not normal. Communist did the same. They told "this is not true" and when you started by "but…" you visited a prison or were beaten by militia.

Anonymous
    Quote:

New member is logging in, he is often seen in one topic, maybe even about him in some way. Next day you see something like "who are you talk like that" and topic is moved. It is not normal. Communist did the same. They told "this is not true" and when you started by "but…" you visited a prison or were beaten by militia.

We are watching you comrade! ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Obviouslly, it's how authority works.

Anonymous

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Making that section for established members is the best thing to do indeed so i support it. Until person makes 1000 posts it weeds out the rotten apples among members and thus only quality posters will be able to post there along mods and supporters.

I don't disagree about having the forum open to higher ranks… I was talking about allowing those who already contributed to those threads the ability to read the threads they were involved in.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't disagree about having the forum open to higher ranks… I was talking about allowing those who already contributed to those threads the ability to read the threads they were involved in.

…after you pay the subscription fee  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We made Anthropology section just for senior users (above 1000 posts) and supporters to lessen up the posting in that section so our dear users can focus on other sections which are very neglected. Also we won't have any troll users just joining so they could have fun in Anthropology, rather only established members (those that actually do post and are friendly with others) will have the chance to do so.

This way we would also like to give our users a guidelines:

If you're only into racism and talking about politics and immigration you should go –> http://www.stromfront.org
    If you're only here to talk about anthropology you should go —> http://www.forumbiodiversity.com

Slavorum is not a hate-racist site neither an anthropology website. If you want to be on a Slavic forum about all-around Slavic topics and socialize with Slavs, stay here.

thanks  Perun, I don't know if that was also directed towaards me in part .. I have not started any of those types of threads. I included my perspective/correction in one or two threads having some background in biology, and having some understanding of how these studies are being misused and how people are making their own speculations out of it and trying to post it as fact… coming back to the whole " slaver than thou" arguments.

To bring up Pan's point, I think what he is trying to say that the threads are being moved not as topics but in spite of discussion, and it does seem unusual that they are getting moved kind of late in game. There is a contradiction in the statements of inclusion and exclusion…

I'm for moderation and controlling your forum's quality, I just think it would be fair to allow people to at least read those threads they already contributed in, as well as an idea for recruitment: if people get to see what they can possibly get involved with… it might add as a motivator or reward. For example I lead an online orgnization and guild once, where we had no such thing as officer chats for my higher ranking members ( no favoritism over unbalancing of power)… and recruits were allowed to attend guild meetings but not talk (only members could)… it allowed them to see/observe what we did and what were about- and was completely transparent, at the same time they did not disrupt us or our process… so it gave BOTH them and the guild the proprer oppurtunity and decision to decide if they were a right fit and ready to dedicate time/money etc. In the mean time they spontaneously learned the guild's curteousy and rules and conduct, it was very effective.

Anonymous

I want to add that we had lots of contributions both in game money, as well as substantial paypal donations for ventrilo and and the website, all the recruits and members felt very included, respected, honored and wanted… and they did it of their own free will, very easily and wanted to jump in as members and contribute as soon as they could.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Fia
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • ca$hbunni
  • slovborg
  • Tujev