• This topic has 16 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So whats your opinion? If you ask me the answer is yes

Anonymous

What do you mean by dumb? Dumb content or dumb posters?

Anonymous

I am seeing a lot of old threads being necromanced from the grave. Uncertain if I would categorize them as "dumb." I'm enjoying the Bosnian Traditional Folklore Clothing thread, but this is new and interesting for me.

Maybe some examples would be helpful? What types of threads would you like to see?  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am seeing a lot of old threads being necromanced from the grave. Uncertain if I would categorize them as "dumb." I'm enjoying the Bosnian Traditional Folklore Clothing thread, but this is new and interesting for me.

Ok i'm new here but i want something to say…why should be "necromanced" threads categorized as "dumb". Somebody new like me wants to explore old threads and posted within.  Everyone bring another piece of knowledge.

Problem is that new guests open "new" threads before checking if this thread which he want to open, already exist. They also don't check what has been already written. People are lazy :)

I have proposal for admins. You should upgrade role "* No spamming. Don't post unless you have something relevant to say." in thread  Posting with others

Quote:
    Welcome: Rules of Conduct & Guidelines for Posting
    Posting with others:

* No profanity. Avoid racial epithets and insults based on that.
        * No personal flames.
        * No attacks against other Slavic nationalities.
        * Make an effort to use proper spelling, grammar and capitalization (no ALL-CAPS posts).
        * No spamming. Don't post unless you have something relevant to say.Be sure that comment or threads which you want to posted
          are not already been posted

* Post only to appropriate forums.
        * No extremism, vulgarities, xenophobia, slur or malevolent type of posting.
        * Post only under one user name. Anyone with "multiple personalities" will have all their accounts deleted.
        * If possible post in Latin alphabet, as not all Slavic users understand or use Cyrillic script.
        * Respect copyrights of media that you are linking or using on this forum and always mention their source.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ok i'm new here but i want something to say…why should be "necromanced" threads categorized as "dumb". Somebody new like me wants to explore old threads and posted within.  Everyone bring another piece of knowledge.

I am just stating what I am noticing. I did not intend to imply that all resurrected old threads are indeed "dumb." In fact, many are still "smart."  :) Hey, explore away! I certainly don't mind an old thread if the topic still has relevancy.  :)

Problem is that new guests open "new" threads before checking if this thread which he want to open, already exist. They also don't check what has been already written. People are lazy :)

I agree that the search function should be utilized, and its usage encouraged, more often. No disagreement there.  :) And, yes, most people will take the path of least resistance, if given the choice.  Especially, if it's an internet message board. It's not like anyone here is a paid commentator. ;)

Anonymous

They certainly do. Sadly, especially the Macedonian and Bulgarian sections, where the endless war flames without any possibility to end. The players there change, but that childish game stays the same …

And otherwise, in general too, yes. Members are getting bored sometimes and make new topics who are neither interesting or connected with Slavs or anything (aplies to me aswell). :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They certainly do. Sadly, especially the Macedonian and Bulgarian sections, where the endless war flames without any possibility to end. The players there change, but that childish game stays the same …

And otherwise, in general too, yes. Members are getting bored sometimes and make new topics who are neither interesting or connected with Slavs or anything (aplies to me aswell). :)

So, now that the problem has been identified, what do you think is the solution?

Anonymous

The quality of this very thread certainly raises the general level.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The quality of this very thread certainly raises the general level.  ;D

Ok, abv, you can go home now.  ;D 

(j/k)

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

I believe the number of reasonable threads to be opened is countable. You can't just open and open new threads forever. And we are probably getting out of new ideas. The number of new threads opened this year is two times smaller than the number of thread opened last year, and it's almost December. So, if the lack of quality is questionable, the lack of quantity is definitely not.

I voted "yes" anyway.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So whats your opinion? If you ask me the answer is yes

Would you give us an example of such a thread, Shaokang ?  ;D :P

Anonymous

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What do you mean by dumb? Dumb content or dumb posters?

Sometimes both. I'm mostly bored when I see some thread about the classification or a stupid political debate. I could honestly make a list of recent stupid threads, something that I could barely count on the fingers before a year :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • some slavic guy...
  • Nefario
  • jorgos
  • Piachu
  • кошка