• This topic has 5 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Top Widely Believed Myths About the Slavs

It is hard to know and see truth in history if several different groups write in same time from their perspective. Naturally Slavs being the largest ethno-linguistic community in Europe also have various misconceptions in history about them and their existence.

Read the full story here

Anonymous

Respect author!!! Very educational article. Most of these myths are totally incorrect and with these article are debunked.
    About Slavs and writings before Ćiril and Metod, it seems that Slavs used small Beech branches as somekind early letters or to be correct signes. They carved signs in Beech branches. Germanic people adopted that system. In German the word Book – Buche have the same root as a tree Beech Rotbuche. Relict in language…

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@KnezIvan you think Germanic people adopted Slavic writing? Do you have any more info on that?

Anonymous

@Perun not the writing but the system. I could try to find some more info in my books. Then i will post what ever i find.

Anonymous

The Sarmatians were eventually decisively assimilated (e.g. Slavicisation) and absorbed by the Proto-Slavic population of Eastern Europe around the Early Medieval Age.

Anonymous

@croaky any proof of that Sarmats assimilated in Slavic populations? And what do you think whit whom did they assimilate the most or present day Slavs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • MaRk0V
  • Australian Santa
  • LCaine
  • KratΩs
  • Bjelas
  • pothead