• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’ve written an article about the folk dress of the Czech Republic (http://nationalclothing.org/24-nationalclothing/europe/czech-republic/22-traditional-costume-of-the-czech-republic-every-region-has-its-folk-attire.html). And I found out, that there is pretty few information about it. Please, help me to learn more about Czech national clothing). Do people use traditional costumes or parts of them in day-to-day life? What parts exactly do they wear? How much do you know about Czech traditional dress?

Anonymous

Excellent article! My family is from Chysky, which appears to be in between Prachensko and Taborsko, hahaha.

Anonymous

So, I peeked at your page about Czech kroj(e). It looks like you found the main one from a website that is pretty common to find. I have had the same problems tracking down what and where some of the national dress is applied to which region. I have mostly found the same things as you have but then have gain the information that Czech national dress prescribes to those standards as you listed but are further refined as you get closer to bigger cities and even further if a smaller village has an example. If that smaller village does not have one, then they default to the nearest bigger town or city. Correct me if I have misinterpreted something here, please.

Anonymous

Does anybody know why the folk costume of the Tabor region is referred to as “cossack”?

Anonymous

I watched some folk dance in traditional clothes near the Karlstejn castle and must say they have the similar dance and clothes like the Croats from Slavonija region.

Anonymous

Any clues at all about the Tabor folk dress? Anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.