• This topic has 26 voices and 96 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Since there are lot of sportsmen here I think we should exchange our experiences and give advices here  .<br />

Anonymous

Soo… What would you like to know?  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Soo… What would you like to know?  ;D

Ok for beginning if you are going to the gym what is your weekly training program :) ?

Anonymous

Don't do what every man does and go overboard at gym when you haven't gone for some time (like this stupid Pole did ;D).
    WARM UP PROPERLY ALWAYS!

Anonymous

You are right proper warm up is extremely important. I found out that the harder way (f*cked up my shoulder and knee) but have recovered  :) And when you train you must remain focused. When I tried to lift weight on bench press i tried to scratch my nose. Ended up with dislocated shoulder  >:(. (do not try this at home  ;) ).

Anonymous

Is difficult to give you some advice, not knowing what are your goals. Depends of what do you want get: a muscular body, a strong body, elastic or an combination of this. To what do you need it? Gym, martial arts or in general a good form?

At first. Two types of training:

[li]Training with weights[/li]
      [li]Isometric exercises[/li]

The differences are:

Training with weights implies a substantial increase of muscle mass, increase strenght, it trains a muscle through a full range of motion, can be a complete workout. But it needs a lot of time 'cause needs significant breaks between exercises, it requires a fully equipped gym, must be done on alternate days.

Isometric exercises implies a limited increase of muscle mass, the fastest way to build pure strength, the exercises can be performed every day, it takes little time with short breaks between exercises, does not need to go to the gym and you can train wherever you want. But can not be a complete workout and it must be combined with other methods.

In general I can say that both have pros and cons, and each one can see what kind of training is more suited to what he want do. Of course, both the training can be combined, even for those who do martial arts must do both.

Obviously, this must be supplemented by running (and a cardiovascular exercise), stretching and proper nutrition.

For exemple (resistence):

[li]Jogging[/li]
      [li]Jump Rope[/li]
      [li]Climbing stairs (you can do it everytime)[/li]
      [li]Power walking (

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_walking)[/li]

There are many types of training, If I want to know how I train at home, I will make some sort of program that I do.

Anonymous
      Quote:

[li]Jogging[/li]
        [li]Jump Rope[/li]
        [li]Power walking (

There are many types of training, If I want to know how I train at home, I will make some sort of program that I do.

And lot of creatin :D
      Oh yeah!

Anonymous
      Quote:

Quote:

[li]Jogging[/li]
          [li]Jump Rope[/li]
          [li]Power walking (

And lot of creatin :D
        Oh yeah!

Yeah :P As I have written elsewhere, only idiots could take these things. Especially for those who want to do martial arts. Even for those who only does gym, having big muscles does not mean have a great strength.

Anonymous

I see that almost everyone in the gym is using some sort of chemistry and I am totally against it.
        Here is my training program. Monday chest and biceps, tuesday  back and triceps, wednesday legs and shoulders and I repeat this till saturday and I rest on sunday. I do this so that each muscle group has about 3 days to rest.  And 2 or 3 days a week I play basketball and on some weekends I go trekking. Of course this is only half of training and nutrition is second half  ;).

Anonymous

The isometric exercise are based on training the power, the strenght and endurance. This exercises require no movement, yet they can have the same effect, if not better, of the standart exercise. Why? To do a curl, for example, we used for two seconds the motion and the time frame in which the muscle work is almost less than a second. Isometric exercises are based on the work of the muscle in its broadest possible time. In fact we need that the muscle works constantly. How do that? Have you ever used the hand grip? Like this?

Try to make a normal movement with your other hand touching the forearm. You can see that the muscle swells only for a moment, that is, when you close out your hand and reopen it. Now try to close the hand in half and stand still. What do you notice? The muscle is in contraction and is working on endurance and strength. This is the basis of isometric exercises, the muscle to work for as long as possible. This type of training does not increase muscle mass, surely a little, but overall it develops strength and endurance of the muscle.

When I have more time, I write the exercises you can do at home without needing equipment.

Anonymous

Interesting, please continue, Rode. :)

Anonymous
        Quote:
        I see that almost everyone in the gym is using some sort of chemistry and I am totally against it.
        Here is my training program. Monday chest and biceps, tuesday  back and triceps, wednesday legs and shoulders and I repeat this till saturday and I rest on sunday. I do this so that each muscle group has about 3 days to rest.  And 2 or 3 days a week I play basketball and on some weekends I go trekking. Of course this is only half of training and nutrition is second half  ;).

I'm not using anything! ;) Ok, i used protein shakes before for few months, but that is just nutrition so it's alright. Anyway, now i'm practicing completely natural and it's going all right, i just have a bigger appetite so i eat everything there is to eat when i return home :D

Anonymous
        Quote:

Quote:

I'm not using anything! ;) Ok, i used protein shakes before for few months, but that is just nutrition so it's alright. Anyway, now i'm practicing completely natural and it's going all right, i just have a bigger appetite so i eat everything there is to eat when i return home :D

Hehe common phenomenon  ;D ;D

Anonymous

I began training in gym in december last year and I had a break in May and June (graduation exams, university acceptance exams etc.). While not training in a gym I trained at home a bit and I have been bicycling a lot, too. I have gained some little muscle mass but its mostly on my legs.
        Weight wise, I gained only 3 kg in six months. Which is really not much.
        I could not lose any fat since I never had any, I am more ectomorphic than mesomorphic.

My problem seems to be in nutrition. I eat a lot of eggs, meat etc blabla but not in great amounts since I am simply unable to eat too much. Strangely, since I began  training in gym, milk causes me diarrhoea.

What is your opinion on my problems?  :)

Anonymous
        Quote:
        What is your opinion on my problems?  :)

Žiadne nevidím ;D  Že ťa preženie, je len dobré pre trávenie :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
      • Fia
      • Tujev
      • kony97
      • Lucifer Morningstar
      • Glockamole
      • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)