• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

[size=14pt]Poland swears in first transsexual and gay MPs[/size]

Poland's first transsexual member of parliament has been sworn in, in what has traditionally been a socially conservative country.

Fifty-seven-year-old Anna Grodzka was previously a man, known as Krzysztof, before having surgery in Thailand.

Poland's first openly gay MP was also sworn in, following the general election in October.

Analysts say the electoral success of the party they both represent is a sign of the waning influence of the Church.

The party, the Palikot Movement, has taken a strong anti-clerical stance, criticising Roman Catholic priests who get involved in politics.

It surprised many observers by winning 10% of the vote in the general election, making it the third largest political grouping in the Polish parliament.

Anna Grodzka, quoted by the Associated Press, said the voters "wanted a modern Poland, a Poland open to variety, a Poland where all people would feel good regardless of their differences. I cannot fail them in their expectations."

Palikot campaigned for the legalisation of abortion, gay marriage and marijuana.

Church power challenged

Many people have argued that its success shows the Roman Catholic hierarchy is out of touch with Polish youth.

"It's a real signal, especially about young people, that the form of religion presented sometimes in Poland by the Catholic Church is not well addressed to young people," says Maciej Zieba, the former head of the Dominican Order.

"Obviously it's a challenge, it's a problem – not how to fight with anti-clericalism but how to preach the Gospel."

Anna Grodzka says the response to her election has been mixed.

"When I've met people on the streets, I've mainly had a favourable reaction."

"Of course there's also been aggressive behaviour too," she says.

"It's been a little worse in political and media circles that don't always understand the problems of transsexual issues and they try to use the fact I was a man against me."

Robert Biedron, Poland's first openly gay lawmaker, has said he will campaign for legislation to tackle discrimination against gay and transsexual people in Poland, and to legalise civil unions for gay couples.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15630789

How predictable that this comes from Ruch Palikota, a party seeks to only appeal to people's self-indulgence and promote decadence. They are screwing up the whole "challenge the church" issue that needs to be seriously addressed minus the clown antics. If someone cannot cope with their own gender, then they should have their head examined.

Anonymous

Wow, this sort of stuff is very disturbing  >:(

Anonymous

/ sarkasm on / That's just so "progressive"  ???    Who's next in line? zoofiliacs, necrofiliacs, other ….filiacs?  Grand! / sarcasm off /

Anonymous

Oh my god. News like these make me want to puke.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    / sarkasm on / That's just so "progressive"  ???    Who's next in line? zoofiliacs, necrofiliacs, other ….filiacs?  Grand! / sarcasm off /

Of course, necropedophiles are also an oppressed minority group.

This is the strategy of liberal social engineering, and to accomplish their goals they need big government to enforce the will of the degenerate minority over the normal majority.
    The population if left alone will always reject this type of sickness and perversion, that is why the progressives view freedom and limited government as dangerous to their tyrannical plans of forcing depravity and sickness down people's throats.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The population if left alone will always reject this type of sickness and perversion, that is why the progressives view freedom and limited government as dangerous to their tyrannical plans of forcing depravity and sickness down people's throats.

Well, you are part right about limited government here. However, it will need to be government to enforce and control regulation of immigration. If every little community did it by itself it would be very hard to achieve a focused national goal. This is why I think that the idea behind government power isn't "limiting as much as possible" but rather "optimizing" and optimization almost always includes reduction. The idea is that mere reduction is not enough, since what is then left operating must operate effectively. Government should serve the national folk. Arguing over big and small side tracks the solution to the current problem.

In terms of immigrants, look at the governments of Switzerland and Japan. From very different cultures. Switzerland is a mash of German and French with a touch of Italian. Japan is very mono-cultural. And from very different parts of the world with very different histories. Switzerland has always been pacifist. Japan has had empire and conquest. Yet, both do no blindly accept immigrants. Japanese citizenship is blood-bound. Swiss is different, I am not sure what they do there, but it is very much resistant to mass cultural dilution. Japan is also in contrast to Britain, a former empire that took on immigrants like crazy and does to this day. Slavic governments should study cases like these and make an immigration policy for the coming era. This will stabilize malicious influence from outside so that it can be better dealt with inside.

Anonymous

Indeed, Husarz, Japan should be model for Slavic nations regarding immigration.
    They have indeed rules that separate guests from residents in their country, while most West European countries simply take whoever in and anyone can become "British", "French" or "German". ::) It's obvious who we should model after.
    Even within Slavic nations, Russia has differentiation between "Ruski" and "Rosjanin", never allowing non-Slav to be one of them.

EDIT – Wrote wrong term for "Ruski" originally. Thanks, Sokil.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Indeed, Husarz, Japan should be model for Slavic nations regarding immigration.
    They have indeed rules that separate guests from residents in their country, while most West European countries simply take whoever in and anyone can become "British", "French" or "German". ::) It's obvious who we should model after.
    Even within Slavic nations, Russia has differentiation between "Rusin" and "Rosjanin", never allowing non-Slav to be one of them.

The differentiation is between "Russkiy" and "Rosjanin". Concerning the fact that even the "Russkiy" are no ethnically homogenous nation, there is in my eyes no difference between these terms. "Rosjanin" is also the official term for Russians in Ukrainian.

Concerning immigration, I agree with you and Husarz: Japan should be our role model when it comes to immigration.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The differentiation is between "Russkiy" and "Rosjanin". Concerning the fact that even the "Russkiy" are no ethnically homogenous nation, there is in my eyes no difference between these terms. "Rosjanin" is also the official term for Russians in Ukrainian.

We also say "Rosjanin" for Russian, regardless of origin, but I just meant that among them there is this differentiation.
    Slavic Russians indeed have much haplogroups found in Finnic people (N3), so I agree they are not 100% homogenous.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • kony97
  • slovborg
  • GOGA
  • 'las