• This topic has 5 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

House of Osman – no cherry picking at all, they essentially all look like this.  There were other Turks in that period, like Ataturk, who had similiar colouring and I know a Turkish Canadian family who look like them as well.  The Dark Turk in Instanbul one sees on Google Images may be a recent thing due to internal migration and birthboom thanks to green revolution.  Probably no different than the birth boom one saw among Asians in former USSR.

"The Last Ottoman" (last member of House of Osman who was born in the Ottoman Empire)

Anonymous

Royals around the world tend to be heavily mixed, especially the British monarchy.

Anonymous

Ottomans have much more  Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian, Russian, Italian, French, Ukrainian, Polish and other European blood that Turic. Last pure Turk was Orhan. Others were mostly sons of captured Christian women.  Other were sons of Ottoman nobility, who similary intrebreed with Christians.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ottomans have much more  Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian, Russian, Italian, French, Ukrainian, Polish and other European blood that Turic. Last pure Turk was Orhan. Others were mostly sons of captured Christian women.  Other were sons of Ottoman nobility, who similary intrebreed with Christians.

"Orhan Gazi was tall, had a blonde beard and blue eyes"
    http://www.theottomans.org/english/family/orhan.asp

???

His father doesn't look like a contemporary Turk, either.  I think your hypothesis must be incorrect, they must had done earlier mixing since the homeland of Oghuz Turks was not from Alania and other Europid people.

These Turks seem to be 'Oghuz Turks' and supposedly they have pure descendents called the Yörük (see on Google Images) and many of them don't look far off from an European spectrum of appearance (which I guess is already stretched to an extended point with a number of dubious looking Mediterraneaners)

Although you're correct that the House of Osman did intermarry with European women.

Anonymous

Last ottoman sultana/princess ,she died this year

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "Orhan Gazi was tall, had a blonde beard and blue eyes"

I dont know on what sources they claim that, but given the fact that Ottomans were last Turks that arrived in Anatolia, I doubt it. Of course, anything is possible. PS that pictures are from XIX century.

Quote:
    His father doesn't look like a contemporary Turk, either.  I think your hypothesis must be incorrect, they must had done earlier mixing since the homeland of Oghuz Turks was not from Alania and other Europid people.
    These Turks seem to be 'Oghuz Turks' and supposedly they have pure descendents called the Yörük (see on Google Images) and many of them don't look far off from an European spectrum of appearance (which I guess is already stretched to an extended point with a number of dubious looking Mediterraneaners)

Well, all Turks in Turkey and Azerbaidijan are Oghuz Turks.

Quote:
    Although you're correct that the House of Osman did intermarry with European women.

Selim II, red sultan, son of Suleiman the Magnificent and (probably) Ukrainian Alexandra Lisovska, or Roxellana, his father Suleiman was great-grandson of Melek-Hadzi Giray, born in Poland. Also, Selim I (Suleiman's father) was grandson of converted Greeks. Cem Sultan, papal prisoner, noted for his fair hair was son of Serbian or Greek noblewomen. Mehmed III was son of Venetian women. His paternal Grandmother Nubu-Sultan (Mother of Murad III) was another Venetian. Ahmed I and Mustafa I were sons of Greek woman. Murad IV, Osman II, Ibrahim I had Greek mothers, Mehmed IV had also Ruthenian mother, Suleiman II was son of Serbian woman, same as his full brother Ahmed II, Mustafa II Gazi and Ahmed III were sons of Cretan Greek woman,  same as Mahmud I, son of Christian women from Constantinople Aleksandra (according spelling Slavic girl). Osman III had Serbian mother, Mustafa III and Abdul Hamid I had French mothers (they were just half brothers), mother of Selim III was Genoese, Mustafa IV was son of Bulgarian girl, Mahmud II is supposed to be son of another Frenchwoman, Abdulaziz was son of Vlach girl.
    As you see this is not hypothesis. They have more European blood than Turkish.

Anonymous

It seems like, despite intermarriage with many Ruthenians, these Ottomans still preserved a strong Dinarid nose?  Unless that is an Anatolid or Armenoid nose?

This doesn't seem to be the case with the youngest Osmans at the moment but I think the younger adults may have had rhinoplasty.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont know on what sources they claim that, but given the fact that Ottomans were last Turks that arrived in Anatolia, I doubt it. Of course, anything is possible. PS that pictures are from XIX century.
    Well, all Turks in Turkey and Azerbaidijan are Oghuz Turks.

No expert on Turks, just read on an encylopedia that Yörük turks are more similiar to Medieval Turks than the mainstream contemporary population.  Don't forget that the Ottoman Empire was one of the largest slave engines in the world and they likely bred with slaves captured in Africa and India – even though Turks controlled the Balkans (and Crimeans raided Ruthenia), the Balkans otherwise was a smaller manpower pool than India and Africa ever was.

Likewise, the Gypsies were supposedly Slaves of the Ottoman Empire and if that many made it into Europe ~ one has to wonder how many didn't make it into Europe but stayed in Turkey.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where I am going with this, but the Ottoman Empire's decline was remarkably quick.

(
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro_Iraqis

If there are 200,000 Afro Iraqis, then there must had been some in the Ottoman Empire too. )

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No expert on Turks, just read on an encylopedia that Yörük turks are more similiar to Medieval Turks than the mainstream contemporary population.  Don't forget that the Ottoman Empire was one of the largest slave engines in the world and they likely breed with slaves captured in Africa and India.

Well, there were Indian and African Slaves, but most slaves were European. For example, all mentioned mothers from abow ere captured by lootin troops or pirates. Black slaves were mostly castrated and used for guarding of wives.

Quote:
    It seems like, despite intermarriage with many Ruthenians, these Ottomans still preserved a strong Dinarid nose?  Unless that is an Anatolid or Armenoid nose?

There is way lot more Balkan ancestry (Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian).

Anonymous

Can some one give me an example of a pure blooded turcic man with no European blood. From what i can tell they are a mixture of mongols and caucasians is that correct?

Anonymous

Uyghurs.

Anonymous

Oh they look like squint eyed caucasians thats and interesting combo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Nexius
  • haver25
  • кошка
  • Asafar ⵣⴰⴽⴰⵔⵉⴰ ⴰⵙⴰⴼⴰⵔ
  • Piachu