• This topic has 5 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Turning Slavorum into a Slavic Social Network?

I've been thinking in incorporating one more facebook/twitter looking option in your profiles where you could update your status (i.e. write a message) that could be viewed by your slavorum friends from your buddy list. It would enhance the usage of your profiles and add a little social aspect to the whole deal. Whole idea would be to combine things that users like to most on internet, which is reading news and information, discussing on interesting topics and make friendships and share things between eachother, in other words a combination of "your favorite news portal" + "your favorite forum" + "Twitter".

So our website would be mainly composed of three things.

1) News Portal – which is our front page with news and interesting articles that users create.
    2) Social Wall – where you would see statuses and actions of your Slavorum friends/buddies.
    3) Forum – where you discuss, talk, comment and everything you do on forums in general.

Social Wall would show:

* Statuses of your friends/buddies
    * Actions your friends do (change profile pic, signature or whatever)
    * Forum posting, you would see when your best Slavorum friend create topics etc

What do you think?

Anonymous

I thought you were going to turn this into a dating site :P.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Of course not, rather a social community site.

Idea would be you join forum discussions, meet people and become friend with the ones you value or like. Being friend with people you would see on the friend wall their activity as their statues, their actions such as when and where they post, when they change avatar and stuff like that.

More friends you gather on forum, more people see your status, similar thing like facebook and twitter.

So it would be [Front page news] [Friend wall] [Forum]

Anonymous

I'm not sure if Slavorum should turn into a Slavic Social Network but I think that relationships status in the profile could be useful. Something like single/have relationships/married. Seriously. :D This thing could be hard to ask.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    I'm not sure if Slavorum should turn into a Slavic Social Network but I think that relationships status in the profile could be useful. Something like single/have relationships/married. Seriously. :D This thing could be hard to ask.

Added :)

Anonymous

Social networks are for governments to gain information about people with their own will. Facebook register every single click and was used as an evidence at the court (proving both ,guilt and innocence). Creating an account at social network you have to agree that everything you do ,write ,put ,upload ,sign on this network is no longer yours. Private correspondence ,photos of your children may,be used for commercials f.e.and you have nothing to do with it.
    So no ,social network is a bad idea ,but some minor elements may be nice. I wont use it anyway. Probably.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So no ,social network is a bad idea ,but some minor elements may be nice. I wont use it anyway. Probably.

What about social network sites like Linkedin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.