• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

[size=14pt]Vaclav Havel, former Czech president, dies aged 75[/size]

Dissident playwright who led velvet revolution and became first post-communist
    Czechoslovakian president dies

Václav Havel, the dissident playwright who led the Czechoslovakian "velvet revolution
    and was one of the fathers of the east European pro-democracy movement that led to
    the fall of the Berlin wall, has died aged 75.

Reports quoted his assistant, Sabina Tančevová, as saying Havel died at his weekend
    house on Sunday morning, and the news was announced on Czech television during an
    interview with the current prime minister, Petr Necas.

Necas called Havel "the symbol of 1989" and said he did "a tremendous job for this country".

Havel's state funeral is likely to draw a crowd of leaders, artists and intellectuals from around
    the world. Havel was a renowned playwright and essayist who, after the crushing of the
    Prague spring in 1968, was drawn increasingly into the political struggle against the Czechoslovakian
    communist dictatorship, which he called Absurdistan. His involvement in the Charter 77 movement
    for freedom of speech won him admiration around the world.

His commitment to non-violent resistance helped ensure the velvet revolution was bloodless.
    It also help ensured that the "velvet divorce" three years later, when the country split into
    the Czech Republic and Slovakia, was equally peaceful.

Havel opposed the split and stepped down from his position as president in 1992, rather
    than oversee the process. However, he stood for the presidency of the Czech Republic
    early the following year and won. It was a non-executive position but Havel brought to
    it both moral authority and prestige on the world stage. He stayed in the position, despite
    bouts of ill health including lung cancer, until 2003.

His role in the east European revolutions of 1989 was second only to Lech Walesa's in Poland.
    As the twin inspirations of the pro-democracy movement, they were strikingly contrasting
    figures: Walesa a flamboyant, brash, working-class union agitator; Havel a soft-spoken
    intellectual from a well-to-do family, who was a reluctant politician.

He was one of a generation who came to political consciousness in the 1960s. Rock stars such as
    Frank Zappa were among his heroes and late in life he continued to sign his name with a small
    heart-shaped flourish.

His motto was: "Truth and love must prevail over lies and hate."

World leaders have paid tribute to Havel. British Prime Minister David Cameron said:
    "Havel devoted his life to the cause of human freedom. For years, communism tried to
    crush him, and to extinguish his voice. But Havel, the playwright and the dissident, could not be silenced.

"No one of my generation will ever forget those powerful scenes from Wenceslas Square two
    decades ago. Havel led the Czech people out of tyranny. And he helped bring freedom and
    democracy to our entire continent.

"Europe owes Vaclav Havel a profound debt. Today his voice has fallen silent.
    But his example and the cause to which he devoted his life will live on."

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who grew up in East Germany and went into politics
    as communism crumbled, said she learned "with great dismay" of Havel's death.

"His dedication to freedom and democracy is as unforgotten as his great humanity,"
    Merkel wrote in a message to Klaus. "We Germans also have much to thank him for.
    Together with you, we mourn the loss of a great European."

The president of the European parliament Jerzy Buzek, a former Polish prime minister and
    activist in Solidarity, wrote on Twitter: "Vaclav Havel is the figure that represents the
    Velvet Revolution and the reunification of Europe. He will be sorely missed."

Ed Miliband, leader of the Labour party in Britain, said: "Vaclav Havel was an inspirational
    figure across generations, both in his native Czech Republic and internationally.

"He fought courageously for freedom from fear and showed the power of people and politics to change the world."

Vaclav Klaus, Havel's political arch-rival who replaced him as president in 2003,
    called Havel "the symbol of the new era of the Czech state".

Foreign minister Karel Schwarzenberg added that Havel "returned dignity to the Czech nation."

In neighbouring Poland, the founder of the anti-communist Solidarity movement and
    former president Lech Walesa called Havel "a great fighter for the freedom of nations and for democracy".

"It is a great pity and a great loss. His outstanding voice of wisdom will be missed in Europe,"
    said Walesa, the 1983 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Original Article

Anonymous

R.I.P.

Memorial gathering for Vaclav Havel at Wenceslas Square in Prague, 18.12.2011

Anonymous

One of the worst persons in Czech, Moravian and Slovak history. Lier, thief, drunkard, fake dissident, tool in hands of Communists… a Jew, free-mason. Author of a phrase Humanistic bombing : "I believe that during the intervention of NATO in Kosovo there is an element nobody can question : the air attacks, the bombs, are not cause by a material interest. Their character is exclusively humanitarian." in Le Monde, 29. April 1999

Anonymous

@Svätoslava
    Um… I take it that you are not a fan of his? LOL. Most of the post-communist leaders on Slavic countries have been politically correct and Zionist friendly (practically lapdogs), this is true. But they weren't all totally bad. I can only imagine how the world will react when Wałęsa dies.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    @Svätoslava
    Um… I take it that you are not a fan of his? LOL. Most of the post-communist leaders on Slavic countries have been politically correct and Zionist friendly (practically lapdogs), this is true. But they weren't all totally bad. I can only imagine how the world will react when Wałęsa dies.

A lot of people don't like him, it's not true he was a hero for us. All of those pictures, articles, tears are just the media propaganda, it's FAKE (have a look at the first picture posted by Prelja, it's adjusted to look like there was a big crowd of people. In fact this is not such a huge crowd). If you could read discussions in Czech and Slovak internet media, you would find out most of opinions on him are negative. Only naive people glorify him.

Yes, he was all totally bad.

Anonymous

You are probably right about the media propaganda, I got the article from a British source, The Guardian. They tend to be pro-West (democracy and all that stuff)… it would be interesting to see a Czech or Slovak nationalist take on this matter. Perhaps, you could post an article with that point of view?

Anonymous

Media propaganda is quite different thing. I don’t want to engage myself in any disputes, but whoever he was and whatever he did during his mundane life, he deserves the respect as a deceased person.

Anonymous

Rest in peace.

Anonymous

Big Serbophobe and Anti-Slav, contrast with other politician of same name.

Anonymous

I personally respect his role during fall of communism, but definitely not his ZOG compliance:

Basically more intelligent version than our corrupt ZOG-puppet and alcoholic Kwaśniewski.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    it would be interesting to see a Czech or Slovak nationalist take on this matter. Perhaps, you could post an article with that point of view?

Czech and Slovak nationalists hated the animal. Havel sold the country out to the Jews and personally profited from the thefts under the privatization. He was a corrupt morally bankrupt anti Slav Serbophobe/Russophobe. A pro zionist lapdog of the USA/UK, good friends with all the globalist NWO criminals like Margaret Thatcher Madeleine Albright Tony Blair Bill Clinton and George Bush.
    The only ones mourning his passing are his Zionist friends in the west, local traitors who profited from his 'work' and a few brainwashed liberal idiots.
    The Zionist media built up a cult around this dog, proclaiming him a saint when in reality he was one of the biggest traitors of his people. Even the occupation media in Serbia is praising him, and 'our' president sent his condolences, which is really disgusting considering his statements during the NATO attacks on Serbia.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    @Svätoslava

I don´t like him too. He completly destroys heavy industry in Slovakia and released many of the most dangerous murderers in the former federation (Havels Amnesties). Miloš Zeman (respected czech politician) once said about him: "He is able only to demolish but not to build". Maybe he was a "good " philosopher but surely not politician. I respect Vaclav Klaus much more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Tujev
  • Jan Pat II
  • Nefario
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • кошка