• This topic has 8 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    A confederation of Slavic nations today, as opposed to the old style empire, would be much better.

The  only possible Slavic cooperation today is only among western Slavs. Just watch those disscusion full of hatred betwwen eastern and souther Slavs. Thanx to heaven, we western Slavs do not feel such hatred agains each other.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The  only possible Slavic cooperation today is only among western Slavs. Just watch those disscusion full of hatred betwwen eastern and souther Slavs. Thanx to heaven, we western Slavs do not feel such hatred agains each other.

Indeed, and the reasons behind it are interesting as well. Western Slavs never actually had a "chance" to fight between eachother since from West and South they always had problems with Germany and Hungary, while from East with Russia so you guys always had some kind of outer enemies.

Among South Slavs, we were never targets of teritoral ocuppations but mostly of economic interest to big powers so influences were always divided to Croats/Slovenes(Germany&Austria), Serbia(Russia), B&H(Turkey) and Catholic(Croats & Slovenes) and Orthodox religious drift was made so we eventually started to fight eachother since we became divided both in religion, politics, interest etc…

East Slavs have a similar story to South Slavs i guess, to some extent…

Quote:
    Thanx to heaven, we western Slavs do not feel such hatred agains each other.

Unfortunately those things can change very fast… prior to 19th century Croats and Serbs had no beef.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    A confederation of Slavic nations today, as opposed to the old style empire, would be much better.

We (Ukraine and Belarus) have every right to defend ourselves against Russian imperialism and chauvinism. We do not hate, we just want to survive.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We (Ukraine and Belarus) have every right to defend ourselves against Russian imperialism and chauvinism. We do not hate, we just want to survive.

This will be offtopc and I suppose to move it into battleground thread – since my first post in this thread.

I personaly would never – and again never – deny your or Belarussian right on your selfdetrmination. But for heaven, why do you need to react so hatfull on Russians? I mean the common Russians, not their government. There were also some misunderstadings between Czechs and Slovaks, but we solved it on civilized manner. Our Relationshps are now better than they were during common republic. I simply cant see the reason for the hatred that for exaple you and Sybiriak are presenting here.

Anonymous

There was some fighting between Czechoslovakia and Poland, and Slovakia even declared war on Poland.
    I am not sure whether the declaration was abolished or is still in effect  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There was some fighting between Czechoslovakia and Poland, and Slovakia even declared war on Poland.

Sure, there were some atrocities in the past. But are Slovaks And Poles somewhere fighting the same way as Serbs/Croats or Russians/Ukrainians? We are now over those atrocities, or do you feel any hate against poles? I dont thik so :)

Anonymous

There were no atrocities,  :D :D :D

And btw lately some drunken Poles wrote "Jaworina jest nasza" on some wall in Javorina.

In case others do not know, Javorina is a very little valley with a little village in Slovakia and the reason of a land dispute between PL and SK  :D :D ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There were no atrocities,  :D :D :D

And btw lately some drunken Poles wrote "Jaworina jest nasza" on some wall in Javorina.

In case others do not know, Javorina is a very little valley with a little village in Slovakia and the reason of a land dispute between PL and SK  :D :D ;D

Sorry, but some drunken idiots are not some raeson why Poles and Slovaks should hate each another. Anyway, this particular"event"occured in SME and also other newspaper and still there is no hatred among us, or is there anyting I am not informed about?

And please to a moderator, this discussion moved far from original theme, remove it , thus the Rzeczpospolita can be discuissed.
    I reccomend to create a new theme where problems within our Slavic comunty in general can be discussed. The problems our nationalities see in general. Somewhere in battleground thread

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You make some fair points. The PLC is a great part of history, but it should remain history. A confederation of Slavic nations today, as opposed to the old style empire, would be much better. And Poland is the most ethnically homogenous country in Europe. I hope Poland doesn't get swamped with immigrants. As things improve, and the country starts to look better and better, there should be anticipation of immigration and a policy drawn up.

But remember – during interwar period, Poland still were multinational – we had here Belarusians, western Ukrainians, Lithuanians, many Jews and Germans. Today's homogeneity is effect of actions after war under USSR command and commie governments (but still final voice had here "uncle Joe"), and postwar division of Europe.

For example
    /Expulsion o Germans after World War II
    and later:
    Operation Vistula

Yes, Operation Vistula was polish action, but remember, we was then under communist rule, and many of polish families suffered after resettlement their relatives and friends from childhood to another country.

I think that Davies could have right with our current "unnatural"(homogenous) state, because even after 123 years of captivity, we was still multi, and our present state was impose by force

PS. If there are some mistakes, please correct it. I'm so tired and I don't think now, so it's time to sleep!

Anonymous

Yes, Operation Vistula was polish action, but remember, we was then under communist rule, and many of polish families suffered after resettlement their relatives and friends from childhood to another country.

Operation Vistula and the expulsions of Germans, along with similar actions, basically defined the current nation state in Eastern Europe. Ethically they were wrong, forced resettlement and all, but I can't say that they didn't lend to stability. There was so much nationalism during and after the war that it probably worked out that most ended up amongst their ethnic kin.

Also, back to Davis's point, the "unnatural" Poland comment has me kind of irked now. Post 1795, practically every Slavic nation, aside from Russia was not sovereign until the USSR's fall. And Russia was only "sovereign" since all the shots were being called from Moscow. I think Slavs have yet to find their place and "natural" state of being. 20 years of freedom (more or less) is not really that long.

I also must confess to a West Slav centered bias in that last statement, I do not know that much about the history of Southern Slavs, but they were under Austria-Hungary for a long time.

Lastly, could it not be said that with the fall of the USSR, a new chapter in history arose? One where Slavs really have the chance to now forge ahead with truly their own will?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Yes, but this fighting between Poland and Czechoslovakia was only seen in 1919 and only in interwar years was borders questioned.
    During and after WWII all of this nonsense stopped. Slovakia was simply Hitler's ally and Poland was Hitler's enemy.
    So as far as me as Pole is concerned, no hard feelings at all. I doubt any Poles feel different from me, even ultra nationalists.
    Pepiki ( ;D) will always be our little brothers and comparing anything from this region to South Slav wars is pointless.

Quote:
    Sure, there were some atrocities in the past. But are Slovaks And Poles somewhere fighting the same way as Serbs/Croats or Russians/Ukrainians? We are now over those atrocities, or do you feel any hate against poles? I dont thik so :)

Atrocities? ??? That's something we West Slavs can proudly say we avoided. Worst one I can think of is probably:

Very brutal, I know. :D

Anyway, this particular"event"occured in SME and also other newspaper and still there is no hatred among us, or is there anyting I am not informed about?

There is nothing to be informed about because there is no hatred between Poles, Czechs and Slovaks.
    Worst thing happening today is perhaps that Poles find sound of Czech and Slovak languages little bit funny, like little Polish children. ;D

And please to a moderator, this discussion moved far from original theme, remove it , thus the Rzeczpospolita can be discuissed.
    I reccomend to create a new theme where problems within our Slavic comunty in general can be discussed. The problems our nationalities see in general. Somewhere in battleground thread

I was going to split topic after I posted this reply, since it did go OT little bit, but Pentaz beat me to it.

@Szczun

No mistakes there, brother. All 100% correct. ;)

Operation Vistula and the expulsions of Germans, along with similar actions, basically defined the current nation state in Eastern Europe. Ethically they were wrong, forced resettlement and all, but I can't say that they didn't lend to stability. There was so much nationalism during and after the war that it probably worked out that most ended up amongst their ethnic kin.

Of course it worked out. There is just no possibility of ethnic conflicts anymore with everyone being in their own countries.
    Worst that can happen is nationalists claiming lands now found in other countries, but nothing will go beyond that IMO.

Anonymous

I did not mean my post about drunken "atrocities" in Javorina seriously  :D

Husarz: West Slavs are not Eastern Europeans.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Husarz: West Slavs are not Eastern Europeans.

Then where in Europe are they according to you?

Anonymous
    Quote:

We are Central Europeans. Different mentalities, cultures, landscapes.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

We are Central Europeans. Different mentalities, cultures, landscapes.

Going by mentality and culture Ukraine and Belarus (except for the russophiles and areas with strong russification) should be considered "Central Europe" too what makes barely any sense from the geographical point of view.

But for heaven, why do you need to react so hatfull on Russians? I mean the common Russians, not their government.

I hate Russian mentality and Russian arrogance, especially towards us. I know that there are good and polite Russians too who do not believe in all this Muscovian bullshit but they are very rare.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Jyxia
  • kony97
  • Fia
  • slovborg
  • Tujev