• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When you see a male/female dancing together would you say that it has originated from the West or from Germanic peoples? It seems that when you see a Slavic couple dancing to folk music it is hard to believe that it was done this way centuries ago. I think the original folk dances were done in a circular fashion. It was a little too romantic to have a male and female dancing together.

Anonymous

Depends, waltz was brought here from German Austrian, polka from Czechia, Steirisch/Štajriš comes from the German-Austrian part of Styria but we gave it a Slovene note and kolo was brought here by Uskoki (it's known only in Bela krajina). Real Slovene folk dances are, I'd say, rather Slavic though there probably is a Germanic ot Italic influence in some of them. I don't know much about folk dances from other Slavic countries.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Depends, waltz was brought here from German Austrian, polka from Czechia, Steirisch/Štajriš comes from the German-Austrian part of Styria but we gave it a Slovene note and kolo was brought here by Uskoki (it's known only in Bela krajina). Real Slovene folk dances are, I'd say, rather Slavic though there probably is a Germanic ot Italic influence in some of them. I don't know much about folk dances from other Slavic countries.

Štajerc :D There are influences from other lands i agree. But waltz, polka, štajeriš are dances of younger period. Kolo is much older type of dance than polka, valček etc. It has some influences from uskoki but still is our arhaic type of dance and is not preserved only in Bela krajina. Kolo can be found also in other parts of Dolenjsko region :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Štajerc :D There are influences from other lands i agree. But waltz, polka, štajeriš are dances of younger period. Kolo is much older type of dance than polka, valček etc. It has some influences from uskoki but still is our arhaic type of dance and is not preserved only in Bela krajina. Kolo can be found also in other parts of Dolenjsko region :D

Well, our folk dances aren't my best field of knowledge, I know a bit about štajeriš …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • jorgos