• This topic has 56 voices and 108 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I am reading “A history of a Pagan Europe” by Prudence Jones and Nigel Pennick. I think it is a useful book for understanding the common roots of Europe, and how much of our old beliefs have helped shape today’s Christian religion. We needed a book that discover all the pagan beliefs of Europe, from the Greeks to the Romans, from the Celts to the Germans, from the Scandinavians to the Slavs. The book seeks to give information about the Gods, the temples, the sacrifices, beliefs and customs. I think it’s really good.

Anonymous

:)
    I'm currently reading Slovenské banky v Uhorsku (Slovak Banks In The Kingdom Of Hungary) by Marián Tkáč, a chairman of Matica slovenská (the highest Slovak cultural organization).
    It's about Slovak banks (before 1918) which were mote in eye of large Austro-Hungarian banks, because they did a financial-national policy in Slovenské stolice (Slovak counties). E. g. they gave to common people much lower annual interest on a loan (6-8%) than central banks (100%!) – which was actually an usury; and first of all they granted them ground loans, not alcohol loans. Slovak banking institutions were persecuted by state and suspected of Pan-Slavism.

Anonymous

"Hod Kroz Godinu"/"A walk through the year"

a detailed book about Slavic heathenism, traditions, songs. It's comparing east-west-south Slavic traditions, folk tales, songs and beliefs to make an understandable well constructed Slavic mythology. Great book, must read.

Anonymous

Upravo pročitah neke izabrane pripovetke Ive Andrića. Mlogo mi se sviđa. Ovo je prvi put da sam pročitao nešto Andrićevo is stvarno je dobro.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Upravo pročitah neke izabrane pripovetke Ive Andrića. Mlogo mi se sviđa. Ovo je prvi put da sam pročitao nešto Andrićevo is stvarno je dobro.

Na Drini ćuprija je dobra knjiga. Preporuke.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

Na Drini ćuprija je dobra knjiga. Preporuke.

Sledeca lektira  :)

Anonymous

Vidiš, to je zanimljiva tema. Mnogi misle da bi bilo pametno ukinuti lektire, ali je recimo mislim da bi bilo dobro samo ih malo prilagoditi. Pošto smatram da bi uopšte u školstvo trebalo više da se ulaže, onda bi bilo osigurano da svaki učenik ima pristup računaru, pa bi mogli i neki filmovi da se uvrste u lektiru, a izbaciti neke gluposti koje se nikom ne sviđaju.
    Moje omiljene lektire u srednjoj školi: Ilijada i ove pripovetke.
    S obzirom da je, ipak, Ilijada svima ostalima dosadna do bola, prihvatam da bi ona spadala u te „gluposti koje se nikom ne sviđaju".

Anonymous

Propade nam skolstvo kad se u osnovnim skolama citaju Gospodar prstenova i Hari Poter  ;)

Anonymous

I'm currently reading

Najstaršie slovenské mýty a báje
    alebo
    Svätá kniha Slovanov

The oldest Slovak myths and legends
    or
    The holy book of the Slavs

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am reading "A history of a Pagan Europe" by Prudence Jones and Nigel Pennick. I think it is a useful book for understanding the common roots of Europe, and how much of our old beliefs have helped shape today's Christian religion. We needed a book that discover all the pagan beliefs of Europe, from the Greeks to the Romans, from the Celts to the Germans, from the Scandinavians to the Slavs. The book seeks to give information about the Gods, the temples, the sacrifices, beliefs and customs. I think it's really good.

I read "A history of Pagan Europe" some 15 years ago and I loved it… especially when it came to the Baltic and Slavic stuff… Lot's of missionaries got decapitated !  ;D

I lent the book to a friend and never got it back :( 

Anonymous

Stanislaw Lem – Mír na Zemi (Pokój na Ziemi)

High quality reading :)

Anonymous

Right now I'm reading "Under the Sign of the Scorpion" by Juri Lina… it's about Freemason Illuminati Zionist Bolshevik Jews… amazing book and based only on Historical Facts.  Juri Lina knows so much it's almost insane.

There is a you-tube video called "In the Shadow of Hermes" and it's narrated by Juri Lina and based on the book…. tho the book has so much more than the video…. the video is about how Zionist Freemason Jew started Communism and how they murdered millions of Slavic people.

The Hidden History of Jewish Bolshevism & Freemasonry

Anonymous

During holiday I read books wrote by Polish writer Ciszewski – it's connection of SF and history tale. Last book I read was "King Edyp" by Sophocles. Now I'm going to read Sapkowski's the Witcher.

Anonymous

Found an old book "Srpske narodne bajke".

I also found it on english on the net, here.

If one takes time to read some of them, one will see where Jacob Grimm found inspiration for some of his fairy tales. Jacob Grimm and Vuk Stefanović Karadžić, the father of modern Serbian (as well as Croatian, Bosniak, Montenegrin), who was the first to put the Serbian folk fairy tales on paper, were good friends.

– old stories seem kind of "rough" by today's standards

Anonymous

I'm currently reading Slovansko-Árijské védy (Slavic-Aryan Vedas). I did not know anything about this book before, then I saw it in a bookshop and I bought it. The book has spiritual contents.

[img width=478 height=700]http://www.sirion.sk/user/catalog_big/107/potvrdenie-knihy-svetla-slovanske-ponimanie-sveta.jpg” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.