• This topic has 8 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Vote for your favourite nut or 2 nuts!

[img width=700 height=607]http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1430497396_1393228184.jpg”/>

Anonymous

Is this a trick question? ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

LOL Gvarda! I could say something about the celebrated manly variety, but I won't. ;)

My one and only favorite nut: Walnuts! My favorite Ukrainian bread to bake is a nut roll, made with a walnut filling. I will be making some soon for Easter.  Plus, walnuts are just plain healthy, and I always have some on my desk.

A few walnut facts:

One ounce of walnuts, or about 14 halves, has 185 calories, 4 grams of protein and carbs, 2 grams of fiber and 18 grams of fat. Of those 18 fat grams, 2 grams are saturated, 3 grams are monounsaturated and the rest is polyunsaturated.

Walnuts are the only nut that contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. That means they’re good for not only cardiovascular health but also building muscle and losing fat.

Lightly toasted walnuts make an excellent addition to a number of dishes. Toss them in salads, add them to green beans sautéed in olive oil or sprinkle them on Greek yogurt. Alternatively, invest in some walnut oil. It’s expensive and not ideal for cooking (high temperatures degrade its flavor and nutrient profile), but it makes a great base for salad dressings.

Walnuts’ fat content makes them prone to rotting. Store shelled nuts in the freezer or fridge to improve their longevity.

Anonymous
    Quote:

ask the girl I was with last nite  8) I think she'd say almonds.

Anonymous

I refuse to discuss my 2 favorite nuts on a public forum.

Anonymous
    Quote:

<br /;D” title=”>;D” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

Anonymous
    Quote:

Oh, here we draw the line? ;D Ok. :)

Anonymous

For some reason, I have a suspicion 5xa's 2 favorite nuts are Jewish.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    For some reason, I have a suspicion 5xa's 2 favorite nuts are Jewish.

He should post a pic so we can classify 'em. ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:

Indeed! European nuts are different from American or Jewish ones. So I hear. ;)

Are almond trees common in Ukraine? My Aunt Marfa used to send us a huge shoe box (!) full of almonds every year until her death. (Not from Ukraine, but California, where she immigrated. She planted almond trees in her yard there.)

Anonymous

Sunkist Pistachios Commercial – "Everybody knows the best nuts come from California."

Sunkist Pistachios …
    although some posters here might give them a run for their money …

Anonymous
    Quote:

Posting a pic and nuts should not be in the same train of thought :D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • jorgos
  • Tujev
  • Fia