• This topic has 20 voices and 49 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Since there are some more Ukrainians here now, it's time to ask this. I'll write my answer as soon as the first person has responded, I do not want to risk writing a pathos-laden response and then be the only one to post. I'm curious to see your opinions.

Anonymous

No replies? :-

Anonymous

Having some of the sexiest women, awesome food and kick ass history on which you can be proud and it inclueds Vikings, Slavs and pure Slavic Waaghhh-fare!!! ;D

Oh yeah and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are placed in Ukraine :)

After Zimbabwe I consider it my sevent home ;)

Anonymous

Looks like we need some more Ukrainians in this forum.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Looks like we need some more Ukrainians in this forum.

I was speculating that at least Kanadets or Mavka would answer :-
    Okay, besides them and me there are no active Ukrainian users here ;D

Quote:
    Having some of the sexiest women, awesome food and kick ass history on which you can be proud and it inclueds Vikings, Slavs and pure Slavic Waaghhh-fare!!! ;D

All true, although Vikings didn't play any significant role. I don't know why the theory of Viking involvement in forming Rus is so popular among some historians.

Quote:
    Oh yeah and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are placed in Ukraine :)

8) S.T.A.L.K.E.R rules!!!

Anonymous

For me personally? Being Ukrainian is something I wish our nobility had more respect for in older times for our Eastern brethren.
    I really wish our history had turned out differently.

Anonymous

Knowing that I am descendent of the Kyivan Rus is great, knowing that my ancestors have their part in the history of Europe as one of the most powerful states is part of it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    For me personally? Being Ukrainian is something I wish our nobility had more respect for in older times for our Eastern brethren.

Sadly, changing history is impossible. However, I am sure the future will bring some serious improvements for both of us :)

To me knowing that I am a descendant of the Scythians, Kyivan Rus and the Cossacks motivates me to live up to my heritage. Whenever I feel stagnant or lazy, I remind myself of what I am and who my ancestors were.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Sadly, changing history is impossible. However, I am sure the future will bring some serious improvements for both of us :)

Yeah, history cannot be changed, only learned from. The greatest problems are fundamentally insolvable, they can only be outgrown.

Quote:
    To me knowing that I am a descendant of the Scythians, Kyivan Rus and the Cossacks motivates me to live up to my heritage. Whenever I feel stagnant or lazy, I remind myself of what I am and who my ancestors were.

Well put.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Ha! Imperialism detected! Ukraine between the Poles and the Russians looks mush like Poland between Nemtsami and Russkimi (Rosijanamy). ::) ;D

Anonymous

To me being a Ukranian is in the words of American teenagers, "Beasting 24/7"

Anonymous
    Quote:
    To me being a Ukranian is in the words of American teenagers, "Beasting 24/7"

And what exactly that means? :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And what exactly that means? :)

In American slang, beasting means doing excedingly well at something, or being very impressive.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In American slang, beasting means doing excedingly well at something, or being very impressive.

I see. Well this is realy good then! :D

Anonymous

People in Bulgaria say – "Macedonia is the most romantic part of Bulgarian history"…well…for me "Ukraine is the most romantic part of my family history" :) I don't know why (I've never been to Ukraine, we've never really talked about Ukraine in my family, I don't speak more than a few words in Ukrainian etc.) but I hold really dear this 25% of my blood that are Ukrainian! ;D My image of the country is probably very idealistic/simplistic – beautiful language, fascinating history, cossacks (btw I have cossacks in my family), great music – but I don't care if I'm being naive -> I just love Ukraine and love being at least partly Ukrainian! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • GOGA
  • ca$hbunni
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Nefario