• This topic has 4 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello.

I was playing "The Witcher 2" again, and I've heard this intro, but now I've searched for it. It is a song of Żywiołak band, from Poland. But the name of it is written in cyrillic. I cannot hear any word from it and I'm curious – what is the language they sing?

The Witcher 2 intro music (Żywiołak – Ой Ти, Петре, Петре)

//Ukrainian?

Anonymous

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%C5%BBywio%C5%82ak/Nowa_Ex-Tradycja/221061

Idk, however 'metal archives' gives the lyrics if you're interested in those :)

Anonymous

Cool song. It almost sounds like Serbian old ethnic Byzantine music (just one note is not the same, the rest is)

It sounds quite similar to this Serbian song from Kosovo, called Shto si setna nevesela

Vidovdanski vidici 8, kaval, Sto si setna, nevesela

Anonymous

Wow. I like it too. But by hear I understand now only "vino". ^_^

Abv, so maybe Ukrainian. Obviously not Russian, due to "I" letter presence. Not sure however.

Anonymous

Do you think it could be Bulgarian?

Anonymous

It cannot. "I/i" letter is absent in Bulgarian. There is the same way as in Russian.

Anonymous

But it is in Cyrillic writing.

Anonymous

But it changes nothing. There is no such letter, there is "и" not "i". So it cannot be Bulgarian as in lyrics is "I" letter.

Has to be Ukrainian.

Anonymous

Cześć!

Zgodnie z opisem w książeczce z tekstami jest to dawna pieśń ukraińska.
    According to the description in the booklet it's a traditional Ukrainian song.

Anonymous

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • jorgos
  • Fia
  • Tujev