• This topic has 7 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What literature/authors/books do you like the most?

Let us share some tips!

I like:

Andrzej Sapkowski – short stories about the Witcher, The Witcher Saga, both are a kind of fantasy realism, The Hussite trilogy – historical with fantasy elements; his latest book "Źmija" just appeared in stores and has a surprisingly low price – I grab it as soon as I get paid  ;)

Henryk Sienkiewicz – his great historical Trilogy

Jaroslav Hašek – Osudy dobrého vojáka Švejka za světové války (The Fateful Adventures of the Good Soldier Švejk During the World War)

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien – especially The Silmarillion and The Unfinished Tales (both compiled by his son Christopher after death of his father)

Markus Heitz – his Dwarves saga, Legends of Albae (all fantasy) and I grab some of his Ulldart saga as soon as I get those damned euros.

These are certainly my most favourite.

Anonymous

Mostly read classics, Serbian and Russian particulary, like Dostoyevsky (the best), Gogolj, Gorki etc.

Also like history books, books about mythology and folklore.

I would like to read more, but can't manage it. (day too short!)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Mostly read classics, Serbian and Russian particulary, like Dostoyevsky (the best), Gogolj, Gorki etc.

Also like history books, books about mythology and folklore.

I would like to read more, but can't manage it. (day too short!)

Hohol/Gogol was actually Ukrainian, though depressingly russophile  ;)

My favourite author would be H.P. Lovecraft, the godfather of horror fiction and the creator of the notorious Cthulhu-Mythos.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hohol/Gogol was actually Ukrainian, though depressingly russophile  ;)

I bet it wouldn't be a case if he was born in western Ukraine.

Quote:
    My favourite author would be H.P. Lovecraft, the godfather of horror fiction and the creator of the notorious Cthulhu-Mythos.

Like Stephen King?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    Hohol/Gogol was actually Ukrainian, though depressingly russophile  ;)

I bet it wouldn't be a case if he was born in western Ukraine.

True. We Western Ukrainians are for some reason less likely to forget our roots than our Eastern brothers.

Quote:

Like Stephen King?

Stephen King's work seems like these "Harry Potter"-books compared to Lovecraft  8)
    Not that I dislike King, I really enjoyed many of his books but Lovecraft is quite a few steps higher.

Anonymous

Dostoyevsky is legend and Ivo Andric is also, you should read "Na Drini cuprija", f****ng awesome book !

Anonymous

Just finished reading Źmija, the newest book by A. Sapkowski. Quite impressive, as always.

Anonymous

I am just reading the Light Fantastic (a Discworld novel) by Terry Pratchett, and I must say it is one of the craziest books I have ever read, together with Osudy dobrého vojáka Švejka za světové války by J. Hašek and Narrenturm by A. Sapkowski  ;D

I recommend  ;)

Anonymous

Stanislaw Lem – The Return from Stars.

Really good and impressive.

Anonymous

Stanislaw Lem – Solaris.

An incredibly haunting psychodramatic story. One that leaves reader thinking really much about really strange things.

Anonymous

Solaris movie is good too.  :)

Anonymous

Mainly read political/historija/philosophy books and non-fiction classics. Only classics.

Anonymous

JAROSLAV HASEK is the best

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Nefario
  • Tujev
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • kony97