• This topic has 19 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I like Medieval Europe in general, regardless of country, and am a big Viking fan as well
    When I was younger I went through a period of fascination with Native American culture. I still like it, but not like I used to, especially since I discovered my own heritage. I also like Finland and her culture for alot of reasons. Are any of you interested in or admirers of any non slavic cultures or histories?

Anonymous

I'm most well read in the history of ancient Greece. I like the history of battles with the Persians and their exuberant discovery of rational thought. The Vikings are also extraordinary, but I know less about them.

Anonymous

I guess Australian culture, and Ancient Greek Mythology aspect of Greek culture.

Anonymous

Besides Slavic it would be not Germanic as whole but particularly Norse, then reading about old-Baltic is interesting too since i know very little about them and they're relatively an off-shot of Slavic culture.
    Then i'd say pagan era Roman, and lately Indian due to Indo-European connections so i'm interested in Sanskrit, Vedic scriptures and such stuff.

Anonymous

I'm interested in Scottish and Japanese history and culture. Actually the whole European history but specially the Napoleonic era and the world wars.

Anonymous

Almost every other White culture is interesting to me.

The Medieval period was always my interest, since my early childhood.

Also, I was fascinated with the "barbarian" people from European Antiquity. Celts, Germani, and especially the Paleo-Balkan peoples… The lack of historical evidences just boosts up my imagination.

At the time, I was very fascinated with the achievements of the peripheral and exotic whites like the Aryans and Tocharians.

Most lately, I enjoyed reading about the people of the steppes: Sarmatians, Scythians, etc.

From the other World cultures, I admire achievements of the East Asian civilizations, and the morals and values of the Native Americans (from Northern America). However, they are no match for our glorious culture! :P :D

Anonymous

Germanic, Baltic, Japanese, Celtic, Greek, Roman. (In that order)

Basically these are the only people besides Slavs who actually HAVE a culture.

Anonymous

Have no idea why Indian culture sometimes interests me ,but it's like a side interest.basically every culture in the darg ages and late medieval era interest me :3

Anonymous

Nakh cultures interest me.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Basically these are the only people besides Slavs who actually HAVE a culture.

its funny becasue its untrue  ;D

I find every culture quite interesting, I even had a period when I wanted to be an antropologist  ;D
    right now I find quite interesting cultures of european dark ages, turkic, mongol and caucausian cultures quite interesting

Anonymous

I find all histories and cultures interesting but obviously European is most interesting. One of most interesting periods are for me middle ages and era's up to 19th century especially in broad Alpine and pre-Alpine area. :P :D

Anonymous

As a history teacher,  i find many things about other cultures interesting.  I'm probably weakest with Indian culture and history.  Ironically the school i teach in and the town i live in are now 20% Indian and Pakistani.  I do enjoy Westerns European and Japanese culture.  Scandinavians are great too.  I love how they went from the feared and terrible Norsemen to the feared and terrible IKEA company 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As a history teacher

So you're a teacher ,eh? Do you have students that are interested in Slavic history ?

Anonymous

Some are,  we have large Polish and Slovak populations here as well as Russians, Ukrainian and Rusyns.  Then you have kids who are world war two buffs.  NJ  is a very mixed bag of people

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Germanic, Baltic, Japanese, Celtic, Greek, Roman

This, plus Persian culture. Also, lately I have become increasingly interested in Korean culture and history (mainly thanks to Husarz :D).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.