• This topic has 12 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

For me potatoes with sour cabbage out of competition. ;D

Anonymous

Not without a bloodsausage. :D

Anonymous

Пироги!
    (and I hate борщ)

Anonymous

Sausages are good but I prefer arctic pink salmon(Горбуша) with lemon juice  ;)

abv, I think Borsch Ukrainian dish, although very common in Russia.

Anonymous

Not really pure Russian, but from everything I know palačinki seem the most familiar and normal. Don't you guys eat also donuts with sauerkraut?

Anonymous

Never heard of that, but be sure to try the case.

Anonymous

I was told so by my dad who experienced that in Russia. I think it wouldn't be bad with some aditional meat.

Anonymous

Lemon juice is Ukrainian too. ;)
    I prefer borsch for the first course and too many other dishes to mention as well.

Anonymous

I have never tried any Russian food sadly. Borscht with red sauce looks great on pictures. Pink sauce borscht i must try once in life just out of curiosity thow i read its cold, something unimaginable to me. To bad such food isnt on menue for school.

The one food i know how it tastes is buckwheat kasha. This is becouse buchwheat kaša is traditional here too. This is definetly good food.

Fun facts; do you know what there was all but yelling if you wanted to eat cold soup in our family. Haha. Btw here boršt means forest. ;D

Anonymous

It could be connected with Russian 'бор' (bor) (coniferous forest).

Btw, borsch can have different flavors. I personally don't like when borsch is sour. But I don't like sour food generally.

Anonymous

Borsch is a Ukrainian dish originally.  Now, the dish is part of the cuisine in several countries.  It is cooked in Russia, Belarus, Poland and the Baltic states.  The red colour comes from beetroot, which is Ukrainian variety if I am not mistaken.  Russians have their own traditional soup similar to Borsch called Schee. Borsch maybe more popular than Shchee in southern Russia. The name Borsch comes from a plant name Borschevik (Heracleum sphondylium). :)

Anonymous

It's surely so in Kuban. Actually, I can't regard borsch other than a part of our (Kuban) cuisine. It's not like for example spaghetti, which is perceived as Italian dish.

Anonymous

Pancakes.

Anonymous

What's the name for beetroot in Kuban? Svekla or Burjak?

Anonymous

It's 'svekla'. But one can often here 'burjak' in the countryside. I think 'burjak' is part of Balachka.

to Gvarda
    Btw, those people who speak Balachka should be descendants of Ukrainian Cossacks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.