• This topic has 24 voices and 52 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

At the moment I think that it should be Slovak. It is a West Slavic language, but probably closest one to the East Slavic languages, and together with Czech shares some traits with the South Slavic languages.

It is a living language, so basically you don't need develop/reconstruct anything.

It is a language of a state, and as expected it is well-developed and is still developing. There exist a lot of dictionaries and grammars.

Slovakia is in the centre of Slavia.

Slovakia has hardly ever been imperialist towards other Slavs, and its neighbours hold no grudge against Slovaks. This makes their language "neutral".

Anonymous

Russian.

Anonymous

Well, I heard that some panslavic meeting has made decision that slovak language is the oldest from all of slavic languages. Anyone has any info about that?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, I heard that some panslavic meeting has made decision that slovak language is the oldest from all of slavic languages. Anyone has any info about that?

http://dolezite.sk/Slovensky_jazyk_je_najstarsi_slovansky_jazyk_45.html

V posledním odstavci.

A ještě tady je o tom něco.

http://beo.sk/historia/543-velkoslovenska-risa-2-cast

Anonymous

….dolezite.sk
    ….beo.sk

"sources"  ;D ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Old Church Slavonic is South Slavic language. Based on dialect of Slavs near Thessaloniki, it has some elements of Western Slavic vernaculares. If we speak about languages closest to it, geneticaly that are Bulgarian and Macedonian. Altough due to their evolution, there is no that much similarites now.

Anyway on topic. Hard to say. Russian is most logical answer, but some people have bad feeling over it. Slovak do have interesting features. Standard Slovak is for sure understandable in some degree to Southern, Western and Eastern Slavs, but it has relatively small number of speakers, complex phonetics, and Slovakia does not posses strong economy (nor the other Slavic countries acctually), nor political influence which would motivate other Slavs to learn language properly. But Slovak is beutifull language :D

Anonymous

With a 140 million people and the largest nation on earth,  Russian would be the logical choice. 

Anonymous

Feel however you want about it but Russian is the obvious answer.

Anonymous

This is propably my tenth (maybe more) panslavic forum, where people are disscusing possibility of picking any natural living slavic language as common panslavic language.

Unfortunately, in no one forum before, was made any choice and if it was made, nobody learn the chosen language or even write short column in it.
    Yep, somewhere there was an attempt in writing,  everybody in our own languages , but after short time, it has shift again in the english.

I met only two forums, where people were able to made some decisions, and they are groups of people using interslavic (any of existing version), one of them on zeta board forum and others two in FB. Unfortunately they are very small group of enthusiasts, who are able to produce some writting text, and just a little more  of passive readers.

For big and vast mayority, there is only one panslavic living languge, and it is English (as we can see in this forum)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This is propably my tenth (maybe more) panslavic forum, where people are disscusing possibility of picking any natural living slavic language as common panslavic language.

Unfortunately, in no one forum before, was made any choice and if it was made, nobody learn the chosen language or even write short column in it.
    Yep, somewhere there was an attempt in writing,  everybody in our own languages , but after short time, it has shift again in the english.

I met only two forums, where people were able to made some decisions, and they are groups of people using interslavic (any of existing version), one of them on zeta board forum and others two in FB. Unfortunately they are very small group of enthusiasts, who are able to produce some writting text, and just a little more  of passive readers.

For big and vast mayority, there is only one panslavic living languge, and it is English (as we can see in this forum)

The admin of Slavorum, Perun, put traffic statistics on the forum recently. The majority of Slavorum visitors are living outside of Slavic countries. Many active participants are not from Slavic countries either. You cannot expect these people to use pan-slavic language if they haven’t learned the language of their parents properly. Sometimes it feels like some members people would not have been on Slavorum but for the English language they can understand.

Concering Pan-Slavic language.
    There are 150mln of native Russian speakers. Probably there are as many non-native speakers in former republics and abroad. In addition, there is a large volume of of information published in Russian on various subjects. In many instances the information is translated in English. These are the pros for the Russian language. However, there are important cons. If people don’t want to learn the language for one reason or the other, then they won’t learn it or they will refuse to use it.  If Russian langauge has not been picked as the pan-Slavic language already, then there is a reason why that has not happened.

The alrternative could be Slovak or Slovene language. Both are living languages, both nations haven’t pinched the butts of their Slavic brothers or sisters in the past. There are no strong negative feelings towards them to my knowledge.  All arguments the OP presents in favour of Slovak language are logical and sensible except that either Slovak or Slovene is of a small nation which will be used by enthusiasts only.The languages will be used by a smaller number of people than we already have for the Russian language.

I don’t hold a grudge on any language. I’d pick any Slavic language we agree up on.

Anonymous

And that is why I am telling that English is just one world-broadly accepted panslavic language.

Sviatogor…….You cannot expect these people to use pan-slavic language if they haven’t learned the language of their parents properly.

I do not expect even slavic person born in some slavic country speaking properly their slavic mother tongue to learn any other slavic language.
    That is reality. People are already using english betwen so similiar slavic languages like a czech/polish/slovak, or in other way betwen bcs/slovenian/macedonian.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And that is why I am telling that English is just one world-broadly accepted panslavic language.

Russian is used in eastern Slavic countries.Serbo-Croatian mainly in the Balkans except for Bulgaria. I am not sure on this. Czechs, Moravians, Slovaks understand each other well without using English. English is used as the  language of choice between southern, western and eastern Slavs of younger generation or immigrant communities.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Russian is used in eastern Slavic countries.Serbo-Croatian mainly in the Balkans except for Bulgaria. I am not sure on this. Czechs, Moravians, Slovaks understand each other well without using English. English is used as the  language of choice between southern, western and eastern Slavs of younger generation or immigrant communities.

Yep, the stage of our brainwashing has already reach the ireversible line, as we are translating the word "kolovrat" betwen themself as a "spinning wheel", which is little bit sad, but reality :)))

Anonymous

Russian is already used as lingua franca, among those who speak it. With my poor Russian I was able to communicate to a certain degree with Ukrainians, Bulgarians, and even older Poles, Czechs and Slovaks that learned it in school or elsewhere. Lingua Franca is determined by the influence, like France had then, England>America has now. Russia among the Slavic nations has the greatest influence, so it is logically Russian, Russophobes will however always disagree.

However Medžuslavjanski is a great alternative, since it doesn't require learning in order to understand it. So there goes my vote.

Anonymous

Medžuslovjanski sounds good. It's a mix of all Slavic languages, so it would be easier for all Slavs to learn it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Nexius
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • Glockamole
  • GOGA