• This topic has 14 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So which non-Slavic language you think is most usefull? You must consider this from your perspective. I mean economic, political, historic, etc. ties. with your people or country. For me and my country i would say German. I don't speak it very well but now i have decided to fully learn it. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So which non-Slavic language you think is most usefull? You must consider this from your perspective. I mean economic, political, historic, etc. ties. with your people or country. For me and my country i would say German. I don't speak it very well but now i have decided to fully learn it. :D

I would guess that, in today's world, the most important language is English  :P But you never know what might happen, maybe we should already start learning Chinese ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would guess that, in today's world, the most important language is English  :P But you never know what might happen, maybe we should already start learning Chinese ;D

English is great but knowing English has no big meaning in Slovenia since most younger folks here can speak it. Most of our economy has ties with Germany and Austria if i exclude Slavic countries. :D

Anonymous

Well, if you want to keep update with academical researches it is English. I would also say it is lingua franca of Economy. Even heard about Craotian bussines delegation in Germany, which was advised to conduct presentations in English (altough all of them were fluent in German).

Anonymous

today is most important english.

Anonymous

On the global scale English for sure but various ones on the more local scale. Like German, French or Spanish and you surely did notice the growing influence of Chinese. Maybe some Swahili for Africa?  ;D

Anonymous

for central europe: english and german

Anonymous

English, by far. Second, French and Spanish and German.

Anonymous

And over here it's Spanish….

Anonymous

In general, the "best" languages to learn in this day and age are as follows:

English, Chinese (Mandarin is more useful than Cantonese), French, Arabic, Japanese, German, Spanish, any Slavic language (purely for academic purposes).

I've probably forgotten a few, but that seems to sum it up in a very broad sense.

Anonymous

Spanish is very useful here.
    If you can speak Arabic, Mandarin, or Persian, you can make big bucks in the State Department or intelligence agencies.

Anonymous

English,Seems to be the new language of business and international communication. Hey, we aren't speaking German or Spanish to communicate with each other over this forum right now lol.

Anonymous

English, German, Chinese, French…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    English,Seems to be the new language of business and international communication. Hey, we aren't speaking German or Spanish to communicate with each other over this forum right now lol.

Of course in Canada it is French.  Not only French but québécois French.  My dad is fluent in French and they expect him to speak their version not literary French.  I was looking at Canadian immigration and you get no points for any language besides Frenchv

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Of course in Canada it is French.  Not only French but québécois French.  My dad is fluent in French and they expect him to speak their version not literary French.  I was looking at Canadian immigration and you get no points for any language besides French.

Well, what else could one expect? There's no profit if you can speak f. ex. Arabian or Rusyn fluently if you can't even buy bread in the country. But I've noticed the French and Walloons being gifted for incometence. So I guess French Canadians can't be much better. ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • CivilixXXX
  • jorgos
  • haver25
  • GOGA
  • slovborg