• This topic has 27 voices and 52 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

We pretty much had conflicts as an Ethnicity with all of them, thought again wars happen and pass, things move on. So your general opinion on which of those do you consider to be friendly to Slavs, and should be considered welcome? Write your opinion as well.

Anonymous

I have always seen those Baltic states (Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia) as racially Slavicized, even culturally speaking they have many common things with Slavic ethnicity. On example Perun is a Slavic thunder God, while Finns have Perunika.

Anonymous

I think all of them can, but it also depends to which Slavic countries.

Greeks are friendly to Bulgarians and Serbs, but not to Macedonians.
    Romanians are friendly to Serbs and Bulgarians, but not to Ukrainians.
    Germans are friendly to most Slavs, but not to Poles and Russians.
    Balts are friendly to most Slavs, but not to Russians.
    Hungarians are not friendly to most Slavs, only Poles, Croats, Slovenes, Bulgarians and Czechs.
    Austrians and Swedes to my knowledge, have no problems with any Slavs. We have had wars in past, but relations in general I think are good.
    Moldavians probably don't like any Slavs, or don't care about those they don't like.

Hehe, hard to say.

Anonymous

Lithuanians leading for now!  :P

Anonymous

I think it would probably be easier to have multichoice option for this poll. There are too many one could pick.

Anonymous

I voted for Romania, because with them threw history we have the best relations, but recently the state Romania carried out propaganda among the Vlachs in Serbia to declare themselves as Romanians, also there has some interchurch disputes, etc.

Nor to Czechs, Luzicki Serbi, Serbs or anyone else, they just look for their own interest.

Same thing for other nations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I voted for Romania, because with them threw history we have the best relations, but recently the state Romania carried out propaganda among the Vlachs in Serbia to declare themselves as Romanians, also there has some interchurch disputes, etc.

Yes indeed, i believe that Romanians where never in any serious conflict with any of the Slavic states.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Nor to Czechs, Luzicki Serbi, Serbs or anyone else, they just look for their own interest.

I was refering to present day situations, not historical ones. Otherwise, indeed, I agree with you.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Well essentially everybody just looks for it's own interest so it's not such a shocker.

Anonymous

Maybe Lithuanians, because of theirs story, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Maybe Lithuanians, because of theirs story, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.

I read once that Lithuanians were kind of oppressed during that commonwealth from more powerful and bigger Poland in terms of who's ruling the commonwealth and political dominance over it so many Lithuanians don't find it the brightest part of their history, is that true?

Anonymous

Yes, it's true. Polonization of Lithuanian nobility and folk was forced by Polish szlachta.
    Lithuania was oncer massive country but Polish crown basically Polonized everything south of Belarussian/Lithuanian border.
    Russians then came and did their thing in what was Eastern Poland and Lithuania remained tiny Baltic country.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hungarians are not friendly to most Slavs, only Poles, Croats, Slovenes, Bulgarians and Czechs.
    Austrians and Swedes to my knowledge, have no problems with any Slavs. We have had wars in past, but relations in general I think are good.

Uff …

As a Styrian I can't agree on Germans being friendly … Definetly not towards us. Hitler hated our guts. ;D But today we're mostly good.
    Austrians … They sure have problems with Slovenia for years. Austrian Carinthians and Styrians don't like us, at best. ;)
    Hungarians aren't really friendly to us if you ask me. It's just that we don't have much business with them and they don't with us. We leave their minority in peace and they do ours.

Otherwise I dislike most of the above listed. :P I voted for Latvians, they're the only guys of whom I haven't heard to cause any trouble to their neighbours or Slavs in general.

Anonymous

For Croats it would be the Hungarians and Italians that can be counted as the most friendly.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes, it's true. Polonization of Lithuanian nobility and folk was forced by Polish szlachta.
    Lithuania was oncer massive country but Polish crown basically Polonized everything south of Belarussian/Lithuanian border.
    Russians then came and did their thing in what was Eastern Poland and Lithuania remained tiny Baltic country.

Not entirely accurate. Only upper class was Polonised in Lithuania, eastern Latvia, Belarus and Ukraine. People outside of urban areas, who accounted for 80-85% of the population in those days, spoke their native tongues.

After Lublin Union the territories of present day Lithuania, Belarus and eastern Latvia remained as part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania  which had its own constitution and administrative laws. However, much of Ukrainian territories were part of kingdom of Poland during Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Also, the country's full name was the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Ruthenia, Samogitia, and others. It's wasn't just the country Lithuania that was big.

I voted for Lithuania due to historical ties with whom my ancestors lived peacefully for the most part of the history in the last 1,500 years or so. Also, Lithuanians' ancestors were Slavs' allies in many battles against common enemies. Latvia could have been another choice if multiple choice was an option.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.