• This topic has 30 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My grandfather always told me we (Czechs) where close to Serb(Srpski)/Mongtenegrins(Crna-Gorski) and Macedonians (Makedonski).<br />Which Slavic Nation are you and your people close to?<br />All? Some? None?<br />Interested to learn . . .<br />Thanks for reply, this is my first start-post (sorry if I make mistakes, I am new to Slavorum)<br />

Anonymous

Bosniaks, Serbs, Croats are closest to each other.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Bosniaks, Serbs, Croats are closest to each other.

Of course, linguistically with Montenegrins/Cerna-Gorski, and with regards to both being in former Yugoslavia perhaps Macedonians/Makedonski, any difference for today? Perhaps with different reactions with Kosovo, etc?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My grandfather always told me we (Czechs) where close to Serb(Srpski)/Mongtenegrins(Crna-Gorski) and Macedonians (Makedonski).
    Which Slavic Nation are you and your people close to?
    All? Some? None?
    Interested to learn . . .
    Thanks for reply, this is my first start-post (sorry if I make mistakes, I am new to Slavorum)

I really fail to see a similarity between Czechs and Serbs,Montenegrins and Macedonians…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My grandfather always told me we (Czechs) where close to Serb(Srpski)/Mongtenegrins(Crna-Gorski) and Macedonians (Makedonski).

And have you heard that story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech,_%C4%8Cech,_and_Rus ? :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Of course, linguistically with Montenegrins/Cerna-Gorski, and with regards to both being in former Yugoslavia perhaps Macedonians/Makedonski, any difference for today? Perhaps with different reactions with Kosovo, etc?

Montenegrins are Serbs and they speak Serbian. People in Montenegro speak either Eastern Herzegovinian (my dialect, and I am few hundred kilometers from Montenegro) or Zeta-Raškan dialect (spoken in Both Serbia and Montenegro)

Personaly, I allways finde Slovak more inteligible to South Slavs, altough we had more cultural ties with Czechs, and I think we are pretty close with Czechs.

Anonymous

I guess that Ukrainians and Belarussians are very close to each other. As well as Serbs – Croats and possibly Czechs – Slovaks.

And what do youse think about Croats related to Little Poles? Or Serbs to Lusitians? In XIX some people of Little Polish origin declared their nationality in US census as "White Croat". In modern Poland it's explained that Austrian propaganda tried to deny Little Polish relation to Poland. However, there are some similar toponyms both in Croatia and Little Poland. And I'd like to ask Croats: is it truth that there is Croatian legend about seven tribes from Poland?

Anonymous

yeah…7 tribes…but legend says 7 names representing 7 tribes – Klukas, Lovelos, Kozencis, Muhlo and Hrovat…and two female names (tribes) – Tuga i Vuga… :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    yeah…7 tribes…but legend says 7 names representing 7 tribes – Klukas, Lovelos, Kozencis, Muhlo and Hrovat…and two female names (tribes) – Tuga i Vuga… :D

Klukas sounds like Kljukac. In Slovenia we have word Kljukec for naught boy. :D

Word Hrovat is obvious and Muhlo has several meanings. Mulo can mean stubborn person most often youg lad. Kozencis is maybe Kocenčič? Lovelos that is most odd maybe he was Greek. :D

Tuga i Vuga yeah that i heard before too. Legendary names. :D Here some folks say druga vuga which has no literate meaning. I cant explain it sorry. :(

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Klukas sounds like Kljukac. In Slovenia we have word Kljukec for naught boy. :D

Word Hrovat is obvious and Muhlo has several meanings. Mulo can mean stubborn person most often youg lad. Kozencis is maybe Kocenčič? Lovelos that is most odd maybe he was Greek. :D

Tuga i Vuga yeah that i heard before too. Legendary names. :D Here some folks say druga vuga which has no literate meaning. I cant explain it sorry. :(

Tuga and Vuga are often explained as 2 tribes that weren't equal to 5 other tribes, or as 2 tribes that came later :O

Anonymous

Hmm Im sure similarities do exist between Czechs and Serbs, Montenegrins, and Macedonians however I would pretty surely say they arent the closest. Logically the closest people to Czechs would be Slovaks- little debate here. Next it could get interesting as it would be a rather close contest between Poles and Slovenians. Slovenians, Czechs and Slovaks all seem to have a central european or sort of almost German like mentality which the other west slav the Poles dont really exhibit. Then you have the East Slav mentality and finally South Slavic. So no I dont really see how Serbs, Montenegrins and Macedonians are closest to Czechs. 

Anonymous

No doubt Czechs and Slovaks are the closest nations not only in slavic world but in the whole world.

Anonymous

well I would say Slovaks are a bit more ..hot-blooded  ;D

Anonymous

czechs and slovaks are the same the language and custums are 95% the same

yugoslavs to me are all the same the only thing that divides them is religion. serbo-croatian is the langague with many regional dialects.

in my opinion the above are the same in my eyes.

Anonymous
    Quote:

czechs and slovaks are the same the language and custums are 95% the same

That is not true at all.

Quote:
    well I would say Slovaks are a bit more ..hot-blooded  ;D

Well, I would say Czechs are a bit more… crazy.

No doubt Czechs and Slovaks are the closest nations not only in slavic world but in the whole world.

How can you say that? IMO you don't know other nations enough to claim this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.