• This topic has 23 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Silesia?

Rusynia?

Sorbia?

Transnistria?

Anonymous

In the first place Lužické Serbja. After all genocides and Germanisations, they managed to preserve national being and deserve the right to a sovereign state, otherwise it will inevitably disappear as a nation.

Anonymous

In my point of view, definitely Ruthenians/Rusnaci in north-east carpathians and Lusatian Sorbs in eastern Germany. But that Sorbs case I see as not possible in present day conditions. The Ruthenian case is much more probable and acceptable.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In my point of view, definitely Ruthenians/Rusnaci in north-east carpathians and Lusatian Sorbs in eastern Germany. But that Sorbs case I see as not possible in present day conditions. The Ruthenian case is much more probable and acceptable.

I think Sorbs are a too small community to be some kind of a state since there's around 80,000 of them, don't you think? Thought it would be shame if they would completely assimilate into Germany, they have well preserved their Slavdom even after all this time.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I think Sorbs are a too small community to be able to actually for some kind of a state since there's around 80,000 of them, don't you think? Thought it would be shame if they would completely assimilate into Germany, thought they have well preserved their Slavdom even after all this time.

Exactly, their low numbers are their ultimate obstacle to gain any kind of autonomy.

Anonymous

Personally, I think Sorbs and Rusyns deserve it most. As small as their nations are, they deserve own home state. Germany as compensation should get Switzerland, Austria and Liechtenstein, since they are all Germans anyway. Ukraine could get compensated with Transnistria.

Silesians and Kaszubians together with Poles make one one nation, Lechitic branch of Western Slavs, so they are in right country, though indeed perhaps as compromise, Poland could be renamed to Lechia.

Transnistria, I don't know, but I don't think Moldova should be partitioned, unless they rejoin with Romania (which they should), then it should become part of Ukrainel.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Personally, I think Sorbs and Rusyns deserve it most. As small as their nations are, they deserve own home state. Germany as compensation should get Switzerland, Austria and Liechtenstein, since they are all Germans anyway. Ukraine could get compensated with Transnistria.

Silesians and Kaszubians together with Poles make one one nation, Lechitic branch of Western Slavs, so they are in right country, though indeed perhaps as compromise, Poland could be renamed to Lechia.

Transnistria, I don't know, but I don't think Moldova should be partitioned, unless they rejoin with Romania (which they should), then it should become part of Ukrainel.

Well this is how the thing are at the moment:

Rusyns – 1.2 million (but scattered around Europe)
    Sorbs – 70,000
    Silesians – Germany: ~3,600,000

Imo only Silesians are able to ask for autonomy since there is 3 600 000 of them, which would be a smaller but efficient country as Slovenia for example. Thought Sorbs are too small while Rusyns are too scattered so i think both of them should just keep and preserve their identity.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well this is how the thing are at the moment:

Rusyns – 1.2 million (but scattered around Europe)
    Sorbs – 70,000
    Silesians – Germany: ~3,600,000

Unofficially, there are more of them. I even heard about almost half a million of Luzicki Serby.
    First autonomy, than independency!

Anonymous

Pentaz

3,600,000 in Germany alone.  There are about 2,000,000 of them in Poland and another 1,000,000 in Czechia. This would make 6,600,000 of them, more than Slovakia or Croatia. ;)

About Rusyns, yes, they are scattered all over Eastern Europe, but I think their homeland would be in what is now NW Ukraine/SE Poland/NE Slovakia, like on that map. Rest should move there.

Dervan

Do you mean partial Sorbian ancestry or wholly Sorbian ancestry? Through Germanization over years, I think it is truly impossible to tell today exactly who is pure Sorb and who not in East Germany.

Anonymous

Do you mean partial Sorbian ancestry or wholly Sorbian ancestry? Through Germanization over years, I think it is truly impossible to tell today exactly who is pure Sorb and who not in East Germany.

I thought on modern number of people who have a sense of belonging to Serbian nation, but concealing that. That told me one gastarbeiter from eastern Germany. They still have some kind of fear to declare themself as Serbs (after hundreds of years of persecution, killings etc.)

Anonymous

Personally, I completely agree with Dervan. In my opinion, only authonomy and subsequently an independent Sorbian country would prevent the Sorbs from ultimate germanization. It does not mind that it is a small people. How many people live in Vatican, San Marino, Monaco and Luxembourgh? And still, they have their independent countries.

Anonymous

I can only vote for those nations which are behind the border of slavic teritory, so I vote for Sorbs. I don t consider this thread very usefull as well, because it uselessly expands ideas of separation whis is one the hugest barriers for unification of slavic nations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I can only vote for those nations which are behind the border of slavic teritory, so I vote for Sorbs. I don t consider this thread very usefull as well, because it uselessly expands ideas of separation whis is one the hugest barriers for unification of slavic nations.

What do you mean by "unification" of Slavic nations? As in one big Slavia or Slavonia, where all Slavic countries merage into one nation?

Anonymous

Maybe I used incorrect term. I mean there is too many rivality between slavic nations. Just look at the Balkan region. We must stop that. And in the case of Slavic Union, I regard this solution as a plan B for us, when I see what is happening in the EU. Maybe, if one day Slavic Union become a reality, this issue will not be such dangerous for us. But in these times spreading separatistic ideas between our nations is precisely what our enemies want. It is puting a sword to our enemies hands.

Anonymous
    Quote:

And what about Transnistria?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.