• This topic has 15 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Why do Russians want to hold on to a Russian Federation? I mean why have so many Turkic and Muslim people as part of your country? Shouldn't Russia be land where Slavs live only? Just curious.

Anonymous

Its rather a form of administration, right? Like German federal states i guess.

Anonymous

Probably for the resources.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why do Russians want to hold on to a Russian Federation? I mean why have so many Turkic and ****** people as part of your country? Shouldn't Russia be land where Slavs live only? Just curious.

LOL, going back to middle ages bro?

Larger the country and the more manpower it has, the larger trading market it has, the more stable it is and other countries would think twice before attacking them. In short they're more independent and should live better than small countries, and most of Turkic and Muslim people in Russia know that and they don't object

Anonymous
    Quote:

Larger the country and the more manpower it has, the larger trading market it has, the more stable it is and other countries would think twice before attacking them. In short they're more independent and should live better than small countries, and most of Turkic and ****** people in Russia know that and they don't object

Which is why the average Russian has always been more prosperous than, say, the average Swiss … wait, what?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Larger the country and the more manpower it has, the larger trading market it has, the more stable it is and other countries would think twice before attacking them. In short they're more independent and should live better than small countries, and most of Turkic and ****** people in Russia know that and they don't object

Not the middle ages. Don't worry this isn't a jab at Russians. I was just really curious as to why Russians would want to incorporate all these Turkic-Muslim territories in their country. I don't think a county's size determines quality of life or even the resources it has. I mean look at country's like Singapore. From what I understand Russians have a real problem with Muslim growth in their country while at the same time seeing more Slavic decline. Is holding on to all these non-Slavic states really worth it?

Anonymous

Well maybe give the turkic people there own countries but give them terretories cerfully so that you obtain the most natural resources or something like that.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well maybe give the turkic people there own countries but give them terretories cerfully so that you obtain the most natural resources or something like that.

Well its not that simple. First of all there would have to be a referendum. Like Shaokang said , many of these people may not want to leave the Russian Federation. Secondly you have the issue of a lot of Slavic Russian minorities in the Turkic states. What's to gurantee their safety? Thirdly, none of the non-Slav states who desire to be independent would give up their key resources.

Anonymous

I think most wouldn't go away and why should they brake away man Russians need living space. :D

Anonymous

Of course, from the ethnic and cultural points of view, Russia is on the brink of catastrophe. Expansion and keeping power over new territories always benefited the ruling elite only. People who lived in their villages had absolutely no interest in Siberia and the Far East. Today's "federation" (in quotes, because the federation implies the autonomy of the regions, and it's not in Russia), also, benefits the ruling elite and businesses they are patronizing only. There is no sign it will change in future. All the regional elite have great relations with Moscow as they have access to "kormushka" (feeder) – the budget, so they are even happy with such dependence.

Anonymous

Well, firstly it's need to know what exactly territories? Do you mean Caucaus? If so, than yes, Russians would like to give them independence, but there is little problem: People from Caucaus don't want that. And I think it is obvious why, so no need to explain you the reasons. Next..what other territories? You should understand that other nationalities in Russia ( which are native here not migrants) are feel as Russians, they think as Russians (anyway they think that they do), they love Russia and Russia is their Motherland. To where should they go from Russia? And we accept them, we understand them and we've lived together with them for many centuries. We can't tell them "you go away". It would not be fair because Russia is motherland for them as for Russians.
    Yes, even for people in Bashkortastan and Tatarstan. Beleive me I was there and people actually don't want to be separated from other Russia. They love us and our country, we can't abandon them.

As for cultural situation, it is awful because of migrants. So other non-Slavic nationalities in Russia are not gulty.
    And we want our country stay integral not disunited.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    (…) Do you mean Caucaus? If so, than yes, Russians would like to give them independence, but there is little problem: People from Caucaus don't want that. (…)

So why did Russians fight the Chechen wars?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So why did R?ussians fight the Chechen wars?

Same reason the usa fought the civil war,  same reason as Poland's operation Vistula.  Plus Chechen terrorists kill thousands of Russians

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So why did Russians fight the Chechen wars?

Ask Eltsin about that. We don't know.

Anonymous

There are several Turkish speaking groups of peoples living in the Russian Federation. Some are small groups with populations of no more than 100,000, others are larger groups. Why Russia does not let these republics free? Let’s look at the republic of Yakutia. Yakuts are Turkish speaking people, although they look like native people of Siberia. The area the republic of Yakutia covers is five times larger than that of France. The population of Yakuts is 500 000. This is a small indigenous group of people living in vast land of eastern Siberia… Asking the Russian government giving the republic independence would be similar in asking the American, Canadian or Australian governments giving independence to indigenous peoples of North America or Australia. Moreover, there are 5-6K languages spoken with many ethnical groups living around the world, yet there are only around 200 countries recognised by the UN. If the republic of Yakutia with a small population that it has were not part of Russia, then it’d be a part of another country. Besides, the land is rich in natural resources. That’s how it goes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.