• This topic has 45 voices and 116 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So anyone has an idea why are Czech people so absent on internet? I mean there is 10,513,209 (10 million) of them and they're like nowhere. When i look at us Croats, Serbs and Slovenes here on Slavorum, we're like a virus :D Also this is not only tied to Slavorum but in general, i've never really seen a larger group of Czech people on internet :D

So the question is where are the Czechs?

Anonymous

At this time? Probably already in pubs… ;D

I don't think they absent in general (but on Slavorum are really rare), you just probably don't notice them and you probably also don't move often in the same corners of internet like them.

Anonymous

Do many Czechs speak English? That could be a factor.

Anonymous

They got life ;D

Anonymous

I'm sure not all of them do. And those should come here! :D

Anonymous

They exist but they don't tell other people that they are Czechs every other conversation and speak pretty good English. Sneaky Crypto-Czechs you can never point one out.  ;D

Anonymous

Life is overrated.

Anonymous

There are a couple Czechs here but I think Czechs are busy living their lives :P.  They are a success story as a country and probably don't think about their Slavic cousins all that much.  Czechs are nice people and much less passionate than south Slavs. The shocking thing here is that when you combine all the south Slavs here that group is the largest. You would think they would be the least interested in talking to each other yet here we are mingling. IMO that's a great sign that the future may be better than the present. Sometimes I feel like this is an Ex-Yugoslav mingling forum which is kept in check by much more rational and clear headed Slavic cousins in Slovenia , Slovakia , Poland , & the other Slavic countries :P

Anonymous

@aaaaa Don't knock it till you've tried it;)

Anonymous

@Zdenislav You're Czech? God damn man you guys on internet are like Dodo birds :D why don't you bring us some more Czech on board, besides pub is no reason to not be here as all Slavs are heavy drinkers! :D

Anonymous

Those Czechs who like Slavic stuff, probably hang around their own local websites. Then there are Czechs who are rather Western-oriented and don't like other Slavs as Russians, Poles or Slovak students in Prague. )))  And then there's a large group of those who don't care. That's pity.

Anonymous

@Pentaz sort of…

As Svatoslava already pointed out, Czechs are usually not interested in Pan-Slavism (me neither!), those, who are interested in Slavic studies have better options in local websites and those, who visit it here somehow anyway, will be probably shocked after reading a few posts (unfortunately some discussions here are like from some neo-nazi forum) and leave.

And anyway Czechs generally don't give a **** about anything, so they behave really Czech, when they are not here ;D

@Svatoslava: I don't see any direct connection between interests in Slavic stuff and so-called "western" or "eastern" orientation.

Anonymous

That's why we have a saying "biti Čeh". ;D

Anonymous

I think Ukrainians are even more absent . I mean not only in Slav Forum but in general on the internet. I noticed my Ukrainian friends use internet and social networking sites much less than Poles.

Anonymous

@Sunniva89

I think Ukrainians are even more absent . I mean not only in Slav Forum but in general on the internet. I noticed my Ukrainian friends use internet and social networking sites much less than Poles.

I noticed that too. Poles are more heard from on the internet than Ukrainians.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • Fia
  • jorgos