• This topic has 26 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Slavorumers, what is your personal reason for being proud of your Slavic blood?

Anonymous

Because i love my language and culture. :)

Anonymous

And that’s why I’m proud of being a Slavic woman.

Anonymous

I agree with Svätoslava! I am a part Slovak too and I love mountains and nature. But most of all, I love our culture and our Slavic soul.  :)

Anonymous

It’s our Slavic culture, traditions, heritage and my Slavic ancestors whom I am proud of

Anonymous

Yes, it is our common heritage. If there is one thing we all share, it is our Slavic soul.

Anonymous

It’s good know we have Slavic brothers whom we don’t need to explain why we often mention our souls or pointing these people to Dostoevsky writings.

Anonymous

Proud to be Slavic? of course…and for quite some reasons:

1) Brought electricity to human kind
    2) First people in space & First living habitat “colony” in space (MIR)
    3) Largest numerically meta-ethnicity in Europe
    4) Amazing culture and history
    5) Won world wars and kick some major ass everywhere
    6) Most of Slavic nations have long warrior history.
    7) Amazing mythology which we have to promote a bit

…don’t know, there’s really a bunch when one thinks about it, but these few above mentioned literally affected all of human kind.

As for Slavic soul, yeah there’s a lot of talking about it. I think that has to do something with most Slavs acting natural, laidback and speaking their mind openly not calculating what they say but just speaking without restrictions and fear of judgment while most of westerners act and speak calculated, cold, reserved… That’s how i see it… and Slavs always had some sort of a bond with nature.

Anonymous

This is my soul that I am proud of!

Anonymous

I’m not. I can’t be proud of something I didn’t make nor choose. I can’t be proud of something imperfect. I’m satisfied and I’m happy but I’m not proud. I’m happy because I love our land. Driving a car in a modern road and admiring green meadows and golden farmlands makes me happy. Sharing my life with friends living here makes me happy. What’s more I like our women, mentality, languages, mysterious ancient folk architecture, cuisine, forests, rain. I appreciate our artists, philosophers, achievements, respect for liberty and variety (unfortunately forgotten but I’m hope one day Slavonic countries will be the most tolerant in the world again) and our revolutionary egalitarian minds. That’s why I’m really happy I’m Slavic. If I could born again and choose my birthplace I would change nothing. I mean I’d probably choose Russia or Ukraine but still it’s Slavia. However, I’m not proud of that ’cause there’s no my contribution. I’m proud of new ring road around my city contributed by my taxes.

@Kudesnik, and what does Russian/Slavic soul mean to you?

Anonymous

Mainly because of good food and booze.

Oh and the soul thing too ofc…

Anonymous

This question puzzles many people.

It’s used in literature, artistic creativity and everyday’s discussions. I guess it is related to the features of Russian character and perception of the world. I can include a  list of the features: generosity and unselfishness of ordinary folks. Sincerity and openness. Широкая душа русского человека is often mention.  It’s translated as generous nature of a Russian person.

It’s also a principle of ‘all or nothing’ in which people are ready to do the feat, but first they will put themselves in circumstances in which no feat is not enough.

I don’t know what it is. It’s forgotten past and unattainable future.

Anonymous

I guess it is related to the features of Russian character and perception of the world. I can include a  list of the features: generosity and unselfishness of ordinary folks. Sincerity and openness. Широкая душа русского человека is often mention.  It’s translated as generous nature of a Russian person. 

Anonymous

I can relate to what you are writing and maybe the word ‘cherish’ would have been more appropriate here. Still, we are born into Slavic families and most of us were brought in Slavic cultures and traditions. Even we didn’t choose to be Slavs, we are a tiny piece of something bigger and I am very happy to be associated with it. And I am definitely proud of my ancestors who happened to be Slavs.

Anonymous

Of course we do but I believe that pride is something else. If your child graduates, you’re proud of it. If you build a beautiful house, you’re proud of your house. Even if your city hosts international event, you’re proud of your city… because a. you gave more attention to your child and educated it better, b. you worked harder for entire life and earned enough to build such a wonderful house, c. all the inhabitants make their city great place worth of international attention. It’s just my opinion but I think that pride is a respectful way to express superiority. If we compare Russian, Polish or any other Slavonic culture with e.g. Somalian one then Slavonic superiority is visible with the naked eye but this superiority has not been achieved by us (to be proud of that). This has been achieved by our forefathers – to bo honored to be their descendant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.