• This topic has 12 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #345157

    Anonymous

    Why Slovenes and Kajkavian Croats have Kaj for what? I mean this is wierd becouse other Slavs have Šta, Što, Čo, Co, Ča, etc. which is logical since Što and Čo ain't that so far sounding while Kaj in my opinion is totally different.To make it even more funny some of us here use also Kva and Kuga, etc. for what.

    The only Slovene dialect which is normal in this respect is Rožansko narečje of Carinthian dialectical group which also uses Čoj as a substitute. However Rožansko is mostly extinct anyways since it is in Austria. So yeah anyways why a hell Kaj? ;D

    #412891

    Anonymous

    Because we can. Like a boss.  8)

    No, seriously, I have no bloody idea but I like it though I often use kvoga instead of kaj – dialect pač…  :)

    #412892

    Anonymous

    For example in one part of region Tekov in Southern Slovakia people instead of "teraz" (now) are saying "čilej". That's totally differentas well.

    #412893

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Because we can. Like a boss.  8)

    Damn right! ;D

    Quote:
    No, seriously, I have no bloody idea but I like it though I often use kvoga instead of kaj – dialect pač…  :)

    Hehehe cool this is like a interesting combo of kva and kuga. :D

    Quote:
    For example in one part of region Tekov in Southern Slovakia people instead of "teraz" (now) are saying "čilej". That's totally differentas well.

    Interesting. :)

    #412894

    Anonymous

    You are the knights who say "kaj" xD (I hope there are people here who like Monty Python xD )

    I was thinking about the same question few days ago.
    The kva reminds me of Bulgarian kvo which is short version of kakvo . It is used in few Torlakian places near Bulgaria too. (if I am mistaken please correct me)
    Kaj is also used in Torlakian speeches but it means "how ?" .

    #412895

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    You are the knights who say "kaj" xD (I hope there are people here who like Monty Python xD )

    Hahahhaha yep Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 8) However the rabbit scene is still the biggest win. ;D

    Quote:
    I was thinking about the same question few days ago.
    The kva reminds me of Bulgarian kvo which is short version of kakvo . It is used in few Torlakian places near Bulgaria too. (if I am mistaken please correct me)
    Kaj is also used in Torlakian speeches but it means "how ?" .

    Interesting. Thanks for that. I didn't knew. :)

    #412896

    Anonymous

    Btw, do Resians also use kaj or a form of it?

    #412897

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Btw, do Resians also use kaj or a form of it?

    Nism čist sigurn k ta t'stara vrjanta pisave pud Laškim uplivam me čist zbega. Pu mojem majo ene pudobno različico kokr mi; http://147.162.119.1:8081/resianica/x-gna/katich1.do

    #412898

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Nism čist sigurn k ta t'stara vrjanta pisave pud Laškim uplivam me čist zbega. Pu mojem majo ene pudobno različico kokr mi; http://147.162.119.1:8081/resianica/x-gna/katich1.do

    Ok, tnx.  :) Sn mislu, ko uni so bol taki… "posebni"  ;)

    #412899

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ok, tnx.  :) Sn mislu, ko uni so bol taki… "posebni"  ;)

    Correction i just found out they have similar variant like Rožansko narečje read Čoj except that here it seems to be Koj; Coi jė touv Santiſsim Sacraminte? Another variant; Coj to sè intinda te specie od Cruha, anu od Vina? and Coj se dilla tuv Peclè?

    Btw i have been thinking if Rožansko uses Čoj this must be natural progresion from Što & Čo and in turn Čoj must be step foward into Rezijansko Koj and in the end into our Kaj maybe? I know my wierd hypothesis. ;D

    #412900

    Anonymous

    It's probably a mutation, example: šwa, šwaj, kvaj, kaj…or something like that, I googled it and couldn't find anything, but i've been wondering about this subject for some time…also, it probably had foreign influence due to migrations..

    #412901

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    For example in one part of region Tekov in Southern Slovakia people instead of "teraz" (now) are saying "čilej". That's totally differentas well.

    Quote:
    Interesting. :)

    I meant by that that it's not that weird as you though, to have a word which sounds absolutely different from other Slavic languages or dialects. But because of that word are Kajkavian Croats called "kajkavian", right? People who use "čilej" are called here "čilejkári". It's not that strange to have for one thing different words in different languages – just in Slovakia we use for "potatoes" except literal zemiaky also words zemáky, zemky, grule, grumbíre, krumple, švábky, erteple, bandurky, kompere etc.

    #412902

    Anonymous
    Quote:

    I meant by that that it's not that weird as you though, to have a word which sounds absolutely different from other Slavic languages or dialects. But because of that word are Kajkavian Croats called "kajkavian", right? People who use "čilej" are called here "čilejkári". It's not that strange to have for one thing different words in different languages – just in Slovakia we use for "potatoes" except literal zemiaky also words zemáky, zemky, grule, grumbíre, krumple, švábky, erteple, bandurky, kompere etc.

    We call it "krompir", but švábky makes me laugh!  ;D It remembers me on švabeki – little Schwabians – Germans.  ;D

    #412903

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    We call it "krompir", but švábky makes me laugh!  ;D It remembers me on švabeki – little Schwabians – Germans.  ;D

    Actually "šváby" means cockroaches :D Just a minor thing – during WW2 were Germans/Nazis called behind their backs "cockroaches" by Slovaks ;D Probably "divided" from Schwabians, who knows >:3
    In my area we use "krumpľe" ;)

    #412904

    Anonymous

    I say krumper for potatoe. :D

    Quote:
    But because of that word are Kajkavian Croats called "kajkavian", right?

    In modern times yes but in old times not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • CivilixXXX
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • AphexTwin
  • Sandfordd
  • Tujev
  • AcousticHLeon