• This topic has 12 voices and 58 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Visa-free travel for Ukrainians will take effect starting June 11, 2017.

This will affect holders of Ukrainian biometric passports travelling to the EU for a period of 90 days in any 180-day period. They will no longer need a visa to travel to the EU for business, tourism or family purposes up to 90 days. However, these measures will not apply to those travelling to Ireland or the United Kingdom.

http://openeurope.in.ua/

Anonymous

No.

Anonymous

@aaaaa Are you sure?  :D

Anonymous

I have a feeling they will, but I hope they wont.

Anonymous

I doubt Ukrainians will leave en masses. Not many people have enough money to travel to the other site of the country let alone to Europe. Also biometric passport cost money. Those who had money already traveled before visa free. But the number of Ukrainian tourists will increase

Anonymous

Lithuania’s President arrived in Ukraine today. Here she congratulates Ukraine on Visa Free Travel. One success from Maidan. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARSLsVhY69I

Anonymous

Nope, this ”visa free travel” dont give them instantly chance to work in the EU, so they won’t leave massively to EU like they did to Russia after 2014.

Anonymous

Ukrainians often had to wait 2-3 months for a visa, now they only need a biometric passport, enough money, and proving the goal of their visit, while one the border. I doubt if people will start to travel in a lot larger numbers, but surely will make it easier to cross the border, in less annoying way.

I wonder however if that doesn’t mean that Russians who now occupy Crimea can freely enter EU without a visa as well. I hope however that people responsible for this law thought about it as well. :)

Anonymous

An interesting question if Crimeans would get visa free visits to EU, since Ukraine and EU consider Crimea as part of Ukraine temporarily occupied by Russia.

Anonymous

@GaiusCoriolanus @Sviatogor

Residents of Crimea and Donbas

The European Union fully supports the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, as well as full implementation of the Minsk agreements.

The EU does not recognize the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol, and therefore does not recognize the legitimacy of the Russian government, illegally installed on the annexed territory. Russian passports issued illegal ‘authorities’ are not recognized as valid documents and applications for their Schengen visas automatically rejected.

However, the citizens of Ukraine who live in the Crimean peninsula, can travel to the Schengen zone. Apply an application for a visa in the passport Crimeans nebiometrychni be the consulates of EU member states, which opened in Ukraine.

Citizens of Ukraine who live in Crimea, but who have biometric passports will be able to enjoy visa-free regime along with all Ukrainian.

Russian citizens who received a passport to travel abroad to the illegal annexation and lived at the time of the Crimean Sevastopol or may continue to use it when submitting documents for a Schengen visa. However, travel documents, which were released after the illegal annexation, or those which illegally labeled Crimea as part of Russia, Consulate will not be accepted for consideration.

Travel documents issued so-called “DNR / FSC” is not recognized in the European Union. These “documents” can not be used for travel to the EU, including the Schengen zone.

At the same time Ukrainian living in areas outside the control of government and eastern regions who have biometric passports of citizens of Ukraine will be able to travel to Europe without a visa on an equal footing with residents of other regions.

Citizens of Ukraine who live in Crimea and ORDLO may apply for registration of biometric passports in any division of the State Migration Service in territory controlled by Ukraine.

The inhabitants of the Crimea, were forced to leave the peninsula may apply for biometric passports to the nearest unit LCA Ukraine at the place of residence.

Crimeans who live on the peninsula, may apply to specially designated migration service department at Kherson region, Novotroitsky area, settlement Novotroickoe Str. Chapaeva, 8 (1st floor), or another LCA division of your choice.

http://openeurope.in.ua/subjects/zhitelyam-ar-krym-i-donbassa-10

This interactive map estimates how much money a person will need to visit various EU countries.
    http://travel.europewb.org.ua/karta-yevropy/

Anonymous

Poroshenko opening the “door to the EU.” President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and President of Slovakia Andrej Kiska symbolic opening of the door to the European Union on the Ukraine-Slovak border to mark the entry into force of the visa-free regime for Ukraine. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j023fKuhzI

Anonymous

Anonymous

that freedom is an illusion… Ukraine will be just another frozen conflict on Russian border, forever stuck at the door of the EU.

Anonymous

@Karpivna 

Poroshenko opening the “door to the EU.” President of Ukraine Petro
    Poroshenko and President of Slovakia Andrej Kiska symbolic opening of
    the door to the European Union on the Ukraine-Slovak border to mark the
    entry into force of the visa-free regime for Ukraine.

I predicted this event! 😮 Remember? :D

Anonymous

Happy Ukrainians depart for the EU! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeFe8BX33s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Jan Pat II
  • Fia
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • slovborg
  • 'las